Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant wait for gilbert to dish the dirt on delonte and gloria
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I don't understand why people are acting like there are unwritten rules to being a professional athlete.

Bron isn't obligated to any of the stipulations yall all the sudden put around winning a ring...

if Wade Bosh and LeBron just signed to your favorite team you would'nt be saying a cot damn negative thing about this whole ordeal

I've always thought the MVP is a fixed media thing. not saying people who win never deserve them but if lets say brandon roy averged 29 7 and 8 and his team was the 8 seed and they got swept in the first round. Does he win? No prob not because he's not a superstar. So that is why I said he should not win the MVP because without Dwade that team wouldn't be on the level it is on now. The heat would be the 1-3 seed without LBJ. Lebron's numbers are going to be amazing considering he focases on passing and rebounding, but he won't get those numbers without being carried there by bosh and wade. Hence why it would be a fraud if he won. But i know in my head and heart that Stern and media want a new star to be created, so i think durant gets it. He's carrying that team night in and night out(not alone but you get the point)

I'm just saying he'll never be more than Kobe during the Shaq run... A glorified role player
grin.gif

jk... he's a #%%%@ for going to miami though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Check this (via Twitter)

laugh.gif

smh.gif

Gilbert owns Fathead &all LBJ fatheads are on clearance for 17.41. Benedict Arnold was born in 1741

mlm8ns.png

owner Dan Gilbert might cool down after having a night to digest LeBron James' departure, think again.
Fathead, the company owned by Gilbert that makes life-size wall graphics, has placed all James-related items on clearance. James' three life-size Fatheads, which were all priced at $99.99, have been trimmed down to $17.41 at Fathead.com.

If that price strikes you as peculiar, you're not alone. American Revolutionary War general Benedict Arnold, a traitor who defected to the British, was born in 1741.

After James announced his intention to play in Miami, Gilbert released a statement calling James' departure a "cowardly betrayal" and a "shocking act of disloyalty."

Link

roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Check this (via Twitter)

laugh.gif

smh.gif

Gilbert owns Fathead &all LBJ fatheads are on clearance for 17.41. Benedict Arnold was born in 1741

mlm8ns.png

owner Dan Gilbert might cool down after having a night to digest LeBron James' departure, think again.
Fathead, the company owned by Gilbert that makes life-size wall graphics, has placed all James-related items on clearance. James' three life-size Fatheads, which were all priced at $99.99, have been trimmed down to $17.41 at Fathead.com.

If that price strikes you as peculiar, you're not alone. American Revolutionary War general Benedict Arnold, a traitor who defected to the British, was born in 1741.

After James announced his intention to play in Miami, Gilbert released a statement calling James' departure a "cowardly betrayal" and a "shocking act of disloyalty."

Link

good looks, just copped.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

laugh.gif
I don't understand why people are acting like there are unwritten rules to being a professional athlete.

Bron isn't obligated to any of the stipulations yall all the sudden put around winning a ring...

if Wade Bosh and LeBron just signed to your favorite team you would'nt be saying a cot damn negative thing about this whole ordeal
QFT. This is sickening. Lebron was not bound to Cleveland and it's populace by some sacred, unwritten vow. He was a free agent looking for the best team to play with, and that team was clearly the Miami. Dan Gilbert can hurl classless denunciations all he wants. The reality is he did not provide Lebron with the caliber of teammates he needed to win a ring, and consequently Lebron took his quest for a ring elsewhere. 

Check this (via Twitter)

laugh.gif

smh.gif

mlm8ns.png

Link

laugh.gif

Sorry, I know i sound stupid...

but can someone tell me how Lebron betrayed his hometown by signing with the Heat?

I don't follow basketball at all..and im completely clueless on why everyone hates lebron for not re-newing his contract with the Cavs.

Lebron played for the cavs for 7(?) years..and decided to go to a team that has a high chance of helping him win a championship..I don't really see the problem?

Someone enlighten me! I'm tired of seeing all these FB statuses of "omg lebron! how could you?!?!" without knowing what the eff is going on.
laugh.gif

Thanks!

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Check this (via Twitter)

laugh.gif

smh.gif

Gilbert owns Fathead &all LBJ fatheads are on
clearance for 17.41. Benedict Arnold was born in 1741

mlm8ns.png

owner Dan Gilbert might cool down after having a night to digest
LeBron James' departure, think again.
Fathead, the company owned
by Gilbert that makes life-size wall graphics, has placed all
James-related items on clearance. James' three life-size Fatheads, which
were all priced at $99.99, have been trimmed down to $17.41 at
Fathead.com.

If that price strikes you as peculiar, you're not
alone. American
Revolutionary War general Benedict Arnold, a traitor who defected to the
British, was born in 1741.

After James announced his intention to play in Miami, Gilbert released a
statement calling James' departure a "cowardly betrayal" and a
"shocking act of disloyalty."

Link

roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Just copped 2
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Sorry, I know i sound stupid...

but can someone tell me how Lebron betrayed his hometown by signing with the Heat?

I don't follow basketball at all..and im completely clueless on why everyone hates lebron for not re-newing his contract with the Cavs.

Lebron played for the cavs for 7(?) years..and decided to go to a team that has a high chance of helping him win a championship..I don't really see the problem?

Someone enlighten me! I'm tired of seeing all these FB statuses of "omg lebron! how could you?!?!" without knowing what the eff is going on.
laugh.gif

Thanks!

In short, he played all these teams by making them think they had a legit shot when he made his decision days ago.

With the press conference, imagine if your girl took you to jerry springer to tell you she's leaving you and and banging a ******.

Basically, not what he did, but how he did it, is the real beef people have. 

Realest thing I've read in the past two days, courtesy of Cleveland Indians beat writer, Anthony Castrovince:
Trust the art, not the artist.

Don't wear another man's name on your back, and don't assume a multimillionaire athlete, no matter his birthplace or public sentiments, really knows or understands your plights or truly appreciates your passion.

To some degree (for some, impressively infinitesimal, and for others, enormously incalculable), we're all looking out for ourselves. Unfortunately, a select few have the platform to do so on the grandest scale, with millions at the mercy of their erraticism and ego.

These athletes you follow and I write about? Many of them are good men and women with moral virtue and correct convictions. And, as in our world beyond the ballpark or stadium or arena, many are not. They all spend their adult lives playing a child's game. Applaud those who do so dynamically, and respect those who use their platform for some greater good. But don't fall in love. Don't ever assume your loyalty will be returned.

Love the game. Love the experience. Share it with your kids, and celebrate or commiserate with your neighbors. Trust the art, not the artist. The art will endure; the artists come and go.

Damn watching that spectacle was so weird to me. Lebron looked mad uncomfortable and everything he was saying didn't really make sense. Like he didn't really have an explanation for anything. No smile, everything was just awkward. The whole time I was thinking "is this real life?" I don't think bron fully understands how everything will change from here on out. He thinks he can just go back and live in akron, hahahahaha. I don't think even he believes he made the right decision.

Originally Posted by John2st

DID SOMEONE JUST MENTION THE HAWKS AND BOBCATS AND THE TERM COMPETITIVE IN THE SAME CONVO? you can't be serious. Lebron should of went to either his team(cavs). or better yet i can care less about clev. but he could of went to the bulls and teamed with boozer to go against wade and bosh. and against dwight and the magic, and against the original big3. that would of been competitive. Not going there, and take the easy route. That is why i pray for his failure, i'm not a hater. He is an amazing player in the regular season for the first 45 minutes of any game. The road to greatness is not supposed to be easy whatsoever, and by doing this it proves that he is a coward. No one is saying he had to stay with the cavs, he should of for legacy, but he could of started over and been the star on a different better team. Now he is exposed and proved to the world that he doesn't wanna put any team on his shoulders.

What if we applied this logic to everyday life. I guess the majority of white america should give up what they have seeing the road for them was easy seeing just about every advantage, this country etc was built by labor of minorities and have paved a easy life for the most part. With the exception of those who have self-inflicting wounds and take the priviledges for granted and lose them all ie. lack of education, drug abuse, criminal acctivities (and actually going to jail for it) etc....

Originally Posted by John2st

DID SOMEONE JUST MENTION THE HAWKS AND BOBCATS AND THE TERM COMPETITIVE IN THE SAME CONVO? you can't be serious. Lebron should of went to either his team(cavs). or better yet i can care less about clev. but he could of went to the bulls and teamed with boozer to go against wade and bosh. and against dwight and the magic, and against the original big3. that would of been competitive. Not going there, and take the easy route. That is why i pray for his failure, i'm not a hater. He is an amazing player in the regular season for the first 45 minutes of any game. The road to greatness is not supposed to be easy whatsoever, and by doing this it proves that he is a coward. No one is saying he had to stay with the cavs, he should of for legacy, but he could of started over and been the star on a different better team. Now he is exposed and proved to the world that he doesn't wanna put any team on his shoulders.

What if we applied this logic to everyday life. I guess the majority of white america should give up what they have seeing the road for them was easy seeing just about every advantage, this country etc was built by labor of minorities and have paved a easy life for the most part. With the exception of those who have self-inflicting wounds and take the priviledges for granted and lose them all ie. lack of education, drug abuse, criminal acctivities (and actually going to jail for it) etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom