Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

One thing I'm confused by about those Iron Man customs for Lebron... Why would he go to Mache? That's not to say Mache isn't awesome, but why couldn't he simply just go directly to Nike to have someone make the shoes for him?
Nike doesnt have the massive extensive team many think they do workingon Lebrons Line.

They have an apparel dept and they have JP and a PLM working on his footwear.

The PLM works with JP to come up with Concepts.  They also have a color designer who does up the in line (retail) colorways.

Mainly JP does up the colorways in his concepts and hopes Sales and Marketing runs with them.  He fights the good fight but it doesnt always happen.

They arent doing up iron man like printed concepts....BUT

To answer the question of cost to do it.. it would cost the same as it would All Star Faded colorways of the past or such.

Its called Sublimation... they do it with Jerseys and can do it with sneakers... not a big task at all if you are familiar with the procedure and the textile industry.

What's y'all opinion on the blk/red away colorway?
260.jpg

It seems like they stopped making any more $200 Lebron models since the Pressures.. all the colorways since then have been $180 flat swoosh. I actually get annoyed by the lace lock anyway, makes my laces too tight

It seems like they stopped making any more $200 Lebron models since the Pressures.. all the colorways since then have been $180 flat swoosh. I actually get annoyed by the lace lock anyway, makes my laces too tight

I believe Nike confirmed they are done with the Nike+ model with the X.

I think the + enabled models were not as profitable for NIKE

Pressures are indeed better. That icey sole...

I copped for collection purposes.

Anyone getting the Dolphin/setting colorway? I'm passing.

i know what you are saying (nike+ models) but nike is definitely still selling $200 lebrons to us dummies (BHM and All Star lebrons) :rofl:

I think they should have done each colorway in X and X+ and gave people the option

I think they should have done each colorway in X and X+ and gave people the option

probably not financially efficient for them to create 2 versions of each considering how many colorways have released.

The majority of people either don't play sports or simply don't give a crap about that + tech.

Last edited:

The majority of people either don't play sports or simply don't give a crap about that + tech.

yea but id gladly pay the extra $20 for the jeweled swoosh if it was available.

Pretty cool customs, not my favorite work he has done tho...

Has anyone gotten their pair from Cali Roots? Curious to hear about these custom fees...

Back
Top Bottom