Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

I think they were 290 cause it came with that sports pack. Even then, it was considered a lot... I guess I wouldn't say getting 5 pairs of $240-290 sneakers is a robbery 
nobody used that sports pack which is why they got rid of it :lol:. 290 is a great price and the other lower prices he got are a robbery

sports pack sells for ~$80-$100 at one point on ebay. i've said before it is one of my fave shoes so i can understand getting 1 pair or 2 (if thats your thing)... but the thing is these gold medal x's do not resell. i just don't understand getting 4-5 pairs especially at 270 and 290

I think they were 290 cause it came with that sports pack. Even then, it was considered a lot... I guess I wouldn't say getting 5 pairs of $240-290 sneakers is a robbery 

Kinda because of that ^^^ Lewi BUT more so because with 5 pairs of a shoe that's damn near indestructible but has been proven to yellow, at what point do you even get to wear pair 3, 4, or 5 before they are urine flavored?

I know you're one to cash the Lewi out but $250+ on a sneaker isn't stealing. It's like cool, got them for Nike's overprice. Just my opinion, what counts is that you are happy. It is your money.

sports pack sells for ~$80-$100 at one point on ebay. i've said before it is one of my fave shoes so i can understand getting 1 pair or 2 (if thats your thing)... but the thing is these gold medal x's do not resell. i just don't understand getting 4-5 pairs especially at 270 and 290

Logic is flawed and tell me where you could find any ds pairs for $270-290 (tho he paid $240 for others) before this outlet drop.
USAs were one of the higher priced X on the resell market.

Logic is flawed and tell me where you could find any ds pairs for $270-290 (tho he paid $240 for others) before this outlet drop.
I didn't say you could get them DS because there weren't that many pairs (I think). They were the higher priced X's but that's cause the retail was so much. They never moved. 

I didn't say you could get them DS because there weren't that many pairs (I think). They were the higher priced X's but that's cause the retail was so much. They never moved. 

Um ok.

Yeah if you know of anyone who paid the $600 or $500 asking price for these, lemme know. These didn't resell well and they won't resell well. So the only point I'm making is that getting 5 pairs of them is like tying up $1200 to either wait till they go yellow or break even. I don't know this guy maybe he has a ton of money and likes to keep 5 pairs of shoes he really likes or is giving them to family. But it isn't a robbery-- just getting them at retail without the sports pack. 

Yeah if you know of anyone who paid the $600 or $500 asking price for these, lemme know. These didn't resell well and they won't resell well. So the only point I'm making is that getting 5 pairs of them is like tying up $1200 to either wait till they go yellow or break even. I don't know this guy maybe he has a ton of money and likes to keep 5 pairs of shoes he really likes or is giving them to family. But it isn't a robbery-- just getting them at retail without the sports pack. 

:rofl:
Commenting on dudes finances and completely missing the beauty of the situation. He got multiples of a shoe he wants for retail or less 2 YEARS after they dropped.

I guess we are talking apples to oranges. You said they never moved, i was thinking you meant via retailers. I don't study resell markets well enough to know what moves at what price, not into that business.

I guess we are talking apples to oranges. You said they never moved, i was thinking you meant via retailers. I don't study resell markets well enough to know what moves at what price, not into that business.

USAs definitely were moving for above retail. That's why everyone that got them was happy to drop the $200 or so for a pair from the outlet. A chance to get them for much below market.

Damn this thread getting a lot of action today.

As far as the yellowing on the Gold Medals, I thought it was just the vents that are vulnerable to the problem. And as long as they are stored in the right conditions, I thought the yellowing can be prevented. Anybody have any tips or better advice if I'm mistaken

Last edited:
Damn this thread getting a lot of action today.

As far as the yellowing on the Gold Medals, I thought it was just the vents that are vulnerable to the problem. And as long as they are stored in the right conditions, I thought the yellowing can be prevented. Anybody have any tips or better advice if I'm mistaken
Yeah it's pretty much just the vents that yellow, the rest of the upper is basically fine. I personally don't do anything particularly special to store my pair. In general, I try to store my sneakers in a dark and cool environment, but otherwise i just wear them and enjoy them cuz some yellowing is bound to happen no matter how well you store them.

Yeah it's pretty much just the vents that yellow, the rest of the upper is basically fine. I personally don't do anything particularly special to store my pair. In general, I try to store my sneakers in a dark and cool environment, but otherwise i just wear them and enjoy them cuz some yellowing is bound to happen no matter how well you store them.
Thanks, out of reps right now but will come back and rep later

To each their own but I will never understand buying 4-5 pairs of one CW... this isn't an attack on anyone either, but with as many models as I assume people own, and multiple cws of said models, do yall just stash them and then look at them occasionally or post collection pics for reps?

To each their own but I will never understand buying 4-5 pairs of one CW... this isn't an attack on anyone either, but with as many models as I assume people own, and multiple cws of said models, do yall just stash them and then look at them occasionally or post collection pics for reps?

I wear EVERYTHING I have but I don't even double up. Can't bring myself to do it. Never get around to wearing that other pair.

But some people like actual collecting or maybe having trade bait down the road. Lewi doing his thing so can't speak for his reasoning but either way HE is good with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom