OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--We beat them by 1 at the Garden.
--They beat us by 1 at Staples. Kobe didnt play that game though.
--For the sake of argument though...if we see Boston in the Finals again...I say 4-2 in favor of Boston. With us winning games 1 and 4. Boston taking games 2,3,5 and 6.
the year they beat us two years ago it was because of Powe, House. PJ Brown, and Posey.  These were the players that the Lakers could not control.  Bostons bench is much weaker this year than it was two years ago.  Plus the Lakers always, i mean ALWAYS play well when they are being challenged by a bully.  They learned their lesson two years ago.  Artest is going to be a nightmare for Pierce, while Kobe will hound Rondo like he did in the two regular season games last year.  Fisher always plays well against Ray Allens running around in circles offense.  Plus Pau is a lot tougher this year and Bynum will basically neutralize Perkins.

THe biggest thing we got this year that we didnt two years ago is revenge and Artests defensive tenacity.  Youll see soon enough.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

--For the sake of argument though...if we see Boston in the Finals again...I say 4-2 in favor of Boston. With us winning games 1 and 4. Boston taking games 2,3,5 and 6.
I better not see you at the parade...
mad.gif
exactly.  Keep that negativity to yourself.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

the year they beat us two years ago it was because of Powe, House. PJ Brown, and Posey.  These were the players that the Lakers could not control.  Bostons bench is much weaker this year than it was two years ago.  Plus the Lakers always, i mean ALWAYS play well when they are being challenged by a bully.  They learned their lesson two years ago.  Artest is going to be a nightmare for Pierce, while Kobe will hound Rondo like he did in the two regular season games last year.  Fisher always plays well against Ray Allens running around in circles offense.  Plus Pau is a lot tougher this year and Bynum will basically neutralize Perkins.

THe biggest thing we got this year that we didnt two years ago is revenge and Artests defensive tenacity.  Youll see soon enough.

you gotta remember that in 2008 that Lakers team overachieved that year. Even after getting Gasol and Ariza that year I thought they would make the Conference Finals at best. Aside from Kobe and Fisher, the rest of that team was really young and inexpierenced and the finals was something new to them. In the 2 years since, Boston lost alot of those role player guys who were big in their finals run in 2008, also while rondo and the line stepper have improved, pierce, garnett, ray allen, and rasheed have gotten older and have regressed. I'm real confident the Lakers would get the job done this year against Boston If/When they beat Phoenix.  Key word is if because anything can happen in games 3 and 4.

This Lakers team has finals experience from guys not named Kobe and Fisher now, their the defending champs, they have an enforcer in Artest. and they won't get bullied around like they did in 2008. Beating the Celtics 4 times would be tough but it would be even tougher for them to beat the Lakers 4 times as well. The potential series reminds me of a much more important version of the 2001 western conference finals. The Lakers and Spurs were the last 2 defending champs and the embarassing sweep at the hands of the Spurs in 1999 was still fresh in the Lakers heads, alot of people were saying the Lakers wouldn't have won in 2000 if Tim Duncan never got hurt and the Lakers went out and shut everyone up in that series. This has the potential to be a similar situation with hopefully a similar result.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

you gotta remember that in 2008 that Lakers team overachieved that year. Even after getting Gasol and Ariza that year I thought they would make the Conference Finals at best. Aside from Kobe and Fisher, the rest of that team was really young and inexpierenced and the finals was something new to them. In the 2 years since, Boston lost alot of those role player guys who were big in their finals run in 2008, also while rondo and the line stepper have improved, pierce, garnett, ray allen, and rasheed have gotten older and have regressed. I'm real confident the Lakers would get the job done this year against Boston If/When they beat Phoenix.  Key word is if because anything can happen in games 3 and 4.

