Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

Jackson: Clippers Suffering From Bad Karma, Not Curse
Jan 16, 2010 9:00 AM EST

Lakers coach Phil Jackson doesn't believe there is such thing as a "Clippers Curse," but he does have an opinion about the team's struggles.

"I come from a generation that believed in karma," Jackson said before Friday's Lakers-Clippers game at Staples Center. "I do think there is karma in effect ultimately."

Jackson was firing at Clippers owner Donald Sterling, who agreed in November to pay $2.73 million to settle allegations that he refused to rent apartments to minorities.

"I can't claim anybody else's karma," Jackson said. "That's their own making, whatever it is.

"If you do a good mitzvah [a Jewish term for an act of kindness], maybe you can eliminate some of those things," Jackson continued. "You don't think Sterling's done enough mitzvahs to eliminate some of those?"

Via ESPN

sick.gif

Griffin Undergoes Successful Surgery
Jan 20, 2010 3:08 PM EST

Blake Griffin underwent successful surgery on his left knee Wednesday morning at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Center in Los Angeles.
The two-part procedure, specifically termed a left patellar fragment excision and a patellar tendon repair "couldn't have gone better" according to Dr. Neal ElAttrache who performed the surgery. Dr. ElAttrache was assisted by Dr. Steven Shimoyama, the Clippers' Team Physician. Dr. ElAttrache went on to say "the expectation is that Blake will undergo a sequential rehabilitation program that should have him back in action in four to six months."

Via NBA.com

25hofbk.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Griffin Undergoes Successful Surgery
Jan 20, 2010 3:08 PM EST

Blake Griffin underwent successful surgery on his left knee Wednesday morning at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Center in Los Angeles.
The two-part procedure, specifically termed a left patellar fragment excision and a patellar tendon repair "couldn't have gone better" according to Dr. Neal ElAttrache who performed the surgery. Dr. ElAttrache was assisted by Dr. Steven Shimoyama, the Clippers' Team Physician. Dr. ElAttrache went on to say "the expectation is that Blake will undergo a sequential rehabilitation program that should have him back in action in four to six months."

Via NBA.com

25hofbk.gif

Good to know the process is underway. Kerlan-Jobe is a good outfit too. My firm does some work for them from time to time. I think Blake was ingood hands. Still, considering his potential value to the franchise, I'm surprised they didn't send him to that James Andrews guy. He seems to get allof the really high profile injured athletes.

thought about heading to the game to day but the rain is coming down real hard now. traffic is gonna be a super @!*##

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

yeah LA traffic in the heavy rain is most def a female dawg
sick.gif
QFT. I'm only in Century City, but I could easily see it taking well over an hour to get from Staples from here tonight. Good thing I'mgoing to watch the game from the comfort of my home, which is only 3 miles away.

Good win tonight. Probably harder than it should have been, but Baron stepped up and locked the W down. We need this one with the road trip ahead.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

there were a lot of bulls fans in the stands today (from the sounds of the crowd)
yeah there was quite a few bulls fans in the crowd. Even my homegirl I went with was a bulls fan.
pimp.gif
@ the W.

eek.gif
@ dude hitting that shot at halftime. I was over in 106 (facing his back) and as soon as dude let it go I could tell it was going in.

Traffic was a b, driving to my homegirl house in buenapark from long beach on the 91. But the 5 from buena to the staples was a straight shot. She was weavingthough in her bmw.
laugh.gif

Kaman: Gasol Shouldn't Be An All-Star

Jan 22, 2010 8:22 AM EST
Clippers center Chris Kaman doesn't think Lakers forward Pau Gasol deserves to be in next month's All-Star Game.

"I don't think Gasol should be in it at all," Kaman said when asked if he would be disappointed if Gasol is moved over to backup center when West coaches vote for All-Star reserves. "He's only played like 20 games (he played Thursday in his 25th out of 42 Lakers games) this year. I think there should be a number of games you should play. I think you should have to play like 80 percent of the games.

"It shouldn't be 50 percent (of games a player has logged) over a guy who plays 90 percent and who has better numbers. Not just me. Zach Randolph, a power forward, he has better numbers (than Gasol). But he's not on the Lakers."

Gasol is averaging 16.8 points and 11.1 rebounds to 20.4 points and 9.2 rebounds for Kaman, who has played in 38 of 42 games.

"I don't think he's a center," said Kaman, who added that he also thinks he's more deserving of an All-Star selection that Lakers center Andrew Bynum.

Via FanHouse

devil.gif
25hofbk.gif

I can't believe we lost to the Nets and T'Wolves back to back
smh.gif

I'm hoping we can get to at least 35 wins still.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/breakingnews100204.html

For Immediate Release

Clippers Announce Coaching Change

Thursday, February 4, 2010 - 3:30 pm (PT)

The Los Angeles Clippers today announced that Head Coach and General Manager Mike Dunleavy will step away from his day to day coaching responsibilities and focus exclusively on the team’s personnel matters. The decision was reached mutually during a meeting at the team’s Playa Vista Training Center earlier today. In attendance at that meeting were Clippers’ President Andy Roeser, Dunleavy and Assistant General Manager Neil Olshey, who will continue in his role as Dunleavy’s top aide in Basketball Operations.
Current Clippers’ Assistant Coach Kim Hughes will immediately assume the role of Interim Head Coach, and will retain the position through the remainder of the ’09-’10 season.

95u3ih_th.gif

i was honestly in disbelief when my friend told me...

Let's End The Season Right...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Almost as happy as the day we clinched the 2nd round of the playoffs. Hope this leads to more of that.

Anyone think we'll turn into a more up-tempo team? We def have the players to do it.  

^We DEF should man...Our offense looks so good when BD is just free and running it and improvising on the fly. Dunleavy would always try to slow it down and force feed it to Kaman and as well as he's played all season, the guy makes some of the worst decisions with the ball ever, and he settles and clanks a lot of jumpers. I say we do a good amount of running and when it's not there, then dump it down to Kaman to try to get some half court offense. We could be so dangerous and exciting.

Back
Top Bottom