Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
The design might end up being the same as these pics. but seeing real materials on them might make a world of difference.

Hopefully.

I don't understand what all these people are complaining about...

I like the silhouette. 

They are going to be performance beasts. Flyweave upper with a low profile midsole.

They are an improved kobe IX, which which we're many people's favorite performance basketball shoes.

I don't mind drop-in insoles just hate when it squeaks.

First thing I am looking at Monday when they unveil it is the heel. Looks pretty whack right now.

i hate how nike basketball does this every other model DNA crap.

LBJ 13 = roided up LBJ 11

KB 11 = raided up KB 9

I'm liking these more and more.
Not looking good for me - at least this version of the shoe. The Nike unveil shot showing what looks like the bottom of the outsole that looks like these shots we've been seeing does not look good for me.

Hoping the highs/FK's look better.

I don't mind the drop in insole, maybe we will see a full length zoom option on nikeid.

Then I can use the insoles on my 8's

Been a long time lurker here, but decided to post for the first time.

Anyways, from the first pictures I actually liked them, I liked them clean and simple ,I'm not really sure what people where expecting but I'm in.I didn't really like the 10's minus the flight and Christmas cokourways.
The drop in is fine with me too, personally would of rather had the full lunalon than the heal air but we shall see if they play better than the 10's

I was hoping the design for the XI would go above and beyond, instead of being an evolution of past 3 models. Although, with that new pic, I'm starting to see the innovative aspect of it.

Even though I hate bottom loaded Zoom, I'm sure impact protection will be a tad better than the weak Zoom cage in the Kobe X. Also, I like how they went a little further with the Nike Free aspect from the X and how you can see the inner workings of the shoe through the clear outsole.

Sure, may seem borrowed and lazy, initially, but after studying a number of the pics floating around, I'm cool with it now.

EDIT: I love and will support Kobe, but these will be had on sale 8)

Last edited:
I was hoping the design for the XI would go above and beyond,

me too.

the 5's were an evolution of the 4's (which are one of the best looking), and then the 6-10 all have the same thing. 1 piece upper with scales, prints, flyknit, whatever with modified midsoles.

however, my main reason for sticking with this line is strictly performance based. i'm sure i could adjust to another pair but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

design wise, i like the direction the kyrie line is going. not sure how well they are on court yet.

I have flat feet and need custom orthotics, so I guess this is another kobe I can't play ball in |I. Really hate these drop in insoles, as much as they can be great (flightposite 1-3, ultraposite, lebron iv), I can't play in them anymore.

I guess I'll just pass on these. They look very plain and generic anyway for a sig sneaker. imo,
V > IV > IX Elite > II ST > I > VI > X Elite > VIII > XI > III > VII

Nike definitely mailed it in on the XI's. And yea those inserts will squeak just like the 8's did but at least these don't have the cardboard tongue that didn't usually hold up well. Maybe the elite's will be better. Bring on the retros.

Last edited:
The IX highs were pretty damn innovative
yea, other than that. 

i think it's pretty sad that the design team for Kobes got stuck on the whole black mamba snake theme after the V. i'm glad they went away with it on the X, but now it looks more or less back to what we had with the 8.

the lebrons design wise at least each iterations try to incorporate different stuff save for the 7 and 8.

Back
Top Bottom