Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
To me they are good but not great. Hopefully look better in person.

Seeing the insole through the clear sole looks like junk to me.

I know people have different opinions and im not hating but just curious. .

People who like these......what exactly do u like about them?
I think they're alright, what I think most people are "hating" on is that it lacks the WOW factor. They look real simple/basic tbh. 

To be Kobe's last shoe while he leaves the game, I think people wanted something more to do it justice. 

These will be a nice pair for the gym, to ball in, hopefully comfortable enough to do whatever. However, these def won't be the shoes that you put on ice and cherish forever (which I assume is what most people were expecting).

Oh good, they repackaged the Kobe 9 and will now sell it to us for 200$! Don't get me wrong, I love the look of this shoe, but man, its almost identical to the Kobe 9 low. Look at the heel, its exactly the same. It has a plusher ankle collar and doesnt have the visible heal counter, but other than that, its a Kobe 9. Hopefully we can actually feel some responsive cushioning for once! Jordan brand is KILLING it in the springy cushion department.

Yes,
http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sp...bryant?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=referral

At the 1:30 mark Kobe confirms they are in the lab working on the 12. Happy to see it will continue. 

Yes indeed they are. I have mentioned this multiple times way earlier. What they are attempting with the 12 will be crazy mind blowing! As for these 11s, they are real solid.

Kobe hyped up the Kobe X too and we saw how that turned out.

Last edited:
I think they're alright, what I think most people are "hating" on is that it lacks the WOW factor. They look real simple/basic tbh. 

To be Kobe's last shoe while he leaves the game, I think people wanted something more to do it justice. 

These will be a nice pair for the gym, to ball in, hopefully comfortable enough to do whatever. However, these def won't be the shoes that you put on ice and cherish forever (which I assume is what most people were expecting).

Exactly how i feel.

If they continue his line i guarantee the XII will look way better.

I think they continue his line beyond the 11s. Just take a look at how many players in the NBA are using the 10s. Kobe's more than not, perform great on the court, and they are very popular among those who play ball. Makes no sense to stop the line just because he isn't playing.

1. Love flyknit for basketball, I understand people don't like how they've used it in the past with the glue making it firm but this has never bothered me. Also looking forward to seeing how the TPU strands reinforce the upper. Funny because I remember speaking to someone that works at Nike about how I thought they could strengthen their flyknit and flyweave with some type of reinforcement material. Explained to them how in structural engineering we can use different materials (rebar, wire mesh, fiber-reinforced) within concrete to reinforce the concrete while make it more flexible and hold better in shear.  They told me they had something in the works so this must be it. 

2. The midsole having zoom in the heal is clutch. I remember with the VIII's I liked to switch in my LeBron XI midsoles that had the zoom and I thought it made the shoe perform even better. Also happy to see they are continuing the free design in the midsole, it's not as flexible as if it were used within the sole as well but still adds flexibility compared to normal midsoles.

3. Since the IV I have loved playing in a low cut so seeing that it will be a low makes me very happy. The IX high elite was great because it did perform like a low, but I still preferred the freedom above my ankle. 

4. Also the different color patterns available for flyknit (even though I'm still waiting on a blue/green dominant flyknit Kobe)  make this shoe have plenty of creative possibilities.

5. Finally I like the clear sole showing the midsole. Reminds me of when Tinker decided to make visible air units. I've always been a fan of transparency in architecture because as a structural engineer this let's some of my work show rather having the structure hidden behind facades and walls. So seeing the inner workings of a shoe is a concept I like and appreciate. 

Last edited:
Nice indoor soccer shoe. 
roll.gif

That's what Tinker said they were going for as far as design. They focused more on performance. 

The more pictures i see online the more i like these.

Nothing really stands out with these in the same way nothing stands out with an af1 or stan smith.

Just a simple clean sneaker like a lifestyle/sport hybrid.

I think i mite get em and rock em casually

1. Love flyknit for basketball, I understand people don't like how they've used it in the past with the glue making it firm but this has never bothered me. Also looking forward to seeing how the TPU strands reinforce the upper. Funny because I remember speaking to someone that works at Nike about how I thought they could strengthen their flyknit and flyweave with some type of reinforcement material. Explained to them how in structural engineering we can use different materials (rebar, wire mesh, fiber-reinforced) within concrete to reinforce the concrete while make it more flexible and hold better in shear.  They told me they had something in the works so this must be it. 

2. The midsole having zoom in the heal is clutch. I remember with the VIII's I liked to switch in my LeBron XI midsoles that had the zoom and I thought it made the shoe perform even better. Also happy to see they are continuing the free design in the midsole, it's not as flexible as if it were used within the sole as well but still adds flexibility compared to normal midsoles.

3. Since the IV I have loved playing in a low cut so seeing that it will be a low makes me very happy. The IX high elite was great because it did perform like a low, but I still preferred the freedom above my ankle. 

4. Also the different color patterns available for flyknit (even though I'm still waiting on a blue/green dominant flyknit Kobe)  make this shoe have plenty of creative possibilities.

5. Finally I like the clear sole showing the midsole. Reminds me of when Tinker decided to make visible air units. I've always been a fan of transparency in architecture because as a structural engineer this let's some of my work show rather having the structure hidden behind facades and walls. So seeing the inner workings of a shoe is a concept I like and appreciate. 

I didn't catch it... Are you a structural engineer?

I don't get why people find it funny that it looks like a soccer shoe. Soccer shoes are real easy to wear casually so why would that be a bad thing? 90 percent of you don't play basketball anyway, these should be right up your alley. And it seems like those who do play understand what this shoe might be about on court. Like someone said a few posts ago, it looks like a classic low key sneaker like a samba, stan smith or AF1. Id rather them go in this direction with the Kobe than whatever the hell direction the Lebron is going in. I'm starting to wonder if thats what you guys were expecting. All of a sudden Eric Avar and Kobe just up and decide to toss plastic radiation signs all over the upper with some gaudy midsole that looks like waves and some sh** across the tongue for no real reason with crooked laces to top it off. Or how about some god**** crocodile teeth at the front? 

I'll take these all day, thanks Nike. I know how hard it is for you to not make a transformer with laces for a basketball shoe. 

big meh. its not a bad shoe, but as a sig shoe. esp for kobe on his last season and last shoe he will wear in the nba. its disappointing. of course just my opinion and if it performs out of this world on the court.. isnt that what it really is suppose to be since it is a basketball shoe?

i think its the sole that i dont like the design on that throws the entire shoe off for me. im predicting just like a lot of nike shoes lately, will sit.

is that like EM up front andflyknit in the back, like the current Lunarglide 7s (or looks that way at least)

NIKE-LUNARGLIDE-7-747355_006_A_PREM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom