[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I would say it's a must win in terms of records and standings, especially if we're looking to make a push for that #1 seed soon.

This is a chance to record an L for SA and W for LA in one night.

Must win. 

LA's got a better chance of catching Bin Laden.

CP.
laugh.gif

Yikes.

When I think of a must WIN, I think in terms of seeding in the middle of April or a game 7, but not a game in February before the All-Star break.

this is our first revenge game against a top 5 team
lost to Boston, Miami, SA and DAL

now we get to avenge one of those losses....hopefully the team responds

Its a must win. Flat out. Home game against a team we need to gain ground on.
Plus they won the previous game. Dont wanna give them more confidence.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--All of us should already know that ESPN are just a bunch of clowns. Period.
--LA must win tomorrow. And they shall. All this hoopla will die down.
A must win game in February for the repeat champs?
eek.gif

Wow how the mighty have fallen.
30t6p3b.gif
 I just want a great game is all. Nothing more nothing less.

see if you had ever experience a repeat in your lifetime, its always a must win against the team with the best record at home in february.

tongue.gif

Spoiler [+]
no its not a must win and your spurs are probably going to wax us tonight

must win?? please.. in february?? whats gonna happen if they lose? nothing, absolutely nothing. i think mitch, jerry and magic just try to stir up something thats not gonna happen. just to wake the team up, and get out of this slump. nothing all. would be stupid to trade any player, except luke walton. but he has a contract that no one wants. ron artest is going nowhere!!!

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

see if you had ever experience a repeat in your lifetime, its always a must win against the team with the best record at home in february.

tongue.gif

Spoiler [+]

Then again, I rather not be in the Finals than to be down 3-2 in a series. 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Freakin' Do Be Doo, still can't believe he said that last year.  Hilarious. 

Bynum is gonna give it a go tonight. 

And on that note, lotta Bynum bashing whenever things don't go our way.  Let me take this minute to remind you, he's 9 toes into being a MADE MAN. 

Finals with no Bynum, lose
Two Finals with an injured Bynum gutting it out, wins. 

MADE. 

CP approved. 

CP made men:  AC, B Scott, Threatt, Nick, Harp, Foxy, Horry, D Fish  *reserved space for Drew someday* 

This ain't up for discussion.  Be very careful how ya'll speak on Drew, injury or not, kid shortens his career playing hurt to win titles.  Say whatever you want, he's gotten it done.  Same as Fish.  Fish got that turnstyle D game, but when needed, he answers the call.  MADE. 
smokin.gif

If Ariza had more time, with all the clutch plays he had in 09, he was gonna be made.  But dude left, so he ain't made. 

Lamar is border.  Everybody know the elites, Magic, Worthy, KAJ, Shaq, Kob, Pau.........Lamar is stuck in no man's land between Made, and Elite.  When I'm old, I'll figure out where he slots, or create a new slot for him.  Haven't decided.  We Repeat Threepeat this year, Lamar gonna get something.  We'll see. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

tongue.gif

Spoiler [+]

Then again, I rather not be in the Finals than to be down 3-2 in a series. 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

then i rather not be in the finals than to be down 3-2 in a series heading back home.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

CP made men:  AC, B Scott, Threatt, Nick, Harp, Foxy, Horry, D Fish  *reserved space for Drew someday*  

not gonna add my boy eddie "sweet butter" jones? 

When I'm old, I'll figure out where he slots, or create a new slot for him.  Haven't decided.  We Repeat Threepeat this year, Lamar gonna get something.  We'll see.  

hmm...arent you old?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 jk

[Singletary]  CAN'T DO IT!!! [Singletary]

Like him, but not trenchcoat material.  Glen Rice, Vlade, my boy Elden, Ced, Rambis, EJ, Madsen, Penberthy, all good dudes, don't make the cut. 

i love how the media are talking about how the lakers struggling and what not and how a couple of lakers fans on here saying this is a must win, how the spurs are
having one of their best seasons ever and yet we're only 6 games behind 1st in the west..

Originally Posted by CP1708

[Singletary]  CAN'T DO IT!!! [Singletary]

Like him, but not trenchcoat material.  Glen Rice, Vlade, my boy Elden, Ced, Rambis, EJ, Madsen, Penberthy, all good dudes, don't make the cut. 
i understand. but not rambis? you'd put bynum there over rambis? dude was a tough son of a gun.
pimp.gif

Tough, but I mean, his game was less then Madsen maybe. 
laugh.gif

Bynum hurt can do more then Rambis at full strength. 
laugh.gif

Kurt was the hustle gritty guy though.  Could use a guy like him these days honestly. 

It is a must win, you're chasing SA for the number 1 seed and home court advantage throughout the playoffs. When your down 7 games, you need to win as many as you can and you start by getting back at SA.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

It is a must win, you're chasing SA for the number 1 seed and home court advantage throughout the playoffs. When your down 7 games, you need to win as many as you can and you start by getting back at SA.
There is no such thing as a must win in an 82 game regular season. 

The season don't end if we lose tonight.  

You actin like the Lakers can never ever win a playoff game in San Antonio or somethin.  We've won a TON of road games in the postseason, including San An. 

Even IF we win tonight, no guarantee we get the 1 seed anyway, thus, it's not a damn must win.  It's 1/82  Period.  It's like saying the Yankees are playing a must win game the first week of June. 
indifferent.gif

It's like some people never read thru a schedule or something, or seen the ups and downs of a damn 6 month season. 
30t6p3b.gif

id pick rambis over madog 10 times out of 10. i love madsen but id be kinda insulted to put these two in the same sentence.
laugh.gif
 rambis was the blue collar guy on that showtime team. the dirty work that no one wants to do.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

this is our first revenge game against a top 5 team
lost to Boston, Miami, SA and DAL

now we get to avenge one of those losses....hopefully the team responds

this my train of thought

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Its a must win. Flat out. Home game against a team we need to gain ground on.
Plus they won the previous game. Dont wanna give them more confidence.

Well quite frankly, even if they do beat the Spurs, they could lose the next 5 games in a row....  So it wouldn't really matter. Just saying.  
But I can agree to disagree with a fellow Laker fan. 

Must win or not (not), i just wanna see some heart tonight...some fire.....intensity from the WHOLE team.

Too many games this year guys are out there going thru the motions like ehhh whatever.

I love hearing Barkley say how Kobe has lost it, he doesn't have that second gear, etc...he said the exact same thing last year.

Just adding more fuel to KB's fire

That idiot Barkley said something about Kobe AGAIN?

Dude is SALTY as hell that KB has a chance to 3-peat while he never got a chip.

^^ he also said that the Spurs have no chance at beating the Lakers in a 7 gm series without another big man

Back
Top Bottom