[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

what was said?

somebodys going to have to call people out in order to try and save this sinking ship and its going to have to be either kobe or bynum

Bynum sai,d "there are trust issues"
Reporter "on the court"?

"Everywhere all the players"

Something like that. dont quote me

kobe-crying.jpg

Well, imo I picked dallas to win this game as well tonight, and i'm not a fan of either team, (memphis, 3 years strong) just some observations that i've made, my two cents I guess. People who follow the Lakeshow more, can see if I've hit the problem on the head for you all

Their offense and defense right now both are in a funk, more specifically their defense. They can't really do anything with dirk, no one can. They definately shouldn't double him, too many shooters on dallas. Even when the lakers couldn't buy a three point shot, and couldn't score in that 3rd quarter, they were right there. But, what they have been doing through these first two games and this is really hurting them, is going over the top of those screens set for barea and JT, especially when they are being set so high. If they keep going over the top that far out, just like tonight, those guards will just B-Line around bynum, and gasol, and odom, and now they have a wide open floor to play with. Barea really opened the game with this for those who watched.

If they can stop doing that, guard dirk straight up, and rebound a little more efficiently, they can get a few more easy baskets, in transition. They aren't too deft in transition, but dallas in the halfcourt defensively, is extremely underrated, as shown in these first two games.

Oh yeah, and they can't play more than 6, maybe 7 players. The lakers bench is flat out awful.

We'll see what adjustments the lakeshow make in Game two.

so frustrated.

still believe though. we will win the next one.

but i thought the same about tonight. they just didnt have it in them tonight, even when it was only a 4 pt game it felt much larger than that. the lakers could never get the crowd into it at all.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Well, imo I picked dallas to win this game as well tonight, and i'm not a fan of either team, (memphis, 3 years strong) just some observations that i've made, my two cents I guess. People who follow the Lakeshow more, can see if I've hit the problem on the head for you all

Their offense and defense right now both are in a funk, more specifically their defense. They can't really do anything with dirk, no one can. They definately shouldn't double him, too many shooters on dallas. Even when the lakers couldn't buy a three point shot, and couldn't score in that 3rd quarter, they were right there. But, what they have been doing through these first two games and this is really hurting them, is going over the top of those screens set for barea and JT, especially when they are being set so high. If they keep going over the top that far out, just like tonight, those guards will just B-Line around bynum, and gasol, and odom, and now they have a wide open floor to play with. Barea really opened the game with this for those who watched.

If they can stop doing that, guard dirk straight up, and rebound a little more efficiently, they can get a few more easy baskets, in transition. They aren't too deft in transition, but dallas in the halfcourt defensively, is extremely underrated, as shown in these first two games.

Oh yeah, and they can't play more than 6, maybe 7 players. The lakers bench is flat out awful.

We'll see what adjustments the lakeshow make in Game two.
you make very good obsevations there...I would also just let barea and terry chuck 3s from way out there the whole game and if they beat you than you just move on

YOU CAN NOT LET THEM PENETRATE AND BREAK DOWN THE WHOLE DEFENSE...THEY CAN GET ANY SHOT THEY WANT WHEN THAT HAPPENS

anyone notice odom's patented "ill force layups and brick them in an important game" move
had not seen that since the 2008 finals

I knew Gasol was gonna be soft FROM THE VERY FIRST POSSESSION. Kobe gave it to him in the post but he passed it out then kobe gave it to him and Gasol passed it out AGAIN. Happened many times during the game
Dude is SCARED.

I want to say that the series isnt over yet until it is 0-3 but seeing gasol !%#+# out like that is not a good sign. HE PASSED THE DAMN BALL OUT FROM THE POST WITH 40 SECS LEFT IN THE GAME. COME ON SON
indifferent.gif

all im worried about is friday right now.

the lakers just gotta do what they did in utah last year and that's take games 3 and 4. worry about friday first and sunday will feel much better if there's a chance to tie the series on sunday.

the panic button is on but lets see what happens friday.

at the end of the day even if dallas were to win the series, nothing lasts forever and im proud of everything the lakers have accomplished the last 2 seasons.

that being said it's too early to be writing obituaries. hopefully the lakers that came out the all star break with guns blazing can make their way back starting friday.

Not gonna lie, I took this loss hard. I'm confident in my team, but I can't front, this feels like the end of an era. Lakers, Boston, spurs, Kobe smh. I dont know what say right now. Let's get the next one lakers.

Dallas did great though. They were in control for the whole time it seemed. I can't hate.

how is this the end of an era? you guys are overreacting

kobe is still 32 we just need to retool the bench...the core is still there

and it is possible that we get dwight in the off season

anyone have post game quotes? what was gasol's excuse today? not enought touches?

Originally Posted by knightngale

anyone have post game quotes? what was gasol's excuse today? not enought touches?

with kobes conditioning and work ethic he got another good 4 years left, assuming he's healthy.  i've seen karl malone remain elite til his late 30's and the same with mike. 

if the necessary moves are made, they can still make more runs with kobe imo, but im worrying about this season still for now.

--Welp, that ended well. Good luck to the Mavericks in the WCF.
--If I make the Off-season thread right now will it get locked up? The Lakers are pretty much done-zo.

--Dallas is clearly the better team.
--Kobe is done. Past his prime. Gasol had a good 3 yr run. But his jersey wont be retired into the rafters.
--Parade in South Beach this June. If I'm wrong I will never post on NT. Ever again. Forever.

Originally Posted by knightngale

like i said in the series thread, the lakers need to address their inconsistency and to me it starts with the bench and fisher

i think bynum is really on the come up and pau just needs the summer to cool off and get things together, i think they need a real PG way more than dwight

DWill
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--If I make the Off-season thread right now will it get locked up? The Lakers are pretty much done-zo.

--Kobe is done. Past his prime. Gasol had a good 3 yr run. But his jersey wont be retired into the rafters.
--Parade in South Beach this June. If I'm wrong I will never post on NT. Ever again. Forever.

eek.gif

Quoted

eek.gif

Quoted

--Quoted again for emphasis.
--If I'm wrong about the HEAT winning it all this year I will ban myself from NT for good.
--I got other things to work on like my graphic novel and my career and all that anyways.

eek.gif

Quoted

--Quoted again for emphasis.
--If I'm wrong about the HEAT winning it all this year I will ban myself from NT for good.
--I got other things to work on like my graphic novel and my career and all that anyways.

Word.

^ I don't believe that at all, now come Monday morning and IF this series is tied 2-2 THEN AND ONLY THEN everything will be forgiven

I said it in the series thread and I'll say it again, it just seems like that era of us dominating and "Kobe being Kobe" is coming to an end.....it sucks to say that knowing we still have a competitive team out there, but it just is what it is

I was listening to espn radio and apparently Gasol and his girlfriend broke up...is there any truth to this?

Pau 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DTruth07

I was listening to espn radio and apparently Gasol and his girlfriend broke up...is there any truth to this?

Pau 
30t6p3b.gif
even if it is true... its not an excuse to play like a little female dog

Originally Posted by Nermindee

Pau 
30t6p3b.gif
even if it is true... its not an excuse to play like a little female dog
laugh.gif

This lost got me really angry & stressed out... Good thing I went out for an hour jog/power walk to calm me down...

I still believe this TEAM is capable of winning both games in Dallas to tie up the series... I hope the weekend will be good to us...

After that, it's all up for grabs...

Pau 
30t6p3b.gif

i mean 2 years ago we found out that dirks "girl" is a dirty swindler but that didnt stop him from destroying kenyon martin 

The lakers are not dominating because their competition IMPROVED. Kupchak has really not done anything to improve the team since the Gasol and Ariza trade.

Teams like Dallas and Miami are dangerous because they have tons of shooters that can space the floor. It does not matter how good your superstar is if he does not have enough space to operate.

The lack of good perimeter shooters has finally caught up with them.

Lakers can win because they get a lot of points in the paint but all these teams have added good defensive big men. It seems that Gasol is too frail to do anything against a good defensive pf/c.
Bynum has the strength but still is not skilled enough to dominate good defenders.

So other teams keep adding big men to combat Pau and Bynum and it seems to be working. I'm not even gonna mention Odom cause he takes himself away from games in the playoffs.

Other teams packing the paint makes it easier to guard the bigs and harder for kobe to drive.

It pisses me off watching other teams drain tons of 3s on a constant basis and lakers clanking most of them.

Back
Top Bottom