[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Jerry West isn't the NETS GM.
ORL trade you said is
indifferent.gif

Yeah like if shane is going to leave the grizz and help LA rebulid.

I know it hurts but just stop and look at what your posting.
30t6p3b.gif

As far as Shane Battier is concerned, the city of Memphis and the Grizzlies will want him re-signed. However, it'll be up to him in the end. He can either back up Rudy Gay for 12-13 MPG or go somewhere else to play more significant minutes and have a larger role. He says he has 3-4 more quality years left.  He can still defend and knock down threes, but he would make the Lakers even slower. 
laugh.gif

In the end, I think the Lakers are fine at SF with Artest (no one is taking him), Barnes (if he returns), Puke (
sick.gif
) and Ebanks developing.

As far as Shane Battier is concerned, the city of Memphis and the Grizzlies will want him re-signed. However, it'll be up to him in the end. He can either back up Rudy Gay for 12-13 MPG or go somewhere else to play more significant minutes and have a larger role. He says he has 3-4 more quality years left.  He can still defend and knock down threes, but he would make the Lakers even slower. 
laugh.gif

In the end, I think the Lakers are fine at SF with Artest (no one is taking him), Barnes (if he returns), Puke (
sick.gif
) and Ebanks developing.

Unless Pau gets hungry again and/or forgives and forgets about the GF fiasco, the core isn't going to get another title.

Now assuming Pau forgives and makes up with everyone, if they get someone at the 3 to spread the floor, and a new PG, they could easily make another run.

I really don't want Ron starting and in fact I wish he could be bought out. He's way too inconsistent on both ends of the floor. If anything move him to the bench.

It seems like there will be 10 guys under contract next year, assuming Barnes and Brown opt in to their player options.

Kobe, Pau, Odom, Bynum, Artest, Walton, Blake, Fisher, Brown [player option], Barnes [player option]

Unless Pau gets hungry again and/or forgives and forgets about the GF fiasco, the core isn't going to get another title.

Now assuming Pau forgives and makes up with everyone, if they get someone at the 3 to spread the floor, and a new PG, they could easily make another run.

I really don't want Ron starting and in fact I wish he could be bought out. He's way too inconsistent on both ends of the floor. If anything move him to the bench.

It seems like there will be 10 guys under contract next year, assuming Barnes and Brown opt in to their player options.

Kobe, Pau, Odom, Bynum, Artest, Walton, Blake, Fisher, Brown [player option], Barnes [player option]

With the Pau rumors being true and Bynum talking about the multiple "trust issues" That had nothing to do with defensive rotations (THANKS KOBE) 
eyes.gif
It will be very interesting to see what comes out in the offseason. Are we going to get Kobe and Shaq part 2 in the media? I remember every week when verbal jabs were getting thrown back and forth in the LA Times. It was not a good look...
30t6p3b.gif

With the Pau rumors being true and Bynum talking about the multiple "trust issues" That had nothing to do with defensive rotations (THANKS KOBE) 
eyes.gif
It will be very interesting to see what comes out in the offseason. Are we going to get Kobe and Shaq part 2 in the media? I remember every week when verbal jabs were getting thrown back and forth in the LA Times. It was not a good look...
30t6p3b.gif

^That's what I'm fearing. A Shaq/Kobe Duel Part II. Pau has already proven to be fragile mentally by letting this affect him, and with a lot of the blame being thrown his way by the media for this collapse, it could get worse. These guys COULD put it together for one more run, but I think they're just fractured collectively at this point. Time could heal wounds, but if it doesn't changes will HAVE to be made.

Seeing Bynum rip his jersey off yesterday was eerily similar to LBJ doing it last year after they got eliminated by Boston. Maybe Drew is just tired of the Lakers and they've tired of him, although he was the best player on the floor for us during this series.

One of the CORE pieces will have to be moved in order for this team to improve, there's no other way for that to happen, nobody's going to want to take on these bad contracts from role players who won't do anything for them.

I just want to get a coach in place as soon as possible...

^That's what I'm fearing. A Shaq/Kobe Duel Part II. Pau has already proven to be fragile mentally by letting this affect him, and with a lot of the blame being thrown his way by the media for this collapse, it could get worse. These guys COULD put it together for one more run, but I think they're just fractured collectively at this point. Time could heal wounds, but if it doesn't changes will HAVE to be made.

Seeing Bynum rip his jersey off yesterday was eerily similar to LBJ doing it last year after they got eliminated by Boston. Maybe Drew is just tired of the Lakers and they've tired of him, although he was the best player on the floor for us during this series.

One of the CORE pieces will have to be moved in order for this team to improve, there's no other way for that to happen, nobody's going to want to take on these bad contracts from role players who won't do anything for them.

I just want to get a coach in place as soon as possible...

this Pau/Kobe/Vanessa rumor hasnt been proved. Bill Plashke wrote about a rumor and Pau who has denied the rumor only acknowleges some off the court issues affecting him. Another website (see below...its a sport gossip site but maybe more credible then mediatakeout or terez owens) tells that Pau's girl was at last weeks game and they are still together. Believe who you will but dont start further spreading unfounded rumors until the actual people speak on them.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/media-they-smear-what-they-dont-understand-29678

this Pau/Kobe/Vanessa rumor hasnt been proved. Bill Plashke wrote about a rumor and Pau who has denied the rumor only acknowleges some off the court issues affecting him. Another website (see below...its a sport gossip site but maybe more credible then mediatakeout or terez owens) tells that Pau's girl was at last weeks game and they are still together. Believe who you will but dont start further spreading unfounded rumors until the actual people speak on them.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/media-they-smear-what-they-dont-understand-29678

I just hope L.A doesnt fall victim to the media and begin to listen to these idiots. They done NEED another superstar to win a championship. They are one Playmaking PG, and a Shooter away from being top in the west again. If shannon isnt demanding alot i say keep him, he sucked this series but as a bench player he isnt bad at all. I also LOVE the idea of barbosa here, hes still a very capable scorer and even if hes not a good defender he can stay in front of his man
We also have to think about what coach system would fit here... I just hope it nets Bynum some more touches 

I just hope L.A doesnt fall victim to the media and begin to listen to these idiots. They done NEED another superstar to win a championship. They are one Playmaking PG, and a Shooter away from being top in the west again. If shannon isnt demanding alot i say keep him, he sucked this series but as a bench player he isnt bad at all. I also LOVE the idea of barbosa here, hes still a very capable scorer and even if hes not a good defender he can stay in front of his man
We also have to think about what coach system would fit here... I just hope it nets Bynum some more touches 

First of all, Magic Johnson is one of my favorite all time Lakers, but the crap that comes out of his mouth regarding player transactions makes him less credible.

Just glad he's not the Lakers GM.

They don't need to clean house, they need regain their focus, get younger at the point guard position, and keep feeding the ball down low.

If you wanna trade Bynum for Dwight, be my guest, but that still doesn't resolve the biggest need, which is a quick guard.

But it's obviously still too early to seriously get down to business, so til June we shall wait.

First of all, Magic Johnson is one of my favorite all time Lakers, but the crap that comes out of his mouth regarding player transactions makes him less credible.

Just glad he's not the Lakers GM.

They don't need to clean house, they need regain their focus, get younger at the point guard position, and keep feeding the ball down low.

If you wanna trade Bynum for Dwight, be my guest, but that still doesn't resolve the biggest need, which is a quick guard.

But it's obviously still too early to seriously get down to business, so til June we shall wait.

By any chance, do you guys know where they still have the 70's style swingman jerseys left?? 
Nba store sold out, and my local stores don't have them for some reason. 

Kobe+Bryant+Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+Boston+Celtics+1rh14ao9m9wl.jpg

By any chance, do you guys know where they still have the 70's style swingman jerseys left?? 
Nba store sold out, and my local stores don't have them for some reason. 

Kobe+Bryant+Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+Boston+Celtics+1rh14ao9m9wl.jpg

I see some good stuff being posted...as far as some not so good stuff.
Mamba MVP... you smokin bro? 
laugh.gif
 You act like us being able to put that little dream team of yours is even remotely possible. How the hell we gonna do all that with the very little trade bait we have?
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

First things first...POINT. GAURD... 

You guys can talk Dwight all you want...until i see actual reports of trade talks between us and the Magic, i don't take it serious...just another LeBron to NYK dream imo... I dont wanna set myself up for dissapointment.

But anywhoo...Fish, sorry my man...i got love for you, you gave us a lot of great memories but its time for you to give up that starting spot.

Blake?...wow, talk about garbage when we needed him the most. 

The thing is tho, you guys all say "get rid of fish, brown, artest, etc."... but realistically, who is gonna take them? and what can we possibly get back in return for those guys? 
tired.gif

I see some good stuff being posted...as far as some not so good stuff.
Mamba MVP... you smokin bro? 
laugh.gif
 You act like us being able to put that little dream team of yours is even remotely possible. How the hell we gonna do all that with the very little trade bait we have?
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

First things first...POINT. GAURD... 

You guys can talk Dwight all you want...until i see actual reports of trade talks between us and the Magic, i don't take it serious...just another LeBron to NYK dream imo... I dont wanna set myself up for dissapointment.

But anywhoo...Fish, sorry my man...i got love for you, you gave us a lot of great memories but its time for you to give up that starting spot.

The thing is tho, you guys all say "get rid of fish, brown, artest, etc."... but realistically, who is gonna take them? and what can we possibly get back in return for those guys? 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

tired.gif
The only reason Fish was starting is because of Phil.  
Shannon Brown will most likely exercise his player option, because after the horrible playoffs he had, no team will offer him more.    Same goes with Matt Barnes. 

If you can get a point guard who can dominate the ball and make the offense run (cough Chris Paul cough), it will slide Kobe into the 2nd option, where at this point, it's the most comfortable position for him.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

tired.gif
The only reason Fish was starting is because of Phil.  
Shannon Brown will most likely exercise his player option, because after the horrible playoffs he had, no team will offer him more.    Same goes with Matt Barnes. 

If you can get a point guard who can dominate the ball and make the offense run (cough Chris Paul cough), it will slide Kobe into the 2nd option, where at this point, it's the most comfortable position for him.

Back
Top Bottom