Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

laugh.gif
 in their commitment to fairness they're just going to start randomly cancelling orders
They had every right to cancel mines. I'm not complaining at all. I'll admit that I did get multiples...

I just find it rather odd they started caring now. Why not cancel my previous orders? Maybe they got tired of all the complaints? I guess they aren't as money hungry as I thought
laugh.gif

PS

Don't be surprised if you see some restocked pairs of D.C Pre-heats
wink.gif

I applaud Nike for addressing this whole bot issue, but wouldn't it make more sense if they implemented a method to prevent orders placed via automation during the actual checkout process? Based on their statement (and the order cancelation screenshots people have been posting here) it seems like all orders will still go through, but could possibly be canceled after the fact if they suspect the customer purchased the sneakers via automation. Therefore, customers following the release procedures fairly will still miss out on release day to bots. The only difference is that they will now have a greater chance at picking up a canceled order when it (randomly) appears on NDC.

Last edited:
I applaud Nike for addressing this whole bot issue, but wouldn't it make more sense if they implemented a method to prevent orders placed via automation during the actual checkout process? Based on their statement (and the order cancelation screenshots people have been posting here) it seems like all orders will still go through, but could possibly be canceled after the fact if they suspect the customer purchased the sneakers via automation. Therefore, customers following the release procedures fairly will still miss out on release day to bots. The only difference is that they will now have a greater chance at picking up a canceled order when it (randomly) appears on NDC.
I think the only way to fully eliminate bots is by removing the FCFS aspect of RSVPs and TLO. Instead randomize results like raffle lotteries. This way it doesn't matter if I DM within microseconds or 5 minutes later. 

Just wanted to let you guys know, this is my sisters bf who has these as you can clearly go to my IG or his to see all these...

these are the tagged pics and proof is in the pudding... make sure you guys at least give credit to him for having them. Yes Henry put them up on twitter and IG but he gave him credit.... just FYI, b/c i dont want this crap getting out that it's some1 else... proof is all right here.... they are so sick though!
Henry Claims He Got It For Retail;

Lets See The Carfax. (If Its Sharable Information)

I think the only way to fully eliminate bots is by removing the FCFS aspect of RSVPs and TLO. Instead randomize results like raffle lotteries. This way it doesn't matter if I DM within microseconds or 5 minutes later. 
I think that's the best way...Only get one shot to type in everything correct, then just randomize the ppl that have the # correct and then of course by size.

I have thought about this as well. Would def eliminate these rsvp sites.

I have thought about this as well. Would def eliminate these rsvp sites.
yes. i say give a 5-10 min window once the tweet is sent, and then have a raffle from all the submitted names for each size, eliminating anyone who sends their name multiple times or only counting them 1 time. that would save people time, money, and stress, while also providing a fair system 

Henry Claims He Got It For Retail;

Lets See The Carfax. (If Its Sharable Information)
Brady Got These as a Gift from a family member.... that family member who I know told me what he paid for them, and the price tag shows it too.... no need to post the UPC & all that now & hurt his connect, ya know.... once they get posted from Nike & Stuff, he has others to put out, but yes for retail and yes the box price shows $500 MSRP.. not hate btw, just stating facts

yes. i say give a 5-10 min window once the tweet is sent, and then have a raffle from all the submitted names for each size, eliminating anyone who sends their name multiple times or only counting them 1 time. that would save people time, money, and stress, while also providing a fair system 

Agreed, but that would be way too long. Should be more like 90 seconds max

90 seconds is doable but id say atleast 2 mins. either way this type of system seems much more fair, but im sure someone would find a way to corrupt it

Brady Got These as a Gift from a family member.... that family member who I know told me what he paid for them, and the price tag shows it too.... no need to post the UPC & all that now & hurt his connect, ya know.... once they get posted from Nike & Stuff, he has others to put out, but yes for retail and yes the box price shows $500 MSRP.. not hate btw, just stating facts
Wow Cool

And in theory it shouldn't be that hard to develop. Their existing code already accepts and confirms DM. Insert code between the accept and confirmation steps and create an array of entries then randomly pick winners. Hell, if Nike put somebody on it now, it would be ready before Wednesday's RSVP for Hazelnuts.

As a person with no vested interest in this whole bot situation, I hope these steps that Nike has implemented make it fairer - when people are willing to spend $ just for a chance to spend $ on something else, something is wrong. Ball's in your court, bot people..

^ What steps? Nike has no definitive proof if a bot is used other than speculation. If Nike goes gung-ho on this policy, then I suspect there will be the same level of sodium. Only this time instead of "I lost out to bots" it will be "Nike cancelled my order and I didn't use a bot". But I guess we'll see if Nike is just blowing smoke come 7/3.

As a person with no vested interest in this whole bot situation, I hope these steps that Nike has implemented make it fairer - when people are willing to spend $ just for a chance to spend $ on something else, something is wrong. Ball's in your court, bot people..
in theory buying rsvps isnt a bad idea if youre in it for a profit. pay 20-40 for an rsvp on a limited shoe. 160-220 on the shoe, and resale is 400+. if you double up you make enough to cover all your expenses and get free limited shoes, or you sell both and stack. the competition between sites and services keeps prices fairly low and forces developers to always enhance their product. 

^ What steps? Nike has no definitive proof if a bot is used other than speculation. If Nike goes gung-ho on this policy, then I suspect there will be the same level of sodium. Only this time instead of "I lost out to bots" it will be "Nike cancelled my order and I didn't use a bot". But I guess we'll see if Nike is just blowing smoke come 7/3.
i wouldnt be suprised if nike oversold these on purpose and acted like the extra orders were cancelled because of "bot purchases" they could get away with it, make it look like theyre serious about the policy change and nobody would know. 

Back
Top Bottom