Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the nature of online only launches, you would have to do a little more work to get your discount applied to the shoes. Do what works best for you.
EastbayRep - Ray
So will the money that's taken off for my discount be credited back to the source payment? And if so usually how long does that take

Yeah...but Denim is also a material, not a color. You can't really knock the Corks for being like that and then turn around and like something else that's executed the exact same type of way :lol:

Denim is dyed
Yes, it's dyed a color, but by itself? It's a material, just like Cork or whatever else you wanna name. Just cuz something's denim doesn't mean it's gonna be a specific color. I'm not hating on the dude's taste, but if you're gonna say something's bad cuz it's not a color, but a material, at least be consistent.

Just went and peeped the Lava's at my local plug, they are alright but definitely dont hold a candle to the Mango's and no jeweled swoosh = boo boo.  Might trade all the Lebron X's I've copped to this point.  

Friend offered me pair of Galaxy foams for my Windchill's, Jades, Floridians plus my L8 Sprites, think Im gonna have to take it.
I think that might be a solid trade. The only one that would hurt me to let go is the Sprites.
I'm bout to ask a honest question...what's more important when it comes to shoes...It's rarity/ value or how much they cost??? I mean, them Foams were clearly Super Limited @ a price of $220 not including tax, but the Windchill's (I'm assuming the +Ready version), Jades, Floridians (I'm assuming the 9's) plus the Sprites combine retail for $680 not including tax...4 shoes for one shoe, Damn...LOL

I'm bout to ask a honest question...what's more important when it comes to shoes...It's rarity/ value or how much they cost??? I mean, them Foams were clearly Super Limited @ a price of $220 not including tax, but the Windchill's (I'm assuming the +Ready version), Jades, Floridians (I'm assuming the 9's) plus the Sprites combine retail for $680 not including tax...4 shoes for one shoe, Damn...LOL
Yea totally agree, you've got an amazing LeBron collection. Would be painful to see them go just for those galaxies...

Lavas are ok. Anyone that has both + and reg, do they feel different while playing basketball?  Comfort wise, forefoot response etc?  Have the pressures but may get the carbons for outdoors.

So how would you guys rate the LeBrons that have dropped thus far? Crown Jewels, Jades, USAs, Windchills, Pressure, Heat Away, Lava, Dunkman, Floridian Away, Carbons.

So you bought the ugliest colorway so far(as you call the Floridans), even though you thought they were ugly?
Yup, totally, for the most part I line up all releases I think I'm interested in and pre-order from a plug here and there.  I didn't even seen em before I bought em but I had a friend ask me for a pair so thought why not.  Copped pretty much everything in November and decide what stays after.  if I want I keep, and if not, flip.  I've learned that its better to need to resell something then regret not grabbing pairs at release...  

So how would you guys rate the LeBrons that have dropped thus far? Crown Jewels, Jades, USAs, Windchills, Pressure, Heat Away, Lava, Dunkman, Floridian Away, Carbons.
To me:

Crown Jewels/USAs
Jades
Lava
Pressures
Dunkman
Floridian
Carbons
Windchills
Heat Away

That said, I've seen them all in person and tried on the Xs (they feel amazing on feet), but I don't personally own a single pair of Xs as of now. If nothing else wows me in 2013, I might go after the USAs or Crown Jewels if that price ever dips (unlikely).

Last edited:
LeBron James wearing the charcoal/total orange-black Nike LeBron X last night.

More of photos like this one of LeBron and other NBA players can be seen here.

I think that might be a solid trade. The only one that would hurt me to let go is the Sprites.
Yeah I always will take a trade like this, because I can go buy any of those again anytime, harder to say that with the more expensive & limited kick.

To me:
Crown Jewels/USAs
Jades
Lava
Pressures
Dunkman
Floridian
Carbons
Windchills
Heat Away
That said, I've seen them all in person and tried on the Xs (they feel amazing on feet), but I don't personally own a single pair of Xs as of now. If nothing else wows me in 2013, I might go after the USAs or Crown Jewels if that price ever dips (unlikely).
Yeah true 4 shoes for 1, I am definitely offering up a good amount of value but something to consider: Replacement Value!  Some shoes are so difficult to replace, either they are very limited, often replicated, resell value, etc.  If I want to go buy a pair of Galaxy Foams, probably gonna cost me around $800 and up.  Plus I have to find them, a seller I want to deal with, legit check, ect.  Its a pain in the *** right?  If I want to replace any of those 4 Lebrons, I can easily go cop any one of em, and 2 of em for below retail.

Galaxy Foams >>>> Windchills $200 retail, Jades $180 retail, Floridians $180 retail, & Sprites id say going rate is around $250. 

Yeah I always will take a trade like this, because I can go buy any of those again anytime, harder to say that with the more expensive & limited kick.
I'd probably take that trade too if you want the foams real badly, and likewise, the Sprites would be the one pair that'd be hard for me to let go. Those 4 pairs might retail for $680 or however much (assuming you got them all for retail), but the foams go for about 800-1K, at least right now, so you'd be getting back some value if you end up not liking them and can flip them. And like you said, I think everything else is easily gettable again if you want them down the road. I'm definitely more about having fewer pairs I love instead of just a whole of bunch of stuff in my collection/rotation that I just feel alright about.

Last edited:
Yea totally agree, you've got an amazing LeBron collection. Would be painful to see them go just for those galaxies...
Its only painful to get rid of shoes when you know how hard it is to replace.  It took a lot of hustling to get some Yeezy's so if I have to let those go, it would be HARD.  Same thing for some Kobe Grinches because they are just so hard to find.  These Lebron X's not so much...

Besides, I still have my Mango & Miami Vice 9's which I take over any X so far.

I'd probably take that trade too if you want the foams real badly, and likewise, the Sprites would be the one pair that'd be hard for me to let go. Those 4 pairs might retail for $680 or however much (assuming you got them all for retail), but the foams go for about 800-1K, at least right now, so you'd be getting back some value if you end up not liking them and can flip them. And like you said, I think everything else is easily gettable again if you want them down the road. I'm definitely more about having fewer pairs I love instead of just a whole of bunch of stuff in my collection/rotation that I just feel alright about.
THIS!  When I got my first pair of Yeezy's I had like 40 ds/near ds J's, Lebrons, KD's & Kobe's.  But you know I never really was that hyped to rock most of it so they stayed DS and I probably had like 6-8 kicks I really LOVED rocking.  And then when i rocked yeezys, I was like walking in the clouds.  I never looked at those other kicks the same anymore and I immediately started flipping ANY pair that I wasnt excited to wear.  Since then, I constantly build up new kicks but most of the time Im just waiting to flip a bunch to cop whatever my real grails might be...

Yeah, I feel ya' on that...I'm tryna cut down on my collection right now...But, like you said, the Sprites alone is easily the shoes that makes or break this trade...I'm still lookin for a pair myself. But, for ish' and giggles, lol...Who's winning in this trade right here...LeBron 9 "South Beach" ($250+) for the Kobe VII "WTK" ($140+)???

mamba4ever - well in any case you should take the trade. All those other shoes are easily replaceable and you don't need/want to replace the Floridans anyway so there you go.

Yeah, I feel ya' on that...I'm tryna cut down on my collection right now...But, like you said, the Sprites alone is easily the shoes that makes or break this trade...I'm still lookin for a pair myself. But, for ish' and giggles, lol...Who's winning in this trade right here...LeBron 9 "South Beach" ($250+) for the Kobe VII "WTK" ($140+)???
Value wise they are pretty close with the Miami Vice possibly having some slight value advantage.  From a production standpoint, WTK way more limited and I would take the WTK all day, favorite 7 CW no question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom