[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by AG 47

may I remind you that we barely freken won Game 7 last year.

I know we won. So what's the problem?

wait are you serious? did you really just strike my words to change the context of what I was saying? then ask me what the problem is?
roll.gif

lmfao this is the probably the lamest attempt in the history of NT to be a smart@$$!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

YOU FAIL a billions times over
eyes.gif

why dont you come at me with something intelligent if you have a problem with what I said instead of making yourself look foolish.

Originally Posted by Nermindee

Originally Posted by AG 47

may I remind you that we barely freken won Game 7 last year.

I know we won. So what's the problem?

wait are you serious? did you really just strike my words to change the context of what I was saying? then ask me what the problem is?
roll.gif

lmfao this is the probably the lamest attempt in the history of NT to be a smart@$$!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

YOU FAIL a billions times over
eyes.gif

why dont you come at me with something intelligent if you have a problem with what I said instead of making yourself look foolish.

Did we or did we not win game 7? Who cares if "we barely freken" won? We had to win by 20 plus for it to count now? Where does it say that?

I know Artest is really crappy right now, but in the playoffs he ill become valuable, i hope
frown.gif

Only person i want to see moved is Puke and maybe Shannon.

Originally Posted by Freeze

ron/shannon/luke and fish and a draft pick for melo...and chauncey, leeeeeeegoooooo.

I'm glad mitch and phil think something needs to be done, as I do.  That's alpha mentality. things aint goin right....shake %!$$ up.  Good thing CP aint in charge, son would just let the team implode on itself because 'they always play like %!$$ during the season, they'll be fine'....oh but wait...after december first of the last 2 years, the Lakers haven't held any placement in the west lower than #1...hmmm.  You guys are so naive. Comparing this season to past seasons is silly and a waste of time as they're not cumulative. Just because we can just turn 'it' on, does not mean we will.  Hell, just because we could, does not mean we still can.  Being a faithful fan, and being realistic seems to be a lost concept.  Last week I was heated about the Logo's comments regarding the team...I'm starting to see what he saw.

EXACTLY. A week ago you was happy about the team and then pissed about West speakin out. Now after two bad games you want to trade guys away. Lol. That's called not having a @#$%&* clue about what you're seeing. If we win the next two you gonna be on some "I knew we'd get right real fast" type tip. Mitch is putting that out there to motivate them, just as Jerry would. We thirty Mil over the cap. Nobody giving us useful players for Luke @#$%&* Walton. Nobody gonna want to help us win more titles by taking our garbage. Like I said, ya'll stick with the panic, show those true colors. Falling apart after some January losses, no wonder Laker fans get a bad rap. SMDH. Buncha Chris Boshes in here.

Originally Posted by CP1708

ron/shannon/luke and fish and a draft pick for melo...and chauncey, leeeeeeegoooooo.

I'm glad mitch and phil think something needs to be done, as I do.  That's alpha mentality. things aint goin right....shake %!$$ up.  Good thing CP aint in charge, son would just let the team implode on itself because 'they always play like %!$$ during the season, they'll be fine'....oh but wait...after december first of the last 2 years, the Lakers haven't held any placement in the west lower than #1...hmmm.  You guys are so naive. Comparing this season to past seasons is silly and a waste of time as they're not cumulative. Just because we can just turn 'it' on, does not mean we will.  Hell, just because we could, does not mean we still can.  Being a faithful fan, and being realistic seems to be a lost concept.  Last week I was heated about the Logo's comments regarding the team...I'm starting to see what he saw.

EXACTLY. A week ago you was happy about the team and then pissed about West speakin out. Now after two bad games you want to trade guys away. Lol. That's called not having a @#$%&* clue about what you're seeing. If we win the next two you gonna be on some "I knew we'd get right real fast" type tip. Mitch is putting that out there to motivate them, just as Jerry would. We thirty Mil over the cap. Nobody giving us useful players for Luke @#$%&* Walton. Nobody gonna want to help us win more titles by taking our garbage. Like I said, ya'll stick with the panic, show those true colors. Falling apart after some January losses, no wonder Laker fans get a bad rap. SMDH. Buncha Chris Boshes in here.
laugh.gif

Don't worry there are a lot of Knick fans like this in the Knicks thread too.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

exactly we would have never survived the 1st round last year if it wasnt for Ron

Kevin Durant
[table][tr][td]
stats_header_rt.gif
[/td][td]
Career Playoff Averages
[/td][td]
stats_header_lft.gif
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]MPG[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]3P%[/td][td]FT%[/td][td]OFF[/td][td]DEF[/td][td]RPG[/td][td]APG[/td][td]SPG[/td][td]BPG[/td][td]TO[/td][td]PF[/td][td]PPG[/td][/tr][tr][td]09-10[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]38.5[/td][td]0.350[/td][td]0.286[/td][td]0.871[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]6.3[/td][td]7.7[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]3.67[/td][td]2.83[/td][td]25.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Career[/td][td]--[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]38.5[/td][td]0.350[/td][td]0.286[/td][td]0.871[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]6.3[/td][td]7.7[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]3.67[/td][td]2.83[/td][td]25.0[/td][/tr][/table]

Yo..You can't go around posting those stats. Durant fans act like it never happened.
laugh.gif

35% FG
sick.gif
. Freethrows are the only reason he averaged 25 a game.

As for the trades, if they don't get their %#+$ together someone will be gone before the All-Star break. As for now, I think it's just to spice things up a bit, get the players to play alot harder realizing that they're getting pair millions to perform not to sit back and relax.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Man, no one looks back on any championship team whether its us, the Bulls, or the Spurs and says "Oh yeah remember that regular season game when they played <insert team here> and they got blown out by 20?"

Playoffs are the only thing that matter. That being said, someone needs to call Pau out so he can't wake up before they start.

28lcb5j.jpg

This pic says a lot.  I watched this game and as Pau was getting abused by Lopez he finds ways to get hit in the face or somehow hurt trying to draw fouls.

Typin on my phone last night, I couldn't point out all the BS in these points you made. 

You bein sad we aren't in the 1 seed right now is funny, given that we are the TWO seed. 
laugh.gif
  What a huge dropoff we've had.  How do we go on as an organization? 
ohwell.gif
roll.gif

And I'll try to type slow so you can understand, even if we beat the Celtics, beat the Kings, beat the Heat on Christmas, and hell, beat the Spurs in their joint, WE STILL WOULD BE SECOND IN THE WEST RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do you get that?  We aren't in second because we suck, we are in second because the Spurs are playing balls out from opening day thru now.  They are going all in this year to get it done.  They are going to attempt to play this high level for 9 solid months.  Something that will catch up to them when the intensity picks up.  Regardless, that's why we're in second.  Last year we had 11 losses on this date.  We'd still be in second this year.  The year before that we had 9 losses at this point.  We'd still be in second.  The year before that we had 16 losses.  We'd be in third place in that case. 

The point is, the Spurs are playing every game as if it's their last to the tune of a shot at 70.  Do you as a basketball fan think that will work well for them in April-May- and June?  I sure don't.  But THAT is why we are currently second in the West, not because of anything we're doing wrong.  Phil is 100% trying to navigate the season to get us into the postseason healthy with as much gas in the tank as possible.  Why do you think Kobe is playing 33 minutes a game?  Why do you think they work Bynum only 25 or so a game?  There is ONE Laker playing above 33 minutes a night.  ONE.  Pau, and why was that?  Because Bynum was hurt to start the year, and then Theo got hurt as well.  We had no other centers.  Otherwise, I suspect Pau would be at 33-34 minutes a night too.  You think Phil does that just to screw with them and not let them play enough? 
laugh.gif
  It's a plan.  A plan by a guy with eleven @#$%^& rings. 

No matter what it is that you clamor for, or any other foolish Laker fan that doesn't grasp the big picture, the Lakers are where they need to be.  Will they get the one seed?  No.  Does that matter?  No.  You don't think the Lakers have the ability to go into another building and steal a win and get HC right back?  We've played 12 playoff series the last 3 years, only one of those didn't have a road win in it.  08 Finals.  Our first year back in the finals.  The first for Pau.  Lamar.  With Vlad Rad as a starter.  Luke Walton backin him up.  Young Farmar.  Young Sasha.  No Bynum, no Ariza.  Now we have better peices.  Now we have the experience and know how to get it done.  Will we fall short?  Maybe, it's certainly possible.  Is it because we suck and are a bunch of bums?  No.  Could it be because we've played about a hundred games more then anyone else the last 3 years?  Yup, you betcha. 

But I'm not being "realistic" in these views, right? 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ron, Shannon, Luke, Fish, and draft picks for Melo and CB...........so realistic that is.  SO realistic.  Let's see, that would be an extra 18 million dollars a year, FOR BILLUPS ALONE.  (9 mil extra in salary, plus 9 more mil in luxury taxes)  AND THEN, Melo's contract.  Our payroll would be of Yankee proportions.  And still, we'd be no guarantee to win.  And btw, why the @#$% would the Nuggets want to help us out again? 

Realism. 

Yeah. 

I'm glad for what Artest has done in the playoffs, but I really thought he would have done more on the defensive side now that he has absolutely no offensive responsibilities.

to me it just looks like the players are conserving energy for the playoffs
not running hard, not playing hard defensively, not contesting shots agressively, etc

it seems like they know that after 3 straight finals they need to be smart about how much energy and effort they expend during the regular season

that's what it looks like to me. I have trust that this team can win the West without HCA, but beating BOS or MIA is another thing. that's why what they're doing is dangerous.

Let's hope that this article stops all the stupid trade ideas that get thrown around. 

With Lakers underperforming, GM Mitch Kupchak says he "may have to look into a trade."

The Lakers are 1-5 against top echelon teams. Phil Jackson couldn't care less. Kobe Bryant is beyond angry. And General Manager Mitch Kupchak? He's talking T-word. Trade. From the Los Angeles Times:

"Yes . . . I may have to look into a trade, but I'm not saying we have "talked to other teams yet, Kupchak said. "We have not been playing up to our level and I dont know why. Maybe its complacency. Im not sure."
via Lakershttp://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...akers+(Lakers+Blog)&utm_content=Google+Reader GM Mitch Kupchak says hes thought about making a trade - latimes.com.

A trade? By the defending champs? Could this be happening? Even with the measured and cautious words being tossed around by Kupchak, that's a pretty stunning development even if the Lakers are simply considering a trade. This is a team that has looked every bit like a Finals contender, unless they've been facing an elite team this year. It's also a team that's notorious for not taking teams seriously, having gone seven games with a Yao-less Rockets squad in 2009, having a terrible second half last year, and letting the Suns push them in the Western Conference Finals using a zone, for crying out loud. You have to think this is just an emotional quote from Kupchak revealing a frustration with the team's play, or at least a Jackson-like motivational tactic.

Even stranger than the idea of the Lakers needing to make a trade is the idea of what trade they would be able to make. Every Laker of consequence with any value, contract or skill-wise, has at least two more years left on their deals. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol are obviously not even in this discussion. So what are the next options?
  • Lamar Odom- Trade Status: Obscenely unlikely. Odom is the quintessential heart and soul of this club. He's found a home there and has flourished when his head is plugged in. What's more, he's part of the reason for the Lakers' absurd length advantage. When Odom is on, the Lakers are nearly unstoppable. Moving him would garner the best set of assets, but who could they get for him, with nearly $9 million on the books for next season, even with his 2013 salary non-guaranteed at $8.2 million?
  • Andrew Bynum- Trade Status: Pretty unlikely. Bynum has been involved in trade rumors for years due to his inconsistency, rehab work ethic, and injuries. Yet it was his toughness fighting through the Finals last spring on a torn ligament that helped assure the Lakers a title. He's now considered an invaluable part of the offense, and his improving defense, combined with his willingness to give a hard foul, means he's the backbone of what has been a very soft Lakers interior lately. Combine that with the difficulty of getting teams to invest in someone with his injury history, and the near-$15 million on the books for next year and a team option for over $16 million the next, and it's hard to see a suitor for Bynum that would keep the Lakers in contention.
  • Ron Artest- Trade Status: Difficult: From zero to hero to zero again. Artest struggled all last year trying to learn the Triangle, was terrible at times in the playoffs, then hit the biggest hot of his career to help clinch a title for the Lakers (as well as a tip-in in the Western Conference Finals) and was everyone's hero. This year? Back to the doghouse. If anyone's to be moved, it's probably Artest, but that says more about where Ron's sunk to rather than where his value is at. Getting anything for someone who's been such a pain for so many teams with over $21 million left on his contract after this year is difficult. When it's Ron Artest? Even harder.
  • Luke Walton- Trade Status: Ha-ha-ha-ha: Yes, because I'm sure that what GMs with a valuable commodity are thinking is "Oh, we can get the 28th pick in the draft and Luke Walton with over $11 million left on his contract over the next two years? Who wouldn't do that deal?" Walton's contract is slowly reaching movable status after an ill-advised extension, but he's a long ways away from upgrade-bait.
  • Steve Blake- Trade Status- Limited: Blake's got three years after this one for a combined roughly $14 million, is a serviceable point guard, and fits easy into a rotation. So he's got some value. But in terms of trying to get a major upgrade, he'd have to be packaged with one of the above candidates in order for it to make any sense. He can act as icing on the cake, but even then, having three years left on his deal may make it a little too sweet for most.
  • Derek Fisher - Trade Status: Laughable: The Lakers would never give up their most veteran leader who everyone came up to and thanked after winning the last title. Bryant would never stand to lose the guy he's been to the playoffs with the most. Not everyone can run the Triangle point guard position... okay, that's a lie. Pretty much everyone can dribble the ball up, pass it to Kobe Bryant, and then go sit in a corner and often get blown by on defense. But Fisher's hit too many huge shots in Laker history to be forsaken. And no one is looking to pay him another $6.8 million for two more years.
  • Shannon Brown- Trade Status: Intriguing, if unlikely: Brown failed to fetch any significant offers on the open market this summer, so who's going to trade for him now, even in a career year for him? He's got great upside and has looked like a possible building block, but who doesn't when they're running next to this team? Brown's cheap and his contract is flexible, but he's not going to cash in any huge superstar on the open market.
  • Matt Barnes- Trade Status: Injured: Barnes is injured for a few more weeks, his contract's too low to matter, and the only teams that would be interested in him are contenders, the sort of teams that would never give up valuable assets to the defending champs. 
So while Kupchak may be looking to try and upgrade his team, Michael Heisley and Chris Wallace aren't walking through that door. Even with the Nuggets being dragged slowly towards the inescapable black hole in the reality that they have to trade Carmelo Anthony, and the Sixers wanting to offload Iguodala to make room for their rebuilding project, or the Suns in near full-on blow-up mode, no one's going to be looking to the Lakers to cash in.  The Lakers are on top, and have spent a lot to get to the top. They're loaded with talent, but it's not talent that garners a lot on the market. 

After all, how do you possibly get great return on trading members of the most talented team in the league? Instead, I think the Lakers will take the Phil Jackson approach. Sit back, relax, coast through the next four months, and flip the switch when it counts. They've done it before. They'll do it again.

If Mitch does find a way to make a deal for maybe one player, by using Ebanks, or Character, or Walton somehow, by all means, we should build a statue of him outside Staples.  But the possibility of that is very unlikely.  And moving one of our core guys 2 months before the playoffs start is foolish. 

lol he should get a statue anyway just off the strength of flipping kwame for pau

Bynum injured again....boxed out by Pierce caused a left knee bone bruise
WOW.....this guy is so fragillly

I have a feeling its going to be Shannon

Matt, if i remember correctly, was trying to learn the 2 -guard position in the triangle

Blake
Barnes
Odom
?
?

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

indifferent.gif

Drew for Nene straight up. I've become weary of this dude.

damn *%! bynum...smh. drew has sooooo much potential. he could be one of the best big men out there, he just cant stay healthy =/. how much is nene's contract? we could package shannon, ratlieff, luke, character or ebanks and a draft and cash for him if the numbers workout..

Lizaker4Lizife wrote:
source?

damn really......
ohwell.gif

aint no way mitch is trading anyone in our starting 5 and odom. hes probably gonna try to get another addition to our bench. but i still dont believe that its going to happen since his trades have been very silent.

Check lakers fb page, just say vagynum is out, listed day to day smh.

Can't stand how fragile this dude is for a big guy. Shoulda traded him for Bosch last season.

I have a feeling we'll try to get an aggressive/strong/healthy big before the trade deadline hits. IMO that's what we need and we'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom