[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Dwight chose not to sign an extension and will become a free agent in 2012. So if anything that's a good thing for us.

If it wasn't for everyone saying he's following in Shaqs fotosteps etc, he would probably be alot more interested in coming to LA.

Interesting to see if there will be another bidding war between both teams, like they did in '96 for Shaq.  
Lakers always raise the stakes.  

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Dwight chose not to sign an extension and will become a free agent in 2012. So if anything that's a good thing for us.

If it wasn't for everyone saying he's following in Shaqs fotosteps etc, he would probably be alot more interested in coming to LA.

Interesting to see if there will be another bidding war between both teams, like they did in '96 for Shaq.  
Lakers always raise the stakes.  

Originally Posted by NobleKane

so the lakers would be able to afford dwight howard in 2012?

If they don't tender Odom and Bynum with extensions and let them walk at the end of the season. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

so the lakers would be able to afford dwight howard in 2012?

If they don't tender Odom and Bynum with extensions and let them walk at the end of the season. 

Everyone is talking about monta or howard ? Which would be a bigger asset for the team if either was to come ???
Personally I say Dwight .... Strong on the paint leading blocker and will see a lot of Kobe to Dwight....
pimp.gif
I can see it now
But in reality I dont don't think any of those two will come...
I like the team we have right now exept for Bynum getting injured all the time, hopefully that can change by him
Stayin healthy and also Luke and Blake need to go... Brown is a exiting player that is develop in, I would hate to see him leave

Everyone is talking about monta or howard ? Which would be a bigger asset for the team if either was to come ???
Personally I say Dwight .... Strong on the paint leading blocker and will see a lot of Kobe to Dwight....
pimp.gif
I can see it now
But in reality I dont don't think any of those two will come...
I like the team we have right now exept for Bynum getting injured all the time, hopefully that can change by him
Stayin healthy and also Luke and Blake need to go... Brown is a exiting player that is develop in, I would hate to see him leave

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by 2o6

Call me crazy, but I'd rather draft Isiah Thomas opposed to signing JJ............the way i see it Thomas would be the cheaper option, and he can wind up having the same impact(if not better)

this.

how do u guys feel about giving a MLE offer to a legit back up 2 to rest kobe
Caron Butler
Jamal Crawford
J.R. Smith
Tracy McGrady

Caron - will be back with Dallas
Crawford - could be perfect off the bench with Lamar
J.R. - same as Crawford
TMac - he's done
Crawford and Smith I really doubt are gonna take the MLE
Caron is not leaving Dallas, TMAC is like the very last option if they can't find anyone else

How about Jason Richardson?

Originally Posted by 2o6

Call me crazy, but I'd rather draft Isiah Thomas opposed to signing JJ............the way i see it Thomas would be the cheaper option, and he can wind up having the same impact(if not better)

this.

Caron Butler
Jamal Crawford
J.R. Smith
Tracy McGrady

Caron - will be back with Dallas
Crawford - could be perfect off the bench with Lamar
J.R. - same as Crawford
TMac - he's done
Crawford and Smith I really doubt are gonna take the MLE
Caron is not leaving Dallas, TMAC is like the very last option if they can't find anyone else

How about Jason Richardson?

Originally Posted by 2o6

this.

Caron Butler
Jamal Crawford
J.R. Smith
Tracy McGrady

If we get Caron back I would be happy and Jamal is sick, we would have 2 6th men of the year, how much are they making now?

Originally Posted by 2o6

this.

Caron Butler
Jamal Crawford
J.R. Smith
Tracy McGrady

If we get Caron back I would be happy and Jamal is sick, we would have 2 6th men of the year, how much are they making now?

Originally Posted by 2o6

this.

Caron Butler
Jamal Crawford
J.R. Smith
Tracy McGrady

Originally Posted by 2o6

this.

Caron Butler
Jamal Crawford
J.R. Smith
Tracy McGrady

Caron has proven he can play with Kobe and he says he learned alot of his game off KB24.

It's just his current status which is injured that is risky, even then I doubt we'd get him.

He'd probably want alot of money?

Caron has proven he can play with Kobe and he says he learned alot of his game off KB24.

It's just his current status which is injured that is risky, even then I doubt we'd get him.

He'd probably want alot of money?

Am I the only one that doesn't have the energy to engage in these off-season acquisition discussions? Not that its wrong or anything, Its just personally I don't feel like discussing free agents or trades until they actually seem like realistic possibilities to me. 
I was happy to see Dirk get his chip, he earned it. But i guess today it finally hit me that we should of been there...we definitely had the talent to do so.

Those sad feelings are back again 
tired.gif

So yeah...i guess im not really in the mood to talk about next years roster yet... I'm still not completely over this last season. 
ohwell.gif

Am I the only one that doesn't have the energy to engage in these off-season acquisition discussions? Not that its wrong or anything, Its just personally I don't feel like discussing free agents or trades until they actually seem like realistic possibilities to me. 
I was happy to see Dirk get his chip, he earned it. But i guess today it finally hit me that we should of been there...we definitely had the talent to do so.

Those sad feelings are back again 
tired.gif

So yeah...i guess im not really in the mood to talk about next years roster yet... I'm still not completely over this last season. 
ohwell.gif

^ I'm like that every offseason, man.
laugh.gif
I said it earlier i the thread, that I don't get how people can sit around and talk about things that either will or won't happen with our influence and knowledge being NOTHING. I just can't play that kind of game.

When we get a rumor that so and so is most likely going to sign with us in the next day, I'll discuss.

Otherwise, y'all have at it. I'll be over here.
happy.gif

^ I'm like that every offseason, man.
laugh.gif
I said it earlier i the thread, that I don't get how people can sit around and talk about things that either will or won't happen with our influence and knowledge being NOTHING. I just can't play that kind of game.

When we get a rumor that so and so is most likely going to sign with us in the next day, I'll discuss.

Otherwise, y'all have at it. I'll be over here.
happy.gif

Sad to say but i don't think there will be any big changes. Maybe the bench get tweak a little . We will still have Luke Walton for the next 4 years
sick.gif

Sad to say but i don't think there will be any big changes. Maybe the bench get tweak a little . We will still have Luke Walton for the next 4 years
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom