Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

tru knowledge good point, but on the real how fresh are these settings guna b with a fresh marino jersey WOO (trinidad james voice)

What I find interesting is that people complain about the retail prices.
They're all like, oh my god, nike wants 250 for the corks, jordan wants 250 for the jordan XX8s, the retro '88 white cements are 200, sports pack lebron Xs are 270, what the heck nike?
Then, when people don't get em at retail, theyre dropping 400 for the cements, 300+ for the XX8s, 800+ for the corks, crown jewels, USAs, special box pressures, 500 and up, all to resellers. Why do you think Nike can get away with it? There are always people who are gonna buy the shoes, no matter how expensive. I just find it funny how people complain about how Nikes shovin it up our assses with their retail, then turn around and drop double or triple retail for that same shoe. Keep that in mind next time you complain about Nikes prices
This is assuming that the same ppl upset with the prices are the exact same ppl who are willing to spend whatever resellers ask for the same shoe....which I think is a stupid assumption. Why do ppl continue to think this?

Not every one thinks the same as every one else does. Just speak for yourself

With that being said, I find it unlikely no matter how they look that Ill spend 285+ on the X elites. 

Last edited:
The people that complain about the constant price hikes aren't the people copping Corks for $800. They're the people damning Nike for making Corks limited while wishing the sneakergods had blessed them with a pair. :lol:

They're also the people that were passing on them from the jump.

Still Nike does what they does to their target demography. Sneakerheads. Cause they know we're not in our right mind buying up all these $200 kicks. And until we learn to just say no...nothing will change. Prices will continue to increase.

It is what it is.

The people that complain about the constant price hikes aren't the people copping Corks for $800. They're the people damning Nike for making Corks limited while wishing the sneakergods had blessed them with a pair.
laugh.gif

Still Nike does what they does to their target demography. Sneakerheads. Cause they know we're not in our right mind buying up all these $200 kicks. And until we learn to just say no...nothing will change. Prices will continue to increase.

It is what it is.
Reality is if Corks were $800 Retail, they'd still sell out in minutes.  Then you'd find them on ebay for $1800 10 minutes later.

There are ton of shoes on nikes website for less than $120 but nobody here wants them.

I need help. Someone with Cork's, please PM me the production dates. Are there fake Cork's even out there? Help me recognize a legit pair. THANKS!

The people that complain about the constant price hikes aren't the people copping Corks for $800. They're the people damning Nike for making Corks limited while wishing the sneakergods had blessed them with a pair. :lol:

It is what it is.
unfortunately Sneakerheads are NOT nikes targeted demographic...sneakersheads make a very small and insignificant impact to the overall bottom line at nike...it's a necessary evil in that it does build buzz for a line but trust..Phil Knight isn't keeping the private jet fueled on what NT wants needs or desires...

I read a report a few years ago, and I could be mistakin it's been so long, but the best selling product in the Nike line was the Cortez (or possible the AF1 can't remember) its not because of limited this or camp out that or resellers...it's cause these sneakers appeal to all demographics and more importantly there are no geographical biases...some little kid in Topeka Kansas got some beat down Cortez in his closet...and his mom buys him a fresh pair once a year...

Again...Nike is a wholesaler...yes they do have direct to consumer retail available...but the bulk of its business is done with FTL Corp..FNL Corp..Sports Authority... Even Federated (Macy's etc) is there customer....when they adjust the price it's cause THEY buck...not us...and yes part of it is they are unsure of there margins now if they have to pass the increase on...but went put in prospective....And I've said this before.. whole sealers don't make money on Corks... They make a KILLING off the fitted hat, socks, and tee that MATCH the corks....(and possibly those kicks for the wife or kid on the way out so you don't feel bad about dropping $300 on kicks for yourself)

Corks, limited, whatever...it's just to get you in the door...

i was hopin for another miami hurricanes cw but it looks likes they're goin with the terrible dolphins(yes im from miami yes im a dolphin fan and yes we're turrible) cw this year, what do u guys think Dolphins - or Hurricanes CW's ???

Both are garbage in my opinion. But this is coming from a FSU alum :lol:

unfortunately Sneakerheads are NOT nikes targeted demographic...sneakersheads make a very small and insignificant impact to the overall bottom line at nike...it's a necessary evil in that it does build buzz for a line but trust..Phil Knight isn't keeping the private jet fueled on what NT wants needs or desires...

I read a report a few years ago, and I could be mistakin it's been so long, but the best selling product in the Nike line was the Cortez (or possible the AF1 can't remember) its not because of limited this or camp out that or resellers...it's cause these sneakers appeal to all demographics and more importantly there are no geographical biases...some little kid in Topeka Kansas got some beat down Cortez in his closet...and his mom buys him a fresh pair once a year...

Again...Nike is a wholesaler...yes they do have direct to consumer retail available...but the bulk of its business is done with FTL Corp..FNL Corp..Sports Authority... Even Federated (Macy's etc) is there customer....when they adjust the price it's cause THEY buck...not us...and yes part of it is they are unsure of there margins now if they have to pass the increase on...but went put in prospective....And I've said this before.. whole sealers don't make money on Corks... They make a KILLING off the fitted hat, socks, and tee that MATCH the corks....(and possibly those kicks for the wife or kid on the way out so you don't feel bad about dropping $300 on kicks for yourself)

Corks, limited, whatever...it's just to get you in the door...

Disagree homie.....

Nike Basketball..... aka Lebrons, Kobes, KDs with all their colorways & packs
Nike Sportswear.... aka Gentry & his many Posites, Kanye & his Yeezy's......& so forth.
Jordan Brand...... aka Jordan retros aka 88' 3s, Royal 1s, Jordan 11s & $250 Jordan 28s to name just a few.

Basically the HIGH PRICED & HYPED ****.....

Your telling me the demographic that Nike is pinpointing for that stuff is kids in Topeka, Kansas?

If that kid is a sneakerhead.....then yes.

It's sneakerheads that are buying those shoes either for retail or from the resellers who beat them to the punch.

Last edited:
honestly, the only color thats selling for 280 something is the "hype" colorway. the other colors can be had for 100-200 with patience.

thats y im dont complaining about prices. just have to use jedi mindtricks to get better prices 8)

I'm glad there isn't a south beach color way for the 10s. I wish they would have kept that story with the 8s even tho I have both pairs.

I really can't wait for Lebron to go back to Cleveland :lol:

:nthat:
LMAO!!! Lebron and Wade ALWAYS get away with using that off hand to pull the jersey or body down during a block, HILARIOUS it NEVER gets called. Such a foul!
There's always a different set of rules for superstars. Is what it is. Only sucks that my team had to be on the other side of it.

People complained about the Lebron VI having too many colorways, then complained when the VII and VIII didn't release enough the following years.
Now they're finally giving us options again between many easily attainable CW's and id's and people are upset again :lol:
Honestly don't understand disapproval of how many CW's they release when you have the choice to just not buy them.

You like a colorway.....buy it.

You don't like a colorway....don't buy it.

You don't like any colorways.....go buy another shoe.

It's that simple. Stop the blood-clot whining! :lol:
:lol:

SMH at the cork hype. I personally don't think any shoe is worth more than retail considering a good portion of them end up at the clearance store. I do get suckered by the hype but only at retail prices.

Picked these nice floridians at the clearance store a couple weeks ago for a whopping $89...

View media item 299189
Lucky. Got my pair for about $130. Still my 2nd favorite after the Jades.

Got my main ones so far, I'll grab the Lavas if they somehow hit outlets. Settings look good, but I already have the Penny Vs and Doplhins Speed Turfs. Don't wanna load up on Doplhins colorways, lol.

$180 is about the MAX I am going on a shoe. Just opens up more doors for Kobe 8s and Kobe 8 Elites since they will likely be I'm that range.

Dolphins this weekend though, been looking forward to this color way.

$180 is about the MAX I am going on a shoe. Just opens up more doors for Kobe 8s and Kobe 8 Elites since they will likely be I'm that range.

Dolphins this weekend though, been looking forward to this color way.

if lebrons are 285 then the kobes will certain surpass the 180 price tag you mentioned.

Nike is going to get that red bottom money soon... No more footlocker, finishline.. Im copping my nike elites at Neimans!
glasses.gif

I have no problem with these price hikes because I'm not getting any of them. For 280 I'd buy something actually worth the price. Lol, let the losers, i mean "sneakerheads" .....pay those prices

Back
Top Bottom