Official Lebron X Thread Vol. Early Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
As thapointguy and others have pointed out, visible Zoom Max is nothing new......and for the record, the LeBron 2 did use a version of Zoom Max.

But the air sole on these X's definitely looks like regular full-length Max to me.....at very least it looks like a hybrid, with Max on the outside of the bag and zoom in the middle. Whatever the case, they've definitely updated the tech.

At least we're hopefully getting a better Miami themed colorway

And please no South Beach or Miami Nights this year

Please come up with something different

My dude, South Beach and Miami Night themes are instant sellouts and generate hype for them. You can bet that they will drop those and some more.

At least we're hopefully getting a better Miami themed colorway

And please no South Beach or Miami Nights this year

Please come up with something different
My dude, South Beach and Miami Night themes are instant sellouts and generate hype for them. You can bet that they will drop those and some more.
I don't care about the hype colors, I'd just rather them do something like the Cannons again, rather than rehash the same teal/pink/etc. colors

Floridians is NOT scheduled to release...as of now...

The Air technology IS new...like someone has said...Zoom Air WITHIN an Air Max bag...

JM
I'm okay with those not releasing. On the other hand, I'm very excited to try these bad boys out. Sounds mad comfy.

If you think visible Zoom is a new tech you will be disappointed. Full length Zoom Air is new but definitely not visible Zoom. It has been done. Let's see how much better it will be in this day and age.
20070801172553899.jpg
Melo's have visible zoom air and i think they're a good performance shoe

Last edited:
Well now that we have official pics.....eh....maybe a better colorway on clearance for around $120 id cop.
I hate the 9 design wise and i think these are better just because they look more 8ish and i like the 8s.
Pro -
- I like the 360 air bag but i kinda wish they would have done something new. (lunar maybe?)
- I like the hyperfuse upper that leaves for good color blocking options
Cons -
- They look heavy
- The tongue tab looks dumb
- The middle piece of the toe box that overlaps the last lace looks dumb
- Nothing new. Hyperfuse was on the 8 V3. The 360 bag looks identical to the 8. The upper resembles 8 v2 + darwin.
- The big check is slightly obnoxious looking.
I know bron is a big guy so we won't ever see a low top light weight shoe, but why is nike basketball getting "cutting edge" technology (gimmicks) and bron isn't. I know these will be Nike+ enabled or whatever but I would have loved to see a lunar sole maybe some exposed flywire (basically an updated lunar hyperdunk). And I of course like everyone would have loved a full length zoom liner.
There is so much potential for a PG based shoe. I wish nike would get a marque PG and make a low top light weight full length zoom low top

I agree with everything said here except the comments on the design of the 9, but with that said... These are just hideous and have no originality. Add to that the plastic material they're using for the upper and how the **** does NIKE come up with $180??? Then $315 for NIKE+ version :x You have got to be kidding me... The only thing I like about them is the full zoom air unit... but what is a great sole without a great upper? I really can't accept these as a signature Nike Basketball sneaker... Especially for their "Main/Jordan-protoge" sig line! I feel nothing but a lot of disappointment with this "Lebron X" :smh:

Last edited:
Even Jordan had some sig shoes in his career that weren't embraced upon original release and some that still aren't really embraced in this day of hyper general releases. The Lebron X is like the Jordan 14 and 15, ugly as hell but potentially performance greats. I am incredibly disappointed in this years design. I refuse to believe this is the Sig, has to be a bait and switch Nike is pulling. Sad!

Even Jordan had some sig shoes in his career that weren't embraced upon original release and some that still aren't really embraced in this day of hyper general releases. The Lebron X is like the Jordan 14 and 15, ugly as hell but potentially performance greats. I am incredibly disappointed in this years design. I refuse to believe this is the Sig, has to be a bait and switch Nike is pulling. Sad!

My dude, Nike is using a combination of marketing and colourblocking to move a weak, almost cookie-cutter design.

I also want to point out that Jordan XV wasn't a strong performing shoe - as the lockdown it provided was insufficient.

I know they look heavy, but the fact the the entire upper is Hyperfuse makes them not. If you guys know shoes, you should know that the point of Hyperfuse is to blend multiple (in most cases, 3) materials together into one material to make the shoe light and durable the same time.

Last edited:
It never fails. When a new model is introduced everybody says whack/ugly but when those color combinations start coming out everybody loves them.

I'm sure you dont literally mean everybody but yeah most times it happens that way because colors tend to make the shoe. Most times the first pics we see are an away or home colorway of a simple black and red or white and red. Those are the shoes people call wack and they almost alway end up in outlets for the next 12 months. The ones people really like sell out almost instantly and hit sky high resell value but we dont see those until halfway into the shoes life cycle. The South Beach 8 and Blackout 8 were the same shoe but one sold out and the other sat in outlets. We ALWAYS see the wack color first so the first opinions on the shoe are almost always negative....make sense?

Last edited:
Oh god, I remember when EVERYONE (myself included) hated on the IXs and now history is repeating itself again. I am going to hold all judgement until more color ways and official pics come out. I can guarantee that most of you who bought the IXs will be the same ones buying the Xs, regardless of your opinion at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom