Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I want us all to stop buying, if we show Nike that we won't buy their shoes at those prices, then they have no choice but to lower prices. I haven't bought an adidas since the T mac 2, I have only bought Nike since about 2004. I bought one pair of UA anatomic spawns. an they aren't bad. You guys can beek off about my rant, but seriously, there needs to be a movement away from Nike in order to get the prices down, otherwise soon, we'll be paying 400$ a pair...... do you not see where this is going?
I get what your saying but I don't think people who by signature shoes are really looking for performance deals. I've personally tried to make an effort to stop spending over a couple hundred on one pair but I can't expect others to do the same. Why should I?

Other brands are starting to raise their prices to compete with Nike anyway.

Isn't Golliff the guy who Photoshopped a few Kobe concepts before? Not sure if I should trust anything he puts out there.

Major UA Clutchfit Drive proponent here, and UA/Adidas is nothing to laugh at. In the last few years I've bought and balled in Kobe 9's, Jordan XX9's, Lebron 11's, DS OG Jordan 11's; which all supposedly offered the "best" performance on court (skipped the Kobe 10', Lebron 12's + 13's due to weak performance reviews). Hate on UA/Adidas if you want but all these Nike sig lines are weak performance wise compared to UA's Clutchfit Drive and on par with Adidas' boost line. Since playing in my first pair of Cluthfits, I literally have bought another 10 pairs of clutchfits to ball in for the rest of my life and haven't picked up a pair of Nike basketball shoes in the last 18 months because of how average Nikes perform on court compared to UA's/Adidas. No Nike basketball shoe has ever made me go nuts to have something for life to play in. So if you're thinking Nike is the top performer in basketball sneakers, sorry but things have changed, and the quality just isn't there any more.

I guess some people need that swoosh placebo to play better...

I don't know how to make a difference other than to voice my opinion, and point out that something needs to be done about these shoe companies making shoes for 20$ and then selling them to us for 300$. How do we make Nike/Jordan change their prices other than boycott? It sucks too, cause my message here will only reach a handful of people, if I could speak to every shoe buyer, then perhaps we could change the game. I just saw the prices and lost my mind. I can't handle that fact that its common place for a shoe to cost over 300$ now, thats nuts!

The 8 in the old Laker jersey font and 24 on the back of the purple joints got me on board for those.

And Happy New Years to my West Coast and NT brethren.

Last edited:
Via Brett Golliff
Regardless if they release or not, those are smocking hot.
pimp.gif

Wasn't a big fan of the Kobe X elite colorways, although I did almost buy the chesters for $150 but they didn't have my size. These though, I'm digging.

Major UA Clutchfit Drive proponent here, and UA/Adidas is nothing to laugh at. In the last few years I've bought and balled in Kobe 9's, Jordan XX9's, Lebron 11's, DS OG Jordan 11's; which all supposedly offered the "best" performance on court (skipped the Kobe 10', Lebron 12's + 13's due to weak performance reviews). Hate on UA/Adidas if you want but all these Nike sig lines are weak performance wise compared to UA's Clutchfit Drive and on par with Adidas' boost line. Since playing in my first pair of Cluthfits, I literally have bought another 10 pairs of clutchfits to ball in for the rest of my life and haven't picked up a pair of Nike basketball shoes in the last 18 months because of how average Nikes perform on court compared to UA's/Adidas. No Nike basketball shoe has ever made me go nuts to have something for life to play in. So if you're thinking Nike is the top performer in basketball sneakers, sorry but things have changed, and the quality just isn't there any more.

I guess some people need that swoosh placebo to play better...

I'm not sure what brought on this response but......

I agree, the Clutchfit Drive 1's and the Curry 1's are great bball shoes. I have about 10 or 11 pairs of both combined. With that said, the Kobe 9's are a great basketball shoe and the Kobe 10's are a very good basketball shoe.

Gimme Easters and Bruce Lee's so far

1 Easter(if real)
2 Bruce Lee(if real)
3 Achilles
4 Purple
5 Black/White

^ I wonder if Kobe will just stick to 11s for the rest of the season, or if he goes back and forth if he wants the highs and wears 10s.

Long sleeve shirt is tough. May have to use that gift card I got. Wonder if they'd have them in stores as well

The way the 11's will absolutely destroy my wallet is if kobe wears a majority of the GR's this year

I'm not sure what brought on this response but......

I agree, the Clutchfit Drive 1's and the Curry 1's are great bball shoes. I have about 10 or 11 pairs of both combined. With that said, the Kobe 9's are a great basketball shoe and the Kobe 10's are a very good basketball shoe.

Someone on the prev page too blind to even consider Adidas or UA, I didn't quote them though. With that long rant on basketball performance though... I probably will cop the 11's if they perform better than the 9's. For casual kicks, the 11's are still pretty dope

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom