Official: Lakers @ Hornets 3/14 5:00PM PST KCAL 9

this games a wrap. are we ever going to have a completely healthy team? this is so frustrating.

I take part of the blame for this loss.
My first time starting a game thread and Gasol gets injured. Never again.
Fisher and Sasha are really starting to piss me off with the poor shot selection.

Chris Paul is hurt...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

man ronny turiaf is just ATROCIOUS

he doesn't play any defense and doesn't rebound anymore

all he comes in for is to brick 8 jumpers per day which turn into easy layups for the other team

ohwell.gif
Today right?, but when he's doing all the little things theteam needs him to do to win you love him right?

eyes.gif
I don't see how some of you guys call yourself fans, fansshouldn't nitpick about a player after EVERY loss, sometimes teams just get outplayed as a whole, which is the case tonight

And just to mention, this team causes MAJOR match up problems without Drew checking tyson in the paint

Well, this looks like a loss. I can't really fault them for this though I mean come on. The Hornets are a great team and when you have Pau going down after the first 3 minutes...you can't EXPECT to win this one.
Don't downplay this performance. LA won the last game without Gasol and with Bynum.

We missed Pau's presence down low tonight. No excuses though, Hornets definitely out played us in the second half and deserve the win.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Well, this looks like a loss. I can't really fault them for this though I mean come on. The Hornets are a great team and when you have Pau going down after the first 3 minutes...you can't EXPECT to win this one.
Don't downplay this performance. LA won the last game without Gasol and with Bynum.

Yea they had a center they were playing tonight with a PF at center and some of the game with no one at that spot!

Originally Posted by thachosen123

all he comes in for is to brick 8 jumpers per day which turn into easy layups for the other team

ohwell.gif
Today right?, but when he's doing all the little things the team needs him to do to win you love him right?

eyes.gif
I don't see how some of you guys call yourself fans, fans shouldn't nitpick about a player after EVERY loss, sometimes teams just get outplayed as a whole, which is the case tonight

And just to mention, this team causes MAJOR match up problems without Drew checking tyson in the paint

WORD.

Anyways, I hope Pau is ok. Losing him for a loong time spells doom for the Lakers.
frown.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

ohwell.gif
Today right?, but when he's doing all the little things the team needs him to do to win you love him right?

eyes.gif
I don't see how some of you guys call yourself fans, fans shouldn't nitpick about a player after EVERY loss, sometimes teams just get outplayed as a whole, which is the case tonight

he hasn't done any of the little things since we started struggling, which is what he is supposed to focus on
how you gonna focus on brickingjumpers when you aren't doing anything at the other end? either way most of his shots were rushed
fisher as well

its not like they were taking good shots and you go "oh they just had an off day"
both dudes were forcing shots

watch fisher try to get us to a "good" start on sunday again by putting up 12 shots in the first
we have no chance if people play outside of their roles

Downplay what performance?

And TBH I'd rather have a healthy Bynum playing the 5 and the rest of the lineup healthy than a healthy Pau playing the 5. Bynum'soffense+defense>>Pau's offense and horrible defense. Our defense has been horrid since Pau has been here and Bynum's been out. We have nobodyclogging up the lane and stopping penetration.

Phil has to be sippin something on that sideline, why when we were down 8 did he have Kobe on the bench, and then bring him in when the lead swelled to 15? Hissubstitution patterns have been suspect all year long. Anyway the Hornets, specifically CP3 (beast, my MVP at this point) are the truth. Gotta move on to facethe red-hot Rockets
smh.gif
Hopefully Pau can play, but I don't think it will be that big of a factor in that game, because Houston doesn't a true insidepresence either unless Landry plays. Oh, and we're still in 1st place
pimp.gif

knightngale i hope you didn't take that the wrong way, its just that your post seemed to trigger my reaction

Ronny did nothing wrong tonight IMO, his role is to come in off the bench and provide a spark for the team, he wasn't able to do that tonight because hiswas pretty much forced into a starters role, he was out of his element, and it showed
how you gonna focus on bricking jumpers when you aren't doing anything at the other end?
im sure anybody whos played basketball before can tell you, you dont "focus on bricking jumpers"

But i do see where you're coming from about fisher though, it almost seems as if every time he drives to the basket hes not even looking to convert, itjust looks like hes waiting for the refs to bail him out

Its a team loss. We didn't get boards. You can't blame this game on just one person. We have to get ready.

houston is next....

Back
Top Bottom