Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
The shoes have been out for 1 week.. Not fair at all. If you were around for the X release people were saying the same Thing because of how amazing the 9 was.

It took me a few games to break in the X and the traction is great on all surfaces despite everyone saying the traction would suck.

I could be wrong in all of this but I don't think it's a fair assessment 1 week after release.

I'd agree more if a lot of reviewers didn't get them roughly a week ahead. I have the 7-10 and they all worked great out the box. The 10s did need some break in like you said but they' were nothing like what people have been saying about the 11. My current go to is the curry 2 as I've gotten rid of most of my hooping shoes, and even they needed break in too but nothing major like I've heard. From the way things look optimism seems unlikely. Again the solid outsole seems like a better alternative either way

No one in a Kobe thread wants to hear the last shoe he'll play in is trash lol. 

Kobe's my favorite all time player too but accepting that maybe his last shoe isn't a great performer is better than trying to fool yourself into buying a performance beast. Traction is the rockbed for most good hoop shoes (MY OPINION) so if they are missing that then you might as well throw the rest out the window.

Kobe's my favorite all time player too but accepting that maybe his last shoe isn't a great performer is better than trying to fool yourself into buying a performance beast. Traction is the rockbed for most good hoop shoes (MY OPINION) so if they are missing that then you might as well throw the rest out the window.
I wonder what would happen if Nike didn't provide any tech info about a shoe and see how people like it performance wise. 

nerd.gif

Last edited:
Those BHM's are strictly a court Shoe, maybe workout shoe.

Casual wears are impossible

Of all the Nike Signatures this is by far the most casual friendly. They almost have a runner profile. And being that most people's "casual" today is overpriced sweat pants if probably fits right in. :D
Nothin wrong with the 10 silouette.

It can be worn casually no problem.

The XI silouette is the most casual friendly, or the BHM is the most casual friendly?

Don't answer that I can read your post and tell you mean the XI as a whole is casual friendly. I'd hope you'd read my post and be able to tell I'm talking about one shoe, not the whole XI

Now, if you really think that the BHM specifically is the most casual friendly shoe ever then, never mind, there is no way you are talking about just the BHM, that's impossible

BHM shirt is actually nice this year. Not loud at all. That with these is easy to wear off court. Black tech fleece shorts in the summer and BOOM. Your set.

The shoes have been out for 1 week.. Not fair at all. If you were around for the X release people were saying the same Thing because of how amazing the 9 was.

It took me a few games to break in the X and the traction is great on all surfaces despite everyone saying the traction would suck.

I could be wrong in all of this but I don't think it's a fair assessment 1 week after release.

I'd agree more if a lot of reviewers didn't get them roughly a week ahead. I have the 7-10 and they all worked great out the box. The 10s did need some break in like you said but they' were nothing like what people have been saying about the 11. My current go to is the curry 2 as I've gotten rid of most of my hooping shoes, and even they needed break in too but nothing major like I've heard. From the way things look optimism seems unlikely. Again the solid outsole seems like a better alternative either way

I got the solid outside for my nikeids but I won't get them in for another month.

For those that have the BHM in hand, is the solid outsole as thin as the translucent?

I wonder what would happen if Nike didn't provide any tech info about a shoe and see how people like it performance wise. 

Everyone's inner DJ Khaled would come out and we would all give it a ******ed name "I call these the cushiony comfortable knit zooms, don't EVER play yourself"

BHM shirt is actually nice this year. Not loud at all. That with these is easy to wear off court. Black tech fleece shorts in the summer and BOOM. Your set.

I saw these and though they were the WTK's.
I need to see this shirt that "isn't loud". These BHM aren't really loud though, it's like a 5 year old kid hit the iD link on Nike and this is what they came up with

Why not just take them back to Footlocker?

You can't return visibly worn shoes to the store because they can't resell them. Calling up Nike to complain is hit or miss. Typically they only give refunds if there are defects on the shoes.

Nothin wrong with the 10 silouette.

It can be worn casually no problem.

The XI silouette is the most casual friendly, or the BHM is the most casual friendly?

Don't answer that I can read your post and tell you mean the XI as a whole is casual friendly. I'd hope you'd read my post and be able to tell I'm talking about one shoe, not the whole XI

Now, if you really think that the BHM specifically is the most casual friendly shoe ever then, never mind, there is no way you are talking about just the BHM, that's impossible

We are in agreement that the XI is casual friendly. Matter of taste which colorways are more casual friendly. Personally I'm wearing my BHM strictly casual wear.

Nightwing from WearTesters is saying using solid rubber over translucent won't change anything. He says it's the pattern not the compound. For those wondering

That BHM shirt isn't bad. The KD BHM is a slick cw

I'm just going to tell you what my problem is about to be with the Xi, and that's the cw's

I'm not doing this again, with these colors that look they are team shoes for College Basketball. I missed the only really really really decent cw on the 10's in that all white non flyknit and had to pay some geeker over retail when I did grab.

The FK's release and I think I made it all the way to the Curials grabbing everyone that released and I was ok happy with the cw's but none of the FK's (iD's included) were just "calm".

Like, what happened to black, white, Grey? I guess at 37 years old, they don't want me rocking Kobe Xi's because I ain't doing this **** again this year.

What's your problem? Can't people just voice their opinions without you trying to be a d*ck about everything? That's pretty uncool

Don't take it personal, the NT crowd is not known for being nice. If you think that's bad, go post something negative about Kanye or his shoes and see what happens.. LOL

Continue doing your thing and post your opinions.

What's your problem? Can't people just voice their opinions without you trying to be a d*ck about everything? That's pretty uncool
Ill answer your last point first then get into the question at hand. 

Im not interested in being cool or liked so lets move on to the more important part. 

My problem is uninformed people like the guy I quoted. You can voice your opinion all you want but to say the shoes will injury you is ridiculous. I have been a wear tester for Nike for probably 5+ yrs now. Ive tested golf to basketball products some great and some not so great. You cant possibly say you've had a full trial of a product in a few hours its just impossible. 

Ive had a chance to play in the XI for a month now and the shoe wont cause or promote any injuries. I could give full in-depth review of the product but Nike has a excellent policy, just try it out for yourself. Dont rely on someone elses subjective review that probably has zero knowledge about a product. 

So if all of what I said is being a **** then Ill be that I got big balls 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom