Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/breakingnews100309.html

The following is a statement from the Los Angeles Clippers:

The Los Angeles Clippers and General Manager Mike Dunleavy today have severed ties. Dunleavy previously also served as the team’s head coach from 2003-04 until February 4, 2010, when he resigned as head coach.

The organization has determined that the goal of building a winning team is best served by making this decision at this time. The team has simply not made sufficient progress during Dunleavy’s seven-year tenure. The Clippers want to win now. This transition, in conjunction with a full commitment to dedicate unlimited resources, is designed to accomplish that objective.

Neil Olshey, presently the Clippers’ Assistant General Manager, will assume the duties created by Dunleavy’s departure. He joined the organization as Director of Player Development for the 2003-04 season. He served as an Assistant Coach in 2004-05, and was elevated to the position of Director of Player Personnel from 2005-06 through 2007-08. He assumed the role of Assistant General Manager prior to the start of the 2008-09 season.

Olshey has played an important role in the completion of several significant team transactions, including the deals which brought Marcus Camby, Craig Smith, Rasual Butler, Steve Blake, Travis Outlaw, and Drew Gooden to the Clippers, among others. He also played a integral part in administering all preparation for the Clippers’ last four NBA Drafts, which produced Al Thornton, Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan, and last year’s #1 overall pick, Blake Griffin.

95u3ih_th.gif

"With the moves they made at the trade deadline, the Clippers will now be far enough under the salary cap to sign a max-salary free agent this summer.

And with Baron Davis and Eric Gordon holding down the backcourt, and Chris Kaman and Blake Griffin up front, the Clippers have an opening for a swingman at the three.

So who are some potential targets?

Well, LeBron James is the obvious top choice, but it might also be the most unrealistic one. From there, Rudy Gay could be another potential get. A max contract might be a little much to give Gay, but if the Clips give him enough, it's unlikely the Grizzlies match the number, as Gay is a restricted free agent this summer.

Beyond these two, things get a little bit more murky. Guys like Joe Johnson and Dwyane Wade could be available, but they might not fit as well into the lineup.

Also, don't forget: Marcus Camby, whom the team traded to the Blazers at the deadline, will be available in free agency, and he could make a return trip to the Clippers."

via espn insider

I really don't want to sign Gay or Joe Johnson to a max deal. I just don't feel that they will bring us a championship or anywhere near one. If we didn't have EG i would say we should go after Dwade but idk. Honestly the only good fit is Lebron imo. Hopedully im wrong and we can sign someone else who brings us out of the cellar.

I have no idea what's going on with this team now.  I'm hearing that we may try to bring in Larry Brown next year?

As far as this off-season, I see us striking out on bringing in Lebron, Wade or even Joe Johnson. I just can't see Lebron or Wade leaving their respective teams
ohwell.gif

I see us overpaying for Rudy Gay as a desperation move with hopes that Memphis doesn't match.  Either way, it's crazy how I always seem to be more excited for the off-season than the actual season
laugh.gif
.  We'll see what happens. 

It's going to be one interesting off-season, I'm anxious to see how everything plays out.

I wouldn't mind bringing Gay in either, but i definitely don't want to OVERPAY him. He's great, but not a max contract player.

For me, this is the order of priority:

1. King James
2. Joe Johnson
3. Rudy Gay

if we can't land one of these three, lets just keep some space open and bring in MELO in 2011.

We won!!!!!

I honestly didn't even know it was 8 games till the last game we lost. I just knew i hadn't seen us win in forever
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I really, really, really, really, don't wanna sing Gay.

I hope if we do sign him im wrong but i feel like he will do NOTHING for us as far as making us a legit playoff contender. Then again maybe he and Griffin could change our fortunes around but I'm tired of getting my hopes crushed so i'll take it one day at a time.
laugh.gif

http://my.journaltimes.co..._good_fit_for_bucks.html
Gooden believes he'd be good fit for Bucks
Posted by: gwoelfel on March 30, 2010 at 10:50PM CST
GERY WOELFEL

It’s hardly a secret the Milwaukee Bucks have had their eyes on Drew Gooden.

Now, it appears the feeling is reciprocal.

Gooden popped up on the Bucks’ radar screen last summer during the free agency period. The Bucks courted the veteran power forward and were, according to Gooden, “close’’ to acquiring his services.

But Gooden instead opted to sign with the Dallas Mavericks because Gooden felt “it was a better fit for me at the time.’’

The Bucks continued their pursuit of Gooden last month prior to the Feb. 18 trading deadline, hoping to shore up one of the weakest positions on their team.

But the Bucks couldn’t land Gooden, who wound up with the lottery-bound Los Angeles Clippers.

In all likelihood, the Bucks will make yet another play for Gooden this summer. That‘s when the 28-year-old Gooden becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

While Bucks officials are prohibited from commenting on players under contract, nothing prevents impending free agents from discussing their future plans.

Tuesday night, before the Clippers played the Bucks at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Gooden spoke about his future and made it abundantly clear he wouldn’t mind the Bucks being a part of it.

“No question at all,’’ Gooden said. “I’d definitely have interest in coming here. They’re an up-and-coming team. They’re a team that has shown great improvement over the last year.’’

Gooden, who is averaging 10.6 points and 7.8 rebounds a game this season, said he’s had a good rapport with Bucks coach Scott Skiles, dating to several years ago when the latter was coaching the Chicago Bulls.

Gooden also believes he would fit in nicely with two of the Bucks’ main players.

“Andrew Bogut has become a really good center; he’s legitimate,’’ Gooden said. “And Brandon Jennings is on his way to becoming a great point guard. The potential of that team is very high.

“If the stars and moon line up right, I might be a Milwaukee Buck this summer.’’

Good now we can focus on bringing back Rhino, Sool, Outlaw and Camby(maybe) this offseason.

I REALLY like Rhino (pause) dude brings it every night. If he could work on his 10 footer and post game a litte in the off season and stop setting illegal picks he can be a nice role player on the team.

i'm scared we're gonna give Gay or JJ big money this offseason. i just wanna make the playoffs again
laugh.gif

went to the game last night against the Knicks, got some free VIP seats, it was a very entertaining high tempo game typical knicks basketball, we had a chance to win the game but i'm not really sure about Hughes rotation, i'm not a coach or anything but i thought he could have used some players like outlaw as well..it was a no bearing game for both team anyways

I doubt LBJ is a possibility but you never know what happens.

On a side note, Blake Griffin is 100% healthy and working out with no restrictions.
pimp.gif

I doubt LBJ is a possibility but you never know what happens.

On a side note, Blake Griffin is 100% healthy and working out with no restrictions.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom