Official Lakers @ Mavericks 1/25 5:30 P.M NBALP(yes!)

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Originally Posted by knightngale

I think we keep Luke, especially since we signed him to an extension, but definitely Kwame and Lamar need to go. In defense of Lamar, maybe his heart just isn't in the game anymore. Having your child pass would leave anyone drained. Kwame...enough said.

why keep luke? i dont even know why they signed him

His passing is pretty good as those announcers slurped on. Last year he seemed to have stepped up, don't know what happened though. If he could get back to that form, it would be great.
He got paid.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

I think we keep Luke, especially since we signed him to an extension, but definitely Kwame and Lamar need to go. In defense of Lamar, maybe his heart just isn't in the game anymore. Having your child pass would leave anyone drained. Kwame...enough said.

why keep luke? i dont even know why they signed him

His passing is pretty good as those announcers slurped on. Last year he seemed to have stepped up, don't know what happened though. If he could get back to that form, it would be great.

I never liked his passing. He tries to be flashy and+!*!!# up most of the time. Passing is all he has and he is mediocre at it.

^Another unexplainable 3rd quarter collapse after being down 1 at the half. Kobe had a monster game 40, 10, 5. Farmar played well off the bench. Vujacic had abunch of mental lapses and costly turnovers. We didn't close out on the 3 pt shooters and offensive rebounding killed us. Lamar, Luke, and Kwame continuedtheir D-League play and things don't look too promising heading against LeBron on Sunday.

Originally Posted by bobby24K

I wanna see Ownsem come in a defend his boy after another piss poor performance tonight, horrible offense, defense and just being out there. If the Suns want Odumb, I say good riddens at least the Matrix is consistent with a dbl-dbl.
funny that you use "odumb" when you aren't smart enough to spell "riddance"
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Larry Hughes for Lamar Odom, DO IT MITCH!
laugh.gif

Like we need anymore guards
grin.gif

Then again, we have a 6'10" forward who thinks he's a guard, so I guess, we wouldn't be missing much
roll.gif

I strongly hope that Lamar is traded by the deadline. In the next few weeks our season could be down the toilet, might as well bring a guy in now to learn thetri.

It's always tough losing a game within reach. It's also always easiest to start clearing the roster after a bad loss as well.
Lamar is exactly what he has been throughout his career. He's a good player in an amazing basketball physique. Nothing more, nothing less.
He is not he 2nd option, not a stellar defender and not an aggressive scorer so he is only what appears to be a potentially great player but one who will neverlive up to his potential. The thing is, I don't think he wants to get better. For every year he has been a Laker he has never developed or grown better inany aspect of his game/style. So at this point while he is still marketable for a trade, it's time for the Lakers to move him for something. It's sadbecause he has all the physical gifts, but he doesn't have the fire to be a better player. Bynum in 3 years has shown improvement, and he didn't get asmuch playing time as Odom. At this stage I'd rather see Ariza starting instead of Odom.
Look at Odom's career stats and it shows he doesn't have any peaks or valleys over the years he's played. This is statistical proof he hasn'tgotten worse or better. The Lakers need their roster to grow and play better in the next few years to be contenders and retain Kobe, Lamar has not helped a bittowards that goal, because he's content to play the exact same way each year he suits up and that has not been a postive thing to this point.

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.

lal.gif
[h2]Los Angeles Lakers[/h2]

[table][tr][th=""]Incoming Players[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
3513.jpg
[/td] [td]
Pau Gasol
Salary: $13,735,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 19.1 REB: 8.9 AST: 3.0 PER: 20.50
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Lamar Odom

mem.gif
[h2]Memphis Grizzlies[/h2]

[table][tr][th=""]Incoming Players[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
3327.jpg
[/td] [td]
Lamar Odom
Salary: $13,248,596 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 13.2 REB: 9.5 AST: 2.8 PER: 13.48
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Pau Gasol

Yeah, I just wonder if Memphis really needs Lamar... Do they really want to trade one soft big for another? Why trade for Lamar, when Rudy Gay basically playsthe same type role for them, except he's not out of position doing it?... If Memphis deals Gasol, I'd think it'll probably be for an expiring dealso they can wash their hands of that contract entirely and find a better way to spend that money elsewhere.

Mavs coach Avery Johnson said the spark came from a halftime speech from Nowitzki. However, Howard and Harris were oblivious.

"I wasn't even paying attention," Howard said, insisting he really didn't know what reporters were talking about.

"I was getting retaped," Harris said, trying to offer a plausible excuse.

laugh.gif

Lamar wasn't the problem last night, outside of Kobe none of the guys really came thru in the 3rd quarter. When you turn the ball over 16 times against anyteam (especally a championship contender in their building) you're probably going to lose. Lethargic third quarters have been a trend in Lakerland the pastcouple of years & I thought we had finally cleared that hurdle this season but these past two games show that we have alot of work to do.

BTW: If we're placing blame Sacha & Jordan had costly turnovers that killed any hope of stealing the game. Ah well, on to sunday & hopefully thestart of another winning streak.

I wanna see Ownsem come in a defend his boy after another piss poor performance tonight, horrible offense, defense and just being out there.

I can't defend him because I didn't watch the game.

The box score really surprised me when I looked at it. His stats were unacceptable for a big game like this. I don't understand how he could only gettwo rebounds after he's shown consistency in that area. Did he get in early foul trouble? I mean, what even happened?

Looks like Kwame had an alright game. Fisher needs to do something besides score. No assists, no rebounds, no steals.

We shot 56% and still lost. I think we'll bounce back well against Cleveland, especially since the game is at home.

^ Correct, Lamar wasn't THE problem.

But he was ONE OF the problems.

And your #2 guy on the squad shouldn't hold as much responsibility for a loss as he so frequently does. Like, let's say the loss last night was... 30%his fault. That's too high for a guy who's supposed to be your #2 guy.

And that's how it usually is with him; he holds too much responsibility for losses, and contributes very little and very inconsistently to help us win.

Bryant, incidentally, reiterated his early season interest in the Mavs after a Lakers practice in Dallas on Thursday, when asked if his own battles with management between May and October actually ended as well as they possibly could with teammate Andrew Bynum developing so quickly and the Lakers blossoming into a rising threat in the West.

With a laugh between sentences, Bryant said: "It certainly seems that way. Unless they were going to send me here to Dallas with Dirk [Nowitzki], you know what I mean?"

laugh.gif
Kobe still wants to be a Maverick.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Bryant, incidentally, reiterated his early season interest in the Mavs after a Lakers practice in Dallas on Thursday, when asked if his own battles with management between May and October actually ended as well as they possibly could with teammate Andrew Bynum developing so quickly and the Lakers blossoming into a rising threat in the West.

With a laugh between sentences, Bryant said: "It certainly seems that way. Unless they were going to send me here to Dallas with Dirk [Nowitzki], you know what I mean?"
laugh.gif
Kobe still wants to be a Maverick.
pimp.gif

Yeah, maybe, but Mavs would have to give up to much.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

I wanna see Ownsem come in a defend his boy after another piss poor performance tonight, horrible offense, defense and just being out there.

I can't defend him because I didn't watch the game.

The box score really surprised me when I looked at it. His stats were unacceptable for a big game like this. I don't understand how he could only get two rebounds after he's shown consistency in that area. Did he get in early foul trouble? I mean, what even happened?

Looks like Kwame had an alright game. Fisher needs to do something besides score. No assists, no rebounds, no steals.

We shot 56% and still lost. I think we'll bounce back well against Cleveland, especially since the game is at home.

you can't get rebounds if the other team is scoring at will.

lakers' defense has been atrocious lately.

Back
Top Bottom