This Lakers team has finals experience from guys not named Kobe and Fisher now, their the defending champs, they have an enforcer in Artest. and they won't get bullied around like they did in 2008. Beating the Celtics 4 times would be tough but it would be even tougher for them to beat the Lakers 4 times as well. The potential series reminds me of a much more important version of the 2001 western conference finals. The Lakers and Spurs were the last 2 defending champs and the embarassing sweep at the hands of the Spurs in 1999 was still fresh in the Lakers heads, alot of people were saying the Lakers wouldn't have won in 2000 if Tim Duncan never got hurt and the Lakers went out and shut everyone up in that series. This has the potential to be a similar situation with hopefully a similar result.
Hopefully man, hopefully!!

also, one thing we both forgot was HOME COURT ADVANTAGE.

mad.gif
 hes always had that negativity about the lakers..
laugh.gif

Hopefully man, hopefully!!

also, one thing we both forgot was HOME COURT ADVANTAGE.

truthfully i don't think home court will be a factor either way.  i would love for the Lakers to just keep winning all their home playoff games because if they do that, they'll win the title no matter what,  but both teams are capable of winning in the other teams building imo. seriously though im tired of the waiting already, lets get game 3 started already, beat the Suns in 4,5,6, or 7 whatever it takes and get this damn finals started already. im tired of waiting.

Man this year is especially stressful for me. Each loss hurts so much more. I think its because I had more time to follow each game throughout the season. But also because I hate Boston so much.

Anyone else feel this way this year?

let see if we can be the only team in history to win championship at every end and begin of a millenium. We won in 99-00 and it would be sweet if we can win 2009-2010 as well. Go Lakers

pimp.gif
QFT

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

mad.gif
 hes always had that negativity about the lakers..
laugh.gif

This is the year the LA gets revenge on PHX and Boston
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

The way the Lakers are playing defense has to be of some concern to the Lakers staff and us fans. The Suns are shooting ~49% from the field and scoring 100+ points in 2 games (gave up 90 points through 3 qtrs in game 2
smh.gif
). Thats not getting it done. Theyre basically just out scoring the Suns.

I know the team is winning and all, but they cant have this kind of defensive mentality if they were to face the Celtics. They'll pick us apart.

I really want to see the Lakers SHUT DOWN the Suns offense the next 2 games. Hold them below 95 points/<45% FG.

They aren't going to shut down the Suns, they are just too talented offensively and are going to hit shots. Their role players should play better at home. All the games are going to be at this pace.  We just need to weather the early storm that is sure to come on Sunday and try to bury these guys in Game 3. Just keep doing what we're doing, punish those midgets inside and we'll be fine.
After giving it some thought, youre right. I looked back at the Suns-Spurs series of years past (2005 and 2007) and the Suns still scored in the 100s against a defensive minded Spurs. The Spurs still put a beat down on them and rolled on their way to a championship.

That Suns team and this years Suns are pretty similar too.

I still think the Lakers are capable of shutting them down, but if they can still win playing at the Suns pace then Im all for it. I just hope the Lakers dont forget how to play with intensity and physicality.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

The way the Lakers are playing defense has to be of some concern to the Lakers staff and us fans. The Suns are shooting ~49% from the field and scoring 100+ points in 2 games (gave up 90 points through 3 qtrs in game 2
smh.gif
). Thats not getting it done. Theyre basically just out scoring the Suns.

I know the team is winning and all, but they cant have this kind of defensive mentality if they were to face the Celtics. They'll pick us apart.

I really want to see the Lakers SHUT DOWN the Suns offense the next 2 games. Hold them below 95 points/<45% FG.

They aren't going to shut down the Suns, they are just too talented offensively and are going to hit shots. Their role players should play better at home. All the games are going to be at this pace.  We just need to weather the early storm that is sure to come on Sunday and try to bury these guys in Game 3. Just keep doing what we're doing, punish those midgets inside and we'll be fine.
After giving it some thought, youre right. I looked back at the Suns-Spurs series of years past (2005 and 2007) and the Suns still scored in the 100s against a defensive minded Spurs. The Spurs still put a beat down on them and rolled on their way to a championship.

That Suns team and this years Suns are pretty similar too.

I still think the Lakers are capable of shutting them down, but if they can still win playing at the Suns pace then Im all for it. I just hope the Lakers dont forget how to play with intensity and physicality.
In the years past the biggest thing about the Lakers was "which team will show up?"  and I know its easy to get anxious about the Lakers "forgetting" how to play with intensity and physicality and rightfully so, but because their opponent is going to be Boston, I dont think we will have to fear the Lakers not playing with intensitiy and toughness.  Especially considering how the Lakers did against them in 2008.  I feel like that was the biggest wake up call.  Lakers have taken 3 of 4 since then playing Celtics type ball.  Now they go Artest to further enforce that toughness.

the year they beat us two years ago it was because of Powe, House. PJ Brown, and Posey.  These were the players that the Lakers could not control.  Bostons bench is much weaker this year than it was two years ago.
Have you watched Celtics games? Most are calling the Celtics bench better than two years ago, Sheed, Tony and Baby are playing much better than Powe, Brown and House were. And certainly, seeing Perkins and KG push your soft bigs around can hardly be overlooked.

