Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Same size

I like the 11s but I swap out the insoles for one with the heel zoom.
I tried the full zoom and I didn't like it that much

thanks for the feedback.

I'm pretty set on buying especially the price ends up being $88 shipped (wonder if they can add military discount on top), but just wanted reassurance.

hope there are more members who have experience in both shoes.

:wow:  Those are CLEAN! :nthat:  If I didn't already have enough shoes to hoop in, I'd totally hop on that iD. Then again, I've had pretty bad experience with the traction on the XIs on court. 

Wear em casually. Bro. Hell comfy and look great with cuffed pants

i was hoping to cop cloaks with this 25% code but people had to cop my size when the price dropped from 130 to 110. i hope they feel dumb right now lol. gotta patiently wait for other sites, who still has them for full price, to drop their prices. still trying to cop for under 100 :rolleyes

Mad cop bro. Brazil's are very rare. Where u find em?

Got them on eBay. Seller listed them for $285, talked him down to $250 and it was during he week of the flash sale on eBay and got $50 off that too. End up paying $200. It was a good deal. I have been keeping an eye for these. Only one I need now is the mother of all XI... FTB.

Last edited:
Sorry if posted already but how do these run? Looking for a pair to hoop in. I normally wear 10.5 but can do a 10 also. Tbanks

can someone who own (preferably play in) kobe 8 do a comparison with the kobe 11 EM ?

Kobe 8 has been one of my all time favorite shoes to play in and all my 6~7 pairs are close to being worn out.

since kobe 8 is more hard to find compare to kobe 11's, I'm thinking about making a switch but aren't sure about sizing and their performance on court.

I've seen many performance review videos (nightwing / solebrothers / etc) but like to get some of the NTers' feedback as well if possible.

traction and lightweight are 2 things I mainly look at when finding the right bball shoes since my main position is 1 or 2.

Haven't had a chance to stop by a store to see if they have an EM, but I remember trying on a pair of Elite about a year ago, felt little bulky and heavy.
With the sale on Nike (25MORE) I like the 'Barcelona' pair since it has a rubber sole for better traction (according to youtube reviews).

Do u have the 6s? These aren't as good as those.

For me the elites >>>> the em

The ems for me were too stiff and rip which is no bueno. I dont find the elites much heavier than the ems. They feel like a sock on my foot, very comfy. The heel in the elites feels nicer too.

The elites are my go to and I shelved my ems but most people disagree

eek.gif
 Those are CLEAN! 
nthat.gif
 If I didn't already have enough shoes to hoop in, I'd totally hop on that iD. Then again, I've had pretty bad experience with the traction on the XIs on court. 
~$150 for IDs? No brainer
nthat.gif

Do u have the 6s? These aren't as good as those.

For me the elites >>>> the em

The ems for me were too stiff and rip which is no bueno. I dont find the elites much heavier than the ems. They feel like a sock on my foot, very comfy. The heel in the elites feels nicer too.

The elites are my go to and I shelved my ems but most people disagree

i don't have the 6.

The lower merion EM looks to have upper with bigger holes on the EM compare to Barcelona pair, which looks to have tighter weave.

From what I remember, while the heel were nice and cushioned, it felt too bulky where i felt as my heel would slip out and also making the shoe feel bulky.
but then I've been only playing in Kobe 8s for years.

If the EMs weighs the same as the Elites with bigger/cushioned heel area, I'm not sure if i'll like the fit, hmm..

Still contemplating whether I should just pull the trigger on NDC (and return If I don't like) or go find an Elite pair I can try on first.

Thanks for the feedback anyhow.

[Update]

Tried on the EM (philippines) today, ($110 at the factory store) and noticed slight heel slippage with sz 8.5 (smallest pair they had and I wear sz 8.0 in Kobe 8s)

So ended up ordering the Barcelona pair sz 8.0 on NDC with 25% off (25MORE) and nike rep also allowed me to apply military discount on top.

The Philippines pair had translucent sole and with slight dust, I noticed significant traction loss. Hoping the solid rubber sole will perform better.

Can't wait to try these on court !!
although first impression, I'd pick Kobe 8 over 11 any day only if 8's more available.
Nike needs to put Kobe 8 on NikeiD permanently.

View media item 2379388

Last edited:
Man De'Aaron fox on Kentucky is making me wish I never got rid of my details. To clean

wore my XI Black space and X MC ID at the say day and XI felt more comfortable to me. filled out my survey and ready to cop my next XI with $10 off. now... $99 still on?

can someone who own (preferably play in) kobe 8 do a comparison with the kobe 11 EM ?

Kobe 8 has been one of my all time favorite shoes to play in and all my 6~7 pairs are close to being worn out.

since kobe 8 is more hard to find compare to kobe 11's, I'm thinking about making a switch but aren't sure about sizing and their performance on court.

I've seen many performance review videos (nightwing / solebrothers / etc) but like to get some of the NTers' feedback as well if possible.

traction and lightweight are 2 things I mainly look at when finding the right bball shoes since my main position is 1 or 2.

Haven't had a chance to stop by a store to see if they have an EM, but I remember trying on a pair of Elite about a year ago, felt little bulky and heavy.
With the sale on Nike (25MORE) I like the 'Barcelona' pair since it has a rubber sole for better traction (according to youtube reviews).
Xi elite is heavy and bulky than the 8 but has more padded in heel area. Traction is better iNn 8 imo

Last edited:
Had to grab a pair of the MC ID for $150 will full length zoom and 9 percent ebates I just had too 

Had to grab a pair of the MC ID for $150 will full length zoom and 9 percent ebates I just had too 
Man, I'm trying hard not to pull the trigger. I got too many kicks in my casual wear rotation already, and my experience with the XI hasn't been so good on court (translucent outsole though).

Last edited:
Ah I feel you, I just wear mine casually I am old school I only like to hoop in mids or high tops lol 

Agree. Wonder if the reguar soles have better grip on semi dusty courts?
The Lower Merion's (solid), Masters of Innovation (solid), Tinkers (solid) as well as the All-Stars (hybrid) have performed really well for me traction-wise. The Carpe Diems (translucent), Eulogys) are good on a clean court but performance decreases as the court gets dustier. Bruce Lee's (translucent) have had the worst traction for me.

The Lower Merion's (solid), Masters of Innovation (solid), Tinkers (solid) as well as the All-Stars (hybrid) have performed really well for me traction-wise. The Carpe Diems (translucent), Eulogys) are good on a clean court but performance decreases as the court gets dustier. Bruce Lee's (translucent) have had the worst traction for me.

repped for ballin in your Kobes! only Kobes i havent balled in is my X MC IDs. and put Black Space on that list when court is a lil dusty. looks like a vacuum out there.

repped for ballin in your Kobes! only Kobes i havent balled in is my X MC IDs. and put Black Space on that list when court is a lil dusty. looks like a vacuum out there.
I love hooping in my X MC IDs. That's why I was so disappointed with my XI Bruce Lees :frown:

Back
Top Bottom