[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

SenatorJeffSmith, not sure if serious.
I'm serious. I've always supported Brown. The problem is too many fans buy into false perceptions.

Brown is a very likeable guy and usually always deflects praise to his players. The guy may clown around in a presser but make no mistake- he'll get it done and put in the necessary work.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

SenatorJeffSmith, not sure if serious.
I'm serious. I've always supported Brown. The problem is too many fans buy into false perceptions.

Brown is a very likeable guy and usually always deflects praise to his players. The guy may clown around in a presser but make no mistake- he'll get it done and put in the necessary work.

Can't anyone give this dude a chance?

One of the positives to take from it, is his defensive mind.

He was there when Duncan and Robinson where like bread and butter in their championship run.

He's got a ton of talent to work worth here in L.A. Both parties are getting a fresh start and a new system.

Let's give it some burn before we criticize. There was a short list to work with.

He was there when Duncan and Robinson where like bread and butter in their championship run.

He's got a ton of talent to work worth here in L.A. Both parties are getting a fresh start and a new system.

Let's give it some burn before we criticize. There was a short list to work with.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

So I'm guessing when it's official Shaw dips? I mean I think he wants to be a head coach in the league unless he's waiting for another Laker collapse where Brown gets fired.
nerd.gif

So I'm guessing when it's official Shaw dips? I mean I think he wants to be a head coach in the league unless he's waiting for another Laker collapse where Brown gets fired.
nerd.gif

I'll give it a try I guess. Welcome to LA.

Offense won't be a problem and I'm glad our defensive rotations will be fixed.

I'll give it a try I guess. Welcome to LA.

Offense won't be a problem and I'm glad our defensive rotations will be fixed.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Seriously.. dudes act like they work in the NBA and know better than the front office... 
As a Laker fan I swear, Laker fans are the worst. Chicken Little, the sky is falling types. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Seriously.. dudes act like they work in the NBA and know better than the front office... 
As a Laker fan I swear, Laker fans are the worst. Chicken Little, the sky is falling types. 

Seem like ya think Brown is gonna sabotage the team. Ultimately, you need a great team to win it all. I don't think Erik Spoelstra will get much credit if Heat win it all this year. A lot will go to Riley and the Big 3.

Guess my point is, players gotta perform. The coach can only do so much.

Seem like ya think Brown is gonna sabotage the team. Ultimately, you need a great team to win it all. I don't think Erik Spoelstra will get much credit if Heat win it all this year. A lot will go to Riley and the Big 3.

Guess my point is, players gotta perform. The coach can only do so much.

Jim Buss... took the keys... took one last swig of tequila... and drove the car right off the cliff. Sad, sad, sad day!

Jim Buss... took the keys... took one last swig of tequila... and drove the car right off the cliff. Sad, sad, sad day!

MIKE BROWN? MIKE BROWN? MIKE EFFFEN' BROWN? MIKE BROWN?

jack nicholson wouldve been a better coaching hire than MIKE BROWN!

MIKE BROWN....

MIKE BROWN? MIKE BROWN? MIKE EFFFEN' BROWN? MIKE BROWN?

jack nicholson wouldve been a better coaching hire than MIKE BROWN!

MIKE BROWN....

nerd.gif
The job could be his right this second, the fact that it isn't tells me the front office didn't want to go with him in the first place, so I don't see Brown getting fired and then they hand Shaw the job.  I'm thinkin Shaw is gone. 

nerd.gif
The job could be his right this second, the fact that it isn't tells me the front office didn't want to go with him in the first place, so I don't see Brown getting fired and then they hand Shaw the job.  I'm thinkin Shaw is gone. 

I'm not gonna criticize the guy before he's even worked 24 hours for the team, that's just kind of ridiculous. Compared to the coaches that were on the "list" I don't think it's a bad choice. He's a good defensive coach and won 60 games with Lebron and a terrible supporting cast. Imagine what he can do with a good offensive team like the Lakers. Jim, Jeanie, and Mitch have earned my trust and I think they know what they're doing. Honestly, we all just have EXTREMELY high standards because we've had the best coach of all time as our coach for the past 10+ years. It seems like the only person that would have satisfied everyone is Coach K as a replacement. If the Heat can play this well with Spoelstra, we can play just as well with Mike Brown.

I'm not gonna criticize the guy before he's even worked 24 hours for the team, that's just kind of ridiculous. Compared to the coaches that were on the "list" I don't think it's a bad choice. He's a good defensive coach and won 60 games with Lebron and a terrible supporting cast. Imagine what he can do with a good offensive team like the Lakers. Jim, Jeanie, and Mitch have earned my trust and I think they know what they're doing. Honestly, we all just have EXTREMELY high standards because we've had the best coach of all time as our coach for the past 10+ years. It seems like the only person that would have satisfied everyone is Coach K as a replacement. If the Heat can play this well with Spoelstra, we can play just as well with Mike Brown.

Back
Top Bottom