Official Lakers @ Spurs 1/23 KCAL HD, ESPN

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

No wonder Duncan hasn't been a big factor when we play them, he has 4 guards to pass the ball to on the floor at the same time.

We didn't guard the perimeter, they were bound to find their shot, and when they found it, they killed us.

The offense was not rolling in the second half, in there lies the problem...
When the Lakers' offense is going great (like the first half) the defense intensity picks up.

I saw this coming after the first half, they went away from what they were doing early in that game. They better be ready for friday.
11 for 13 from 3 point land.....

What kills me is they do this every game. Does phil not watch tape? You would think he would get them ready for that.

Has anyone noticed Roonys jumpshot?

His feet go in weird directions after he release the ball..

roll.gif

Originally Posted by bobby24K

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

I would like to see the Spurs in the playoffs....I don't fear them.

Kobe, Bynum and Turiaf aint scared....

Please I don't want to see the Spurs period in the playoffs, they are the only team in the West that we don't matchup well with. And really the only team in the West that plays D night in and night out. PHX, DAL, NO, Utah, etc. don't present those matchup problems for the Lakers. Idealy I would like for Dallas or someone to take care of them in the early rounds so we don't have to see them, but if not, I believe WITH Bynum, Kobe can help us get past them in the West Finals.
Bynum can take Duncan..... I'm sure we can take them out in the West Finals
pimp.gif
with a healthy Bynum and Kobe.

Originally Posted by AirForce1s

i missed the game.............the f happened in the 3rd q?!
Spurs out scored us 31 to 12. Phil made some coaching mistakes. Kobe forced the issue a little bit in the start. Lamar played like lamar does and kwamewas kwame....

Not a good look....

Please I don't want to see the Spurs period in the playoffs, they are the only team in the West that we don't matchup well with. And really the only team in the West that plays D night in and night out. PHX, DAL, NO, Utah, etc. don't present those matchup problems for the Lakers. Idealy I would like for Dallas or someone to take care of them in the early rounds so we don't have to see them, but if not, I believe WITH Bynum, Kobe can help us get past them in the West Finals.
pimp.gif

You do know the Spurs are a different animal in the playoffs right? I mean look at what it took Lakers teams in the past to be the Spurs. I just hope theseedings fall right so we won't have to potentially play them until the West Finals, hopefully Golden State can knock them off ala Dallas lastyear.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by AirForce1s

i missed the game.............the f happened in the 3rd q?!

spurs clamped down on defense...lakers gave up open 3 pointers...turnovers...
basically all the ingredients needed for a loss on the road.

i am sorry but you do not want to see the spurs in the playoffs in any shape or form. give us any team but them.

pimp.gif

You do know the Spurs are a different animal in the playoffs right? I mean look at what it took Lakers teams in the past to be the Spurs. I just hope the seedings fall right so we won't have to potentially play them until the West Finals, hopefully Golden State can knock them off ala Dallas last year.
embarassed.gif
Hope so man....

I don't know if it was Phil's idea or Kobe's, but why would we come out of halftime having Kobe shoot the vast majority of the shots when just theopposite was working in the first half? Why change what's already working?

I'm not blaming the game solely on the beginning of the third, but it was a HUGE momentum shift.

I'm not saying this because I'm a big Lamar fan, but he only touched the ball at the most TWO times in the first 6 minutes of the third. I was glad hepushed Finley for that foul because he had an advantage on him and still no one would pass him the ball. Our second and third options must be more involvedcoming out of halftime.

It seems like whenever we lose, we aren't rotating on defense and we leave guys wide open. This happens all the time.

22 turnovers to 8. Horrible.
Props to Turiaf and Sasha, the only guys that I think had a nice game.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

I don't know if it was Phil's idea or Kobe's, but why would we come out of halftime having Kobe shoot the vast majority of the shots when the opposite was working in the first half? Why change what's already working?

I'm not blaming the game solely on the beginning of the third, but it was a HUGE momentum shift.

I'm not saying this because I'm a big Lamar fan, but he only touched the ball at the most TWO times in the first 6 minutes of the third. I was glad he pushed Finley for that foul because he had an advantage on him and still no one would pass him the ball. Our second and third options must be more involved coming out of halftime.

It seems like whenever we lose, we aren't rotating on defense and we leave guys wide open. This happens all the time.

22 turnovers to 8. Horrible.

Props to Turiaf and Sasha. The only guys I think had a nice game.
I bet phil asked kobe to come out a push the issue. Try to back the spurs against the wall and it didn't happen.

But why would you be glad that lamar made a stupid foul? Lamar has a voice. He can yell. He seems to yell just fine when he gets "fouled". Let theteamates know by telling them, not by committing a very costly and stupid foul.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

IMO we lost this game because of Kobe's selfishness in the beginning of the 3rd.

amazing how some of you laker fans jump to conclusions. how did you lose the game when the 4th quarter has yet to go underway? wow
Amazing how you group a couple of guys into all Lakers fans.
But some of the Lakers fans on this board, are weird.
One second Lamar is playing great, the next Lamar sucks Trade his##$%

We haven't lost yet, but that 3rd quarter was horrible

Are you blind? Shut up.
My fault.
It's just some of these Lakers fans on this board give the other ones bad reps.
I don't like being connected to some of the idiots here who change their opinion of the team after 1 game.
Sometimes we're title-contenders, other times we're a lottery team.
I apologize to you and to NT for some of the Lakers fans on this board

Anyway, thoughts on the game:
We played very well in the 1st half.
In the 2nd half we came out flat, and we didn't have any perimeter defense.
The Surs are a better, more exp. team, plain and simple

I think I'd rather see Spurs in the Playoffs rather than Dallas if I were the Lakers.

IMO we lost this game because of Kobe's selfishness in the beginning of the 3rd.

amazing how some of you laker fans jump to conclusions. how did you lose the game when the 4th quarter has yet to go underway? wow

Are you blind? Shut up.
My fault.
I don't like being connected to some of the idiots here who change their opinion of the team after 1 game.

The Surs are a better team, plain and simple
I understand your point on people changing their opinion's on the team after some games. The comment that somebody made about us missing theplayoffs because kobe tired to hard in the 3rd was real stupid.

But I still don't understand why some folks are just going to say the spurs are better then us. They were better then us for ONE half. I don't carewhat anybody tells me. When we are complete we are the best team in the west and our record proved that when we were healthy. Yeah we are going through theinjury bug again but we will get through this. When we make it to the WCF I don't want to hear anything from the haters. If the spurs are there so be it.If we are 100% its going 7. The spurs are not the same invincble team they were and hell they were a call or 2 away from not being in the finals.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Are you blind? Shut up.
My fault.

I understand your point on people changing their opinion's on the team after some games. The comment that somebody made about us missing the playoffs because kobe tired to hard in the 3rd was real stupid.

But I still don't understand why some folks are just going to say the spurs are better then us. They were better then us for ONE half. I don't care what anybody tells me. When we are complete we are the best team in the west and our record proved that when we were happy. Yeah we are going through the injury bug again but we will get through this. When we make it to the WCF I don't want to hear anything from the haters. If the spurs are there so be it. If we are 100% its going 7. The spurs are not the same invincble team they were and hell they were a call or 2 away from not being in the finals.
So far...you're the only guy I agree with here...

Originally Posted by tupac003

Are you blind? Shut up.
My fault.

I understand your point on people changing their opinion's on the team after some games. The comment that somebody made about us missing the playoffs because kobe tired to hard in the 3rd was real stupid.

But I still don't understand why some folks are just going to say the spurs are better then us. They were better then us for ONE half. I don't care what anybody tells me. When we are complete we are the best team in the west and our record proved that when we were healthy. Yeah we are going through the injury bug again but we will get through this. When we make it to the WCF I don't want to hear anything from the haters. If the spurs are there so be it. If we are 100% its going 7. The spurs are not the same invincble team they were and hell they were a call or 2 away from not being in the finals.

I get where you're coming from bro, I think with a 100% healthy team we can beat anyone.
Today, however, the Spurs were a better team

damn, thought we had 3rd q problems figured out

oh well, spurs are a good team.........hopefully we can get a win vs dallas

Originally Posted by ldea

I think I'd rather see Spurs in the Playoffs rather than Dallas if I were the Lakers.

And why is that? We have shown in the past with Smush as our point that Dallas isn't a problem and Kobe always torches them, the Spurs however are adifferent story.

co-sign, these mavs are built for the playoffs and the General is still experimenting the lineup he is gonna use in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by mario23407

co-sign, these mavs are built for the playoffs and the General is still experimenting the lineup he is gonna use in the playoffs.
I wouldn't say yall are built for the playoffs just yet. We all thought the same thing last year and we see how that turned out.

All I know is the second half of march and april are going to be interesting for us laker fans....Bynum and arzia should be back and we should be 100%Depending on how we hold up while they are gone we could be fighting for the playoffs or just fighting for seeding in the playoffs

7:57 Lamar feeds Kwame underneath, but it's not to be. The Lakers haven't scored in this second half yet while the Spurs have gone on an 8-0 run to open the second stanza. We're being subjected to various forms of Knight Rider-esque tunes every time the home team brings the ball down. Oh now they've switched it up to the CSI:Miami theme (yes I know thats a song by The Who, but they've sold their soul to the CSI devil and that's not to be forgiven even if Pete Townshend burns a guitar in my living room). It's kinda brutal, especially since everything is played at +20 decibels of whatever they play it at at Staples.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

7:57 Lamar feeds Kwame underneath, but it's not to be. The Lakers haven't scored in this second half yet while the Spurs have gone on an 8-0 run to open the second stanza. We're being subjected to various forms of Knight Rider-esque tunes every time the home team brings the ball down. Oh now they've switched it up to the CSI:Miami theme (yes I know thats a song by The Who, but they've sold their soul to the CSI devil and that's not to be forgiven even if Pete Townshend burns a guitar in my living room). It's kinda brutal, especially since everything is played at +20 decibels of whatever they play it at at Staples.
smh.gif

laugh.gif
I was laughing when they kept playing "Won't Get Fooled Again" every single time they brang it down the floor.
I like tht song though
nerd.gif

that 3rd quarter start killed us tonight
Lamar should've been a lot more aggressive with Finley on him
eyes.gif

and I don't care who we face in the playoffs...We can beat anyone when we are healthy

Ariza would have been nice for this game, not an integral part of the Lakers team overall, but a very integral part of their perimeter D. Need him for teamsthat can sharpshoot.

Back
Top Bottom