OFFICIAL Lebron Zoom Generation Post

I can see how that makes sense but I just have the feeling that since 99% of the limited pairs aren't being worn and being kept DS, that supply is gonna stay high for a LONG time.... add to the fact that I don't think they have a classic or timeless design to them.

Everyone with a pair of the Lebrons probably think they have a pair of OG AJ1s on their hands but the supply of the Lebrons outstrip supply of the AJ1s back in the day.

Its also worth noting that if you are thinking of putting your pairs of Lebrons "on ice" for 15 years or whatever, your $110 could be worth $303 (compounded annually at 7%) and thats risk-free. Say your Lebrons are worth $400 in 15 years, thats $93 "profit" you got over 15 years for all that effort.

Thats all my opinion obviously and I might be wrong.

^^^ True true, but i get to look at the shoes for 15 years, and at least i still make a profit in the worst case scenario you just described, its still more than puting it in the bank and earning on interest. Plus, once agin, you dun have the shoes to look at. Lets say you have 3 pairs, two pairs earn just 93 dollars down the road when you sell them after keeping them deadstock, that'll be 93 x 2 profit, meaning 186 dollars in total... not alot but at least you can say that you got the third pair to rock for free with some monery left to spare even!

Not to mention, these kicks might be worth a lot in 15 years time, or when lebron decides to retire... and for me at least, they form an invaluable part if i decide to start a collection of lebron shoes, just like the jordan 1s to all the jordan collectors out there... its not just all for profit you know :wink:
wink.gif

:lol:
laugh.gif

If shoes have moved from a hobby to a "game", its only a matter of time till it becomes a science!

We haven't even started on liquidity, non-diversifiable risk etc of everyone's Lebron "investments"

I'm a little tongue in cheek 'cos I reckon basketball shoes were made to be worn on the court and just don't understand the hording going on.

Sorry for going off topic!

On topic:

The limited edition Lebrons dropped in Sydney Australia the other day with 24 pairs available I think and retailed for Aust$330.

I bought my LJ's because they are sweet, I personaly don't wan to wear them now, although I do plan on doing it in the future, I plan on waiting for the regular release LJ's to wear now. Although as a collector, or reseller, these shoes are still sweet. a lot of us bought them because we like the shoes, and we like Lebron. At least I did. The one thing I do benefit from is this shoe is a good investment as well. wether they go up 10% or 80% in value, I am still glad I have two pair's.

the fact is... the shoes are quite ugly and half-baked...

if there are people out there that actually feel the shoes design, good for you, have a coke and a smile, and i cant say the rest...

but with these special editions, down the road, lebron can fall into 3 general categories...

1. flop/failure - obviously, he's doing quite the contrary and it seems that he will have a very bright future ahead of him, but maybe the limelight will get to him, or maybe, god forbid, a career ending injury and/or death. GOD FORBID.

2. mediocrity/starter - he's putting up good numbers right now, for a rookie, his age, it is spectacular. but what happens if that's it? his game stales, his lack of development on areas that need work. for what he's doing right now, option #3 looks the best, but hey, it could happen.

3. super stardom - he reaches the level where people automatically lock him in for a unanimous hall of fame berth. champagne flows from the heavens, angels sing a lebron chorus, he gets his own statue outside gund arena, etc. puts up spectacular numbers and leads his teams to success...

now, we know that people love shoes, and there are those people out there that buy shoes... to LOOK at them in a glass case.

if lebron flops, or just becomes a mediocre player, is the shoe gonna be desirable? quite possibly not... but the fact that it belonged to a limited edition release may give it a boost in price...

or what if nike, in their coorporate greed, release the air lebron 1 in a limited edition. and that the air lebron 1 may be one of the most amazing shoes ever made, the zoom generation may be forgotten.

basically, the point of this rant was to say NOTHING is for certain. maybe one day, we'll all wake up and say, "why the hell was i collecting shoes?!?!" or we decide to take a sniff of the foamposite material and pass out into a coma and die. what if, what if, what if...

and even with religious beliefs, this world may no longer exist in a few years... who knows when the apocalypse might occur? or who knows that in a few years, money won't matter and material possessions won't matter? or if some big time world war 3 (god forbid) occured and we had to resort struggling to live in our economy... do you really think you'll be taking care of those shoes?

sorry guys, i just felt like letting loose some emotion... for all i know, those shoes can be worth thousands in the future :rofl:
roll.gif

I need a card... is anyone willing to give theirs up?
unit[/b]
>the infamous PLAID-MAN<
forget pink, PLAID is the FAD​

Performance??? Anyone??? Also for the people saying how bad this design is and its nothing special...well thats true becuase NIKE has said that they just rushed to put this shoe together......
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

I rocked mine for a bball game and I have to say the grip is terrible; I was sliding all over the place. I did, however, tear it up that game but I don't know if it was the shoes or my crazy mad skills :smokin
smokin.gif
. Shoes are okay though nothing special about them at all.

true, but isnt 400-303=97?

jordanair45, are u joking??

everyday i pray that Dunks will be on NIKEiD

Another Lebron shoe is dropping the 28th, day after Thankyou day. don't have any details yet though.

Am I the first to say this? If not sorry.

-Cog

the Lebron that drops on the 28th is the AF1 correct? I heard theyre in some stores already and I see 2 different kinds on Ebay.
[/b]​

Quote:
I have a card for sale. I am looking for 100.00, the card is rarer than the shoes so if you want it bad then the bidding starts at 100.00.

Stuff like that makes Montemex sound like a hero.

So for all the cracks, Montemex, my bad homie.
[/b]

I need a card to keep with them since i plan on collect the white /red limited edition. Can someone give up there card if they are sportin them already. Please help me out.

I am interested if it is under $100 dollars.
Jordan45 what are u thinking LOL. :rofl:
roll.gif

Let me know if u have a card at:

abunike23@hotmail.com

AOL AIM abunike23

The Lebron Air Force One that launches on 28 November has a Burgundy/Maroon upper, White midsole, Tan/Khaki Swoosh, LJ23 logo embroidered on the side.
Jerry: She had hands...
Elaine: Man hands?
Jerry: The hands of a man.

I'm proud to say, thanks chien17 for my size 8 Lebrons. :D
happy.gif

JR5
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/font]

Back
Top Bottom