**Official Lil Wayne Thread ** **No Ceilings 2 drops Thanksgiving**

I gotta agree. Anyone who tells me C3 was Waynes best album realistically can't talk about Waynes music with me.

That Carter 3 and after fall off is huge in terms of quality

Lol I'm sayin.

How did you become a wayne fan?

Lollipop? A Milli? :lol:

In my opinion Wayne has dug himself into a hole.

He could drop something fire, beat on point, sticks to the subject with solid lyrics but I feel people would still say its "just okay" because it is Wayne.

This hole you speak of is true.

But this new d'usse record is hot garbage and Drake carried believe me. He really just goes off the wall and says cleverly stupid things about guns drugs and women. It literally is that simple.

The crazy thing I'll say about wayne though, is that, he's been doing that kind of style of rapping for YEARS. Even "Prime Wayne" was virtually rapping the same way. IMO this new age of Rap, with Cole, Drake, Dot, and a few others, have made wayne seem like he's "lost it" but he hasn't lost it, it's just a matter of the people vouching for a new style of rapping that they want to hear. No one wants to hear a full rap record with tired similies and metaphors about guns and vagina.

Wayne has not "fallen" at all. It just has to do with the fact that people's rap sensibilities have changed and that has to do with where Rap is at now.

This post should be the lead off to every thread that even remotely concerns Wa_n_.

Why do you spell wayne like that ??
laugh.gif

Who's saying Wayne didn't change from Pre Drought 3 days to Carter 3? I don't think anyone is saying that he has changed when taking into account that era.

However, Wayne didn't really become this polarizing household artist until 05-Carter 3. Most people in HIp-Hop culture say that that was Wayne's prime. Whether you agree with it or not isn't really up for discussion, because it's almost fact. Most people or fans of Wayne will say that that was his Prime.

Now, from that point to now? From 05-now? From the time most people would consider his prime to now? There hasn't been any real change in his raps at all, essentially rap fans have a new, different taste / preference in their rap music and that, more than wayne changing, is what changed.

Why do you spell wayne like that ??
:lol:

Doesn't deserve to have his whole name spelled, was a little bit better than mediocre even in his "prime", and has been on remedial auto-pilot since about 2009, and I don't even think that's on purpose. I applaud him for at least giving some semblance of effort on D5 and that last Drake song though.

#WeezyWednesdays

Carter IV and IANAHB2 are some of the worst abominations ever made but man I'm getting excited for Carter V.

Think y'all being to hard on dude, the new dusse track wasn't bad at all. I kinda liked it, best solo song in the last few years from him.
Y'all expecting dude to suddenly spit like Kendrick and it won't happen.

As long as he returns to the height of his popularity. D2 drought 3 Wayne he's good in my book I honestly didn't care for the 500 degrees Wayne and I thought the carter 2 was an okay album. IMO Wayne never put out good albums, just great songs and mixtapes and verses.

Now his last 2 albums were absolutely horrible as an artist he almost has to prove his self again.

what the **** did I just watch?

as a artist everything can be so serious at times in the studio so during a session you let some steam off like this just wildin to get everybody back in the fun mood

its usually after times like this classic songs get made because everybody is in a fun happy space the engineer, producers, writers, artist, entourage and so on

Dudes were saying IANAHB2 and everything outside of 'Carter' albums weren't "real" Wayne albums [emoji]128514[/emoji]...bet if the albums were good they'd use it in an argument

Dudes were saying IANAHB2 and everything outside of 'Carter' albums weren't "real" Wayne albums [emoji]128514[/emoji]...bet if the albums were good they'd use it in an argument

Nah dog don't lie :lol: they were saying i am not a human being(which is) and the damn young money compilation (which isn't) weren't real albums .

Back
Top Bottom