Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
So high top sneakers = gimmick but mids and lows don't.

Ok got it. Jordan 1, Dunk Highs, Command Forces all gimmicks.

Shoe height doesn't make something a gimmick and besides why would you want Nike to stop making highs? Your still getting 2 low versions and a mid anyway. If you don't like high pass on em and grab the lows. The existence of the high hasn't stop Nike from putting out lows. Flyknit is the real gimmick. Not the height.

Last edited:
Honestly I always kinda liked the high tops. Call it a gimmick if you want idc, but I kinda like the high top feel. Yeah it doesn't provide like any more crazy support or anything but honestly I just like the feel of it wrapped all around my ankle

I wonder what new tech they're gonna put in these. If they're gonna be the last I hope they out like crazy. Full on flyknit or flightweave, just something woven. Miss carbon fiber. Why did they stop implementing it? For sure its not price because carbon fiber isn't expensive at all, relative to plastic it is, but of in itself it's pretty cheap, rigid, effective, and durable.... Things I wish I could use for TPU....

If the high top is played out (I don't think it is), they could grab attention to the line by incorporing that dynamic fit collar that was rumored to be featured on the KD 8 (and as we all can se, it didn't happen). It's a different way to use Flyknit and imo looks good.

If the high top is played out (I don't think it is), they could grab attention to the line by incorporing that dynamic fit collar that was rumored to be featured on the KD 8 (and as we all can se, it didn't happen). It's a different way to use Flyknit and imo looks good.
I also like it, but with the boots/cleats they lose elastic fairly fast and so it gets stretched quickly. I never picked one up but anyone know what the Kobe VII supreme sock was like?

the outsole might be translucent bc in asia release translucent outsole have a EP tag for clear outsoles and XDR for solid rubber outsole

I also like it, but with the boots/cleats they lose elastic fairly fast and so it gets stretched quickly. I never picked one up but anyone know what the Kobe VII supreme sock was like?
It pretty much felt like a sock around your ankles. It had velcro so you could sort of adjust the tightness accordingly.

11887222_1653465121533763_1504935820_n.jpg

Translation anyone?

The words are way too small....

It pretty much felt like a sock around your ankles. It had velcro so you could sort of adjust the tightness accordingly.
A lot of people didn't like the VII, but I loved them, I even iDed an extra insert with the supreme strap. It wasn't really an ankle thing, I think most people had that expectation of it which is why they were disappointed. It was OUTSTANDING for a lock down fit though, it is my go-to insert for the VIIs, even over the elite insert.

The 7s were by far the most uncomfortable shoe I've ever purchased. Colorways were great though so I still ended up with 4 pairs.

IF those are the 11 that's def a mid. An although a sample CW that huge clear piece is too much. I don't mind yellowing on old kicks but damn those will look real bad down the road.

Back
Top Bottom