Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
sitting.....

Is this abnormal to you? You have to understand that these are $180 sneakers and most people have the sense to wait for a markdown of some sort or at the very least a 'buy one get the other half off' promotion.
Word.

Everybody that walks into FTL, FL, CS or FA isn't a sneakerhead. Especially after tax these shoes are $200 - $225. Lebron is big, don't get me wrong, but he's still not an athlete that can sell out $200 sneakers on every release, only Jordan can, and he's been retired for 9 years.

I went to Footlocker a couple of days ago and the chick told me they have tons of Pressures in stock, there just not moving because of price. She said "a lot of kids like them, but the price is just too steep". We still in a bleeding economy right now, and unless Nike starts tagging every Lebron 'limited', these kicks are NOT going to move.

the sock liner and tongue look fake from what i can see, but thats a terrible picture to be able to really tell a whole lot

the sock liner and tongue look fake from what i can see, but thats a terrible picture to be able to really tell a whole lot

That's what I thought. The angle makes it tough. But the sock liner, tongue, and laces def look fake to me.

I have to agree with u on that. Colors u don't see together and they are executed perfectly. The 3M and chalk graphic is cool and unique too. An amazing shoe. :smokin
I have to say, a lot of the concepts and colorways for the 6 were done well, unlike the 10 so far.
That's how I feel. I think 6s have the most creative/well put together cws of the whole line.
And I agree if you sleep on the Jades for too long I believe they'll be gone. MN 9s were in stores for 2 months after release date and look at them now.

^the way the nsw pairs are, they are thin too. looks fake, but could be some type of nsw if you are hoping they are real.

NEW PICS OF THE XMAS 10S LOOK WAAAAYYYY BETTER.... STILL THAT STICKER NIKE CHECK=FAIL.... YOU CANT PLACE A DIAMOND CHECK ON THESE THEN SLAP A CHEAP LOOKING CHECK ON THE SAME SHOE AND TRY TO SELL IT TO ME FOR 180...ILL STICK A NIKE SOCK IN MY MOUTH IF I COP A PAIR OF THESE CHEAP JOINTS DOWN THE LINE...

THE AGGRAVATION WITH THE LEBRON 10 COLORWAY IS DANGEROUSLY SIMILAR TO THE LACKLUSTER VIII COLORWAYS:smh:

They are indeed fake without a doubt. But..................if they do release a similar color scheme with that same material,would easily be the best colorway on these. Call me a hypebeast!! Lol.
It's a damn shame when a fake looks way better than the ish already released. 
eyes.gif

Ok guys, please help me out with this situation. I'll be the first to say it, that I'm an idiot for believing these were real at the time. I was in a rush to double up on these for a good price, I should have seen the red flags now that I look back on it. But even saying that, I still think the seller is wrong here and should take these back/pay for my shipping.

First of all, here are a few of the photos he listed in the eBay auction.

1. View media item 135707
2. View media item 135708
3. View media item 135709
4. View media item 135710
This was the description:
** Nike Lebron 10 “Gold Medal” Size 13 **

For those who don't know these are the shoes LeBron wore in the Gold Medal Game this past Summer Olympics.

The Nike LeBron X basketball shoe includes Flywire technology tightens during quick cuts and sudden changes of direction, enhancing support and lockdown when you need it. Hyperfuse construction provides lightweight breathability, durability, and stability. A full-length, visible Nike Zoom unit delivers a perfect combination of impact protection and responsiveness. Lightweight Phylon midsole adds another layer of cushioning and comfort. Solid rubber outsole with modified herringbone pattern.

Worn 3 Times these do not include the nike + or Box.
100% Authentic or money back.
========================================================

Here are some actual photos of the shoes next to my DS Authentic pair from NTNYC. (size 14 though)

Guide:
Top Left = Right Foot FAKE (sz 13)
Bottom Left = Left Foot AUTHENTIC (sz 14)
Top Right = Left Foot Authentic Pressure (sz 13)
Middle Right = Left Foot FAKE (sz 13)
Bottom Right = Left Foot AUTHENTIC (sz 14)

1. View media item 135712
2. View media item 135714
3. View media item 135715
4. View media item 135716
5. View media item 135717
6. View media item 135718THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. View media item 135719
As you can all clearly tell, there are a TON of things wrong with these "GMs"...So I shoot the guy a message on eBay telling him that they are fake and requesting that he pays to ship them back and refund my money since it clearly said in his ad that they were 100% authentic or "money back".

He responds to my message with:
Hello Sir, these LeBron's are not fake in no way shape or form. If you would like to call me with any questions please do so at XXX-XXX-XXXX. In the description I said that they were the non-Nike plus version i asked answered several questions about this idem and i specified they did not come with them. I picked these up from Footlocker earlier this fall. They never did the release on this version. This type of shoe released is also called a sample. The item was described as a non-Nike+ shoe and it is exactly what you described to me. Without the lace locks without the box or without any of the extras. Please call me if you need something. It's taken plenty of effort for me to sell the shoe I don't want to do this again you got what you want the shoe spacifically explained in the description and if it's not what it is in the description and we have a problem but it is exactly the way that I described the item. I'd love to cooperate with you and work out something. But I'm the seller in this situation and I know I'm responsible for disclosing what idem is and everything which I did.

==========================================

So a few things jump out at me from his response.
1. He actually seems to think these are legit
2. He says they are a Sample. (To my knowledge, samples always say "SAMPLE" on the size tag inside the shoe. His do NOT say SAMPLE.
3. The production date seems INSANE and IMPOSSIBLE to believe. His say 7/21/10 - 8/28/10. My AUTHENTICS say 3/14/12 - 5/31/12.....how could these shoes have been made YEARS ago? Did Gentry really have these designed before the IX's??? LOL
4. He says he described them as a "non-Nike+ shoe" but in reality he just said that they do not "come with the nike +". I believe he was intentionally being vague in his wording, which is why it led me to believe that the shoes did actually come with the sport kit but he was just keeping it. (I assumed so that he could use it on future X "enabled" releases.)
5. He did not answer any questions about the shoe in the listing. So what you see in the description/photos is exactly what I got. No mention of lack of lacelocks or the fact that the shoe is FREAKING tiny compared to my size 13 Pressures (pictured above).

My question to you NT Fam is, is there ANY possible way that these could actually be samples/authentic/legit? All signs in my book are pointing to NO and I believe I will have a case for eBay/Paypal. Admittedly I've never had to file one of these before so I'm not sure how I would have to Prove these are fake. Can anyone shed some light on any of this for me? What would you guys do? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much and I apologize for the huge post. I assume I'll get a few .gif "not reading all that" etc, but this was a valuable lesson for me and one I hope you all don't ever make. Take your time and make sure shoes are legit before you pull the trigger!

He is lying out of his mind. Nike initially said there would be a combo of Zoom Air and Max Air... that fake pair is mimicking an Air Max bag. If there were samples, then it wouldn't look fake like that crap.

He is lying out of his mind. Nike initially said there would be a combo of Zoom Air and Max Air... that fake pair is mimicking an Air Max bag. If there were samples, then it wouldn't look fake like that crap.

Thanks, the more info I can get like this, the better. I'd love to record the phone call when I tell him the 90 things that are wrong with what he is claiming. Repped

Thanks, the more info I can get like this, the better. I'd love to record the phone call when I tell him the 90 things that are wrong with what he is claiming. Repped

I'm not an expert on the X's by any means, but those are either B-grade (and even that's pushing it), or far more likely they're fake. I'm sure this seller wasn't counting on someone having a pair of their own to compare to, and some of the differences wouldn't be as readily apparent if they weren't side by side. The color difference in the laces, the backwards flag on the (medial?) side, and especially the production date on the tags is too much of a difference to just be random differences in production. If the seller doesn't work with you, ebay will definitely refund you in this case. Most people forget that selling fakes and passing them off as authentic isn't just a **** thing to do, it's also illegal. Also the difference in sizing seems... extreme, although I remember the IXs having a pretty wild sizing difference in different colorways of the same shoe.

I'm not an expert on the X's by any means, but those are either B-grade (and even that's pushing it), or far more likely they're fake. I'm sure this seller wasn't counting on someone having a pair of their own to compare to, and some of the differences wouldn't be as readily apparent if they weren't side by side. The color difference in the laces, the backwards flag on the (medial?) side, and especially the production date on the tags is too much of a difference to just be random differences in production. If the seller doesn't work with you, ebay will definitely refund you in this case. Most people forget that selling fakes and passing them off as authentic isn't just a **** thing to do, it's also illegal. Also the difference in sizing seems... extreme, although I remember the IXs having a pretty wild sizing difference in different colorways of the same shoe.

Thank you for your input. It's really helpful. :nerd:

I believe the wild size differences in IX's were from the mids compared to lows/elites? I typically wear 13's in lows/elites and 13.5/14 in mid IX's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom