Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Are these release dates for the UK or US? What are the US Release Dates?

It's the UK dates and those are the 4th dates End has put up for the hazelnuts and denims, and 3rd date for the black nubucks. That is why we are strictly wanting and waiting for US confirmed release dates from Nike. It's getting close enough that when the date hits all of the blogs, it's most likely going to be the Nike announced RD. I don't know why people keep posting Ends release calendar in this thread and acting like its the first time it's been posted in here. Lol @ us not knowing who End is....we probably got every pair of their corks but 3 in this thread. Bunch of wrong dates in the blacked out portions as well.

I was surprised AUS had the Denim release and the UK was left out of that. I thought if they were going to have a separate day from the US it would have been the same for AUS and Euro. Anyway, C'mon Nike, announce them! And nice on feet of the crimsons dwood :smokin

Last edited:
so as stated before when the home elite X released several pages ago. its bad brand management for lebron to release a 300 dollar shoe and not even wear it in a game. :smh:

and for those that had rebuttals...i hate to say i told you so, but i told you so.

i know its game 2. but if he wasnt gonna get them in now...then when?

so as stated before when the home elite X released several pages ago. its bad brand management for lebron to release a 300 dollar shoe and not even wear it in a game. :smh:

and for those that had rebuttals...i hate to say i told you so, but i told you so.

Agreed, bad move from nike

if the 4 elite colorways were all team colorways that LeBron wears, they would outsell the 4 colorways that Nike decided to release this year, by far... IMO

isn't that the whole point of a players shoe anyways..wearing what he is wearing?

ik not everyone will agree tho.

edit: and i dont want to ID a pair that is "similar" to the ones he wears, i really only like official colorways. thats just me

Last edited:
No. Wearing what the player wore was the objective of Nike's Air Jordan line. Nike's experiment with the Lebron line is more of a psychological war. They are trying to release their very own custom version collaboration of Stockholm Syndrome and Battered Wife Syndrome. Creating a subconscious yearning for colorways that are never released while marketing colorways to settle on with a "limited" tag in hopes they boost sells of general releases and ensuring they have retro colorways that automatically sell out in the future. It...seems...to...be...working.

Honestly, have you EVER seen a player with a signature line that had soooo many colorways that are never released to the public?

Last edited:
No. Wearing what the player wore was the objective of Nike's Air Jordan line. Nike's experiment with the Lebron line is more of a psychological war. They are trying to release their very own custom version collaboration of Stockholm Syndrome and Battered Wife Syndrome. Creating a subconscious yearning for colorways that are never released while marketing colorways to settle on with a "limited" tag in hopes they boost sells of general releases and ensuring they have retro colorways that automatically sell out in the future. It...seems...to...be...working.

Honestly, have you EVER seen a player with a signature line that had soooo many colorways that are never released to the public?

I agree 100% with this. Obviously it was a different era when Jordan played, we didn't have all the social media where unreleased PEs could be shoved down our throats. I'm not a fan of the Kobe line(don't like low top hoop kicks) but I respect that fact that there isn't as much politics in his line like Lebron's. All the friends and family nonsense that eventually ends up on the black market is just nonsense.

Well, Kobe 8 did have the Amnesty's, ACLs and the grey/purple joints (+medical Mamba). Lebron's isn't any different. And if anything, NIKE (not Lebron) messed up in releasing the color ways. If anything, Lebron's choice of shoes highlights the Nike ID and the choice of the customer to choose what color they want to wear. The only "issue" is the extremely high cost to customize an Elite ID. But the real war is Nike trying to take advantage of the customer due to the current sneaker culture.

Remember all of the hoopla associated to the X prior to the release? It's the most expensive shoe ever. Well guess what, Nike has surpassed it with the Retro 88s, Foams, Chuckposites, Jordan XX8, X Elites, Kobe 8 Elites, etc.

My man rawdawg34, the LeBron line has always been like this. It started in '03 with the 'First Games' that were NOT the shoes he wore for his first NBA game. It's become progressively worse over the years so much so that Nike is releasing joints that the man himself has not put his feet in.

Nike marketing is at all time high or low depending what perspective you look at it - seeing as they are just slapping on nicknames, using hype and (somewhat) limited availability to move LeBron product. As someone who's been following this Nike product line I've always urged people to pick and choose wisely what they buy and especially what price they buy the product at. You can fool people some of the time but you can't fool them all the time - eventually they will come to their senses.

My man rawdawg34, the LeBron line has always been like this. It started in '03 with the 'First Games' that were NOT the shoes he wore for his first NBA game. It's become progressively worse over the years so much so that Nike is releasing joints that the man himself has not put his feet in.

Nike marketing is at all time high or low depending what perspective you look at it - seeing as they are just slapping on nicknames, using hype and (somewhat) limited availability to move LeBron product. As someone who's been following this Nike product line I've always urged people to pick and choose wisely what they buy and especially what price they buy the product at. You can fool people some of the time but you can't fool them all the time - eventually they will come to their senses.

I agree with this also, I don't own a single 10 mainly off of principle. I paid 100 and under for my v1 8s which I feel is a much better shoe than the 10. I won't even consider a pair if they aren't on sell for a good price. Also I felt they dropped the ball on so many of the colors. The elite price is a just slap in the face and is totally taking advantage of these new "sneakerheads" who have to every release right away.

I agree with this also, I don't own a single 10 mainly off of principle. I paid 100 and under for my v1 8s which I feel is a much better shoe than the 10. I won't even consider a pair if they aren't on sell for a good price. Also I felt they dropped the ball on so many of the colors. The elite price is a just slap in the face and is totally taking advantage of these new "sneakerheads" who have to every release right away.

Probably why I've skipped them all. It's too much for carbon fiber, lower profile, lighter shoe and heel improvements. It's not a $100 improvement.

And the X was definitely a disappointment except for a few color ways (Setting Sun, Lava, Jade, etc) and the EXTs. They should have come out with less color ways and dropped the Corks, Red Suedes, Denim, Hazelnut, etc in more quantities.

Back
Top Bottom