Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
So your opinion is obviously biased, thanks for outing yourself and making everything you say un-credible. I was just curious where all this random rage was coming from, but it's obviously Nike spoon feeding you high performance *******t so cheers dude. Oh and I never said anything about injuries I just said that from a pattern it seemed like horrible traction is inevitable.
Im too old  to get in a tit for tat for something that is clearly over your head is pointless but allow me to retort

1st I never stated my opinion about the shoe if you read my post. Honestly Im not even sure why you quoted me cuz I didnt quote you but anyways. 

2nd Nike spoon feeds marginal products as well as good one. Read my post again. 

3rd  I didnt quote you regarding testing the shoe. Read my post again. 

Lastly there is zero rage over here. Like I said in my prior post if you dont have experience in a product you shouldnt say whats good or not good and a few hours one should know better than to post an incomplete review. 

Read my post again

I need one last Lakers colorway...since I know I won't see too many Laker colorway shoes once Kobe rerires.

How did you find the traction?
Not bad, not the greatest shoe in terms of traction but its all subjective. Ive had shoes with a lot of traction and I didnt like that. For me a shoe doesnt need to prevent my foot from moving completely. 

Looking back on the X model I found some cws better than others in terms of traction. I played in every cw released Em to Elite low and found these to have the best "traction"

while the shoe wasnt as flexible as some other models in the X line 

Not bad, not the greatest shoe in terms of traction but its all subjective. Ive had shoes with a lot of traction and I didnt like that. For me a shoe doesnt need to prevent my foot from moving completely. 

Looking back on the X model I found some cws better than others in terms of traction. I played in every cw released Em to Elite low and found these to have the best "traction"

View media item 1873455

while the shoe wasnt as flexible as some other models in the X line 
Wait. Question. Aren't the 10s not technically EM? They're like a fuse and mesh upper

Wait. Question. Aren't the 10s not technically EM? They're like a fuse and mesh upper
I don't know what the actual upper is called, but yeah, theyre not EMs in the sense of the same upper as the 8s and 9s, but they might still be called EM in Nike descriptions.

Last edited:
I don't know what the actual upper is , but yeah, theyre not EMs in the sense of the same upper as the 8s and 9s, but they might still be called EM in Nike descriptions.
Yeah idk what Nike calls them but I'm pretty certain it's not EM, if it is it's definitely not what was on the 8s and 9s

The question was about traction not the upper material composition but technically its called open weave textile but for the sake of conversation EM works for me. 

The xi's get better and better fit wise with wear! i'm comitted to probably two more pairs now, the asg and if nike releases some special retirement pair

The question was about traction not the upper material composition but technically its called open weave textile but for the sake of conversation EM works for me. 
Fine but I was asking a separate question to clarify something. I just refer to it as base model honestly it's easier for me

I've been wearing them some more and I am seeing no issue with traction. Haven't noticed any slipping and switched out half way to curry 1s and didn't notice anything differently. I am a slashing undersized guard so I don't know if it may be worse for heavier players or if I am just playing on better courts but had I never read a bad review on traction I would be fine with it.

I've been wearing them some more and I am seeing no issue with traction. Haven't noticed any slipping and switched out half way to curry 1s and didn't notice anything differently. I am a slashing undersized guard so I don't know if it may be worse for heavier players or if I am just playing on better courts but had I never read a bad review on traction I would be fine with it.

Is there a lot of dust and debris under the shoe after you play?

I think the fit of the shoe can play a role in how the traction is for people. Everyone has different results with the same shoe.

Big footers, what if you are a solid 12.5,would you go half a sz up or half down considering stores do not get 12.5

I think the fit of the shoe can play a role in how the traction is for people. Everyone has different results with the same shoe.
Would be interesting to compare the traction to people who went TTS to those that went half size down 

Big footers, what if you are a solid 12.5,would you go half a sz up or half down considering stores do not get 12.5
Try on if you can but probably 12 cuz they are still long. They do run tight, but if you go half size up you might have way too much room

Back
Top Bottom