Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I'm not trying to rub in or anything just excited.

I'm really not sure at all. I haven't done anything special. I have only put in one entry for all of them just really lucky I guess. The 4's are really nice but am hoping for the 5's or the 9's. I am thankful to have gotten through with what I have though.
It's cool to at least see someone in here come up with a W once in a while. Congrats man.

@Mastralf thats just so weird they are prone to popping. Paranoid to wear mine
I'm honestly in the same boat. I actually really liked the 10's but its a catch 22. I want to keep the pairs but at the same time I want to wear them.

Do you guys know whether nike will do a voucher claim if you don't have the original box?

Can anyone explain to me how do I enter the drawing? I just downloaded snkrs app on my phone but how do I enter the drawing? Want to try my luck for kobe 11 FTB. Thanks.

Can anyone explain to me how do I enter the drawing? I just downloaded snkrs app on my phone but how do I enter the drawing? Want to try my luck for kobe 11 FTB. Thanks.

look for the shoe on the feed or search.. then click enter draw then put your password and payment then hit enter

But is it stitched? Like something that wont fall apart, etc
Never bought the LM jerseys so not sure, I was concerned that they're printed but the Lakers jerseys I got are all stitched

Threw them in the washer recently and surprisingly they're still intact :lol:  

:lol: I'll just hope for the best, I e-mailed them hoping I can switch my order to the white jersey instead, but I really don't care which one ends up showing up

Was hoping NDC would still have a FSR of the BHM and hit another discount for even lower price

Oh well

Congrats! 3/4 were the ones I really wanted but I'm also feeling the 8-11 so hopefully I can get one of those !

I'm not trying to rub in or anything just excited.

I'm really not sure at all. I haven't done anything special. I have only put in one entry for all of them just really lucky I guess. The 4's are really nice but am hoping for the 5's or the 9's. I am thankful to have gotten through with what I have though.

While, I can‘t speak for others, I have ventured into the Kobe line ever since the 1s and have always been a fan of the low cuts, specically the 4,5,6,& 8s. They were light, strong, flexible, and very responsive to me,

I eventually bought the Xs as my older models have all worn out, and found the Xs to be rather disappointing. The Xs lacked responsiveness by a large margin and felt heavier on feet. It was stable, but the sole was just too rigid.

Copped the BL XIs and was a lot more impressed by the insole and flyknit upper as it made the shoe more flexible when compared to the Xs.

In any event, I would say that the XIs are better than the Xs, but if you are hoping for something like the older low cuts, you won‘t get it.

The main thing is to try for yourself as I did. Those vids online are mostly videos to pump up the products.
This is why i'm still hesitant on the XI's.

Bought the 'em' and elite versions of the X and wasn't impressed.  Felt like a boat on my feet, too rigid and didn't have that '1 piece' transitional feeling where the upper and midsole worked in harmony.  

For me the gold standard for a normal sized guard (quick, agile not too heavy) is the Kobe 8 and 2K4 - only 2 shoes i've worn consistently for the past 12 years. 

I tried the XI on at store but the shoe was a little higher off the ground than expected which wasn't a deal breaker.  Then there were consistent reviews of the traction being a write off.  As a guard, you need to trust your shoe is going to stick, support lateral movements and not weigh an ounce.  

I'll probably try and cop a pair off a heavy discount and see how it goes - unfortunately i'd love to buy multiple colourways, but just can't fathom poor traction.

This is why i'm still hesitant on the XI's.

Bought the 'em' and elite versions of the X and wasn't impressed.  Felt like a boat on my feet, too rigid and didn't have that '1 piece' transitional feeling where the upper and midsole worked in harmony.  

For me the gold standard for a normal sized guard (quick, agile not too heavy) is the Kobe 8 and 2K4 - only 2 shoes i've worn consistently for the past 12 years. 

I tried the XI on at store but the shoe was a little higher off the ground than expected which wasn't a deal breaker.  Then there were consistent reviews of the traction being a write off.  As a guard, you need to trust your shoe is going to stick, support lateral movements and not weigh an ounce.  

I'll probably try and cop a pair off a heavy discount and see how it goes - unfortunately i'd love to buy multiple colourways, but just can't fathom poor traction.

You play indoor or outdoor more? In my experience, indoor courts are always gonna be slippery. No matter what.

I don‘t have the luxury, liberty for indoor courts, I play mostly outdoors.
I have yet to really push the XIs so I am unsure how it‘ll really perform in terms of traction.

My guess is that the soles need to be burned in like brake pads, maybe outdoors then indoors. I can see why the traction would suck,.sweeing as you‘re rubbing plastic on coated hardwood floors.

Back
Top Bottom