See you in the finals.

I think if we get by the Suns and the Celtics get by the Magic, we'll sweep the Celtics, winning each game by an average of 38.

Can I come to the parade now?
happy.gif

laugh.gif
I hate seeing people get flak for thinking their team will lose. Listen, if you think the other team is better, that doesn't revoke your fan card. If you think the other team is better and you're becoming a fan of other team, well, then... yeah, your fan card is revoked.
laugh.gif

THe lakers are the team this year This is Kobes World of BAskettball. THe lakers just have it all right now....almost. They have to have the best bench in the NBA and they have heavy hitter everywhere. I wouldnt put to many chips on Andrew, DUDES WEAK if anything he'll be our down fall.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I think if we get by the Suns and the Celtics get by the Magic, we'll sweep the Celtics, winning each game by an average of 38.

Can I come to the parade now?
happy.gif

laugh.gif
I hate seeing people get flak for thinking their team will lose. Listen, if you think the other team is better, that doesn't revoke your fan card. If you think the other team is better and you're becoming a fan of other team, well, then... yeah, your fan card is revoked.
laugh.gif
I disagree in this case. This is Boston. It's not Detroit, it's not the Magic, It's the *!+%$@% Celtics. It's a nemesis situation. I can't give credit to that franchise until the final buzzer sounds in the series and they pulled out 4 W's against us.

It's one thing to say "I don't think we can win". It's another to lay out "for the record" what games they're going to beat us down in. So much hate on NT gets directed at cats who blindly pull for their teams and when a loss occurs the pyramid quoting begins.

So if someone is going to have such blatant negativity in the official team thread, then WHEN the celebration begins be prepared to get called out for your lack of faith just like everyone else on NT gets called out for their overconfidence.

^ Nah, I see your point. I just disagree with it, as you disagree with mine. Just an 'agree to disagree' situation.

I don't care if it's the Celtics or who it is; if a fan thinks thee other team is better, I don't see a problem with that. Now, I can see the point made by someone else who said 'Keep that negativity out of here'. I mean, like you said, this is the official team thread. I can see that point.

But the point 'If you're a fan of a team, you must believe they will win every game, going undefeated is every game, every year, forever'? Nah, I can't see that, regardless of who we're playing.

Yo......

Everyone calm the hell down.  Focus on the lame @#$ Suns and ruining Zo's life

THEN

Worry about next round. 

Get yer minds right.  NOW. 

Originally Posted by finnns2003

the year they beat us two years ago it was because of Powe, House. PJ Brown, and Posey.  These were the players that the Lakers could not control.  Bostons bench is much weaker this year than it was two years ago.
Have you watched Celtics games? Most are calling the Celtics bench better than two years ago, Sheed, Tony and Baby are playing much better than Powe, Brown and House were. And certainly, seeing Perkins and KG push your soft bigs around can hardly be overlooked.

See you in the finals.
only the result of the finals will mean anything so there is no point arguing over whos bench is better.  see you in the finals.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Yo......

Everyone calm the hell down.  Focus on the lame @#$ Suns and ruining Zo's life

THEN

Worry about next round. 

Get yer minds right.  NOW. 

And this is why.....................

smh.gif

Welp, i gave the Suns one game before the series started. hopefully they come to play Tuesday and close it out at Staples

Lakeshow still got this in 5.

LO or Bynum have to play better, we can survive with one of them being a non-factor, but both, it just negates our biggest advantage.

--Wow. What did I start?! Hahaha
--Negativity is just a form of defense mechanism homes. But being a realist > being delusional.
--Last year against the Magic I had no doubt we can take it. Hell, I was hoping for a sweep.

You take away the turnovers and we win this game.

The zone yeah it bothered us but its something we will over come.

Got the next game!

Back
Top Bottom