OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Yeah. I guess it’s a good problem to have that the team is good enough that a 15 point win can feel disappointing, but the squad is still a work-in-progress. There’s not great synergy right now when Kawhi plays with Lou and Trezz, so hopefully that gets better as the season progresses.
+1
on a good note, i think klaw only played 30 min last night. thats always good 30/7/6

he's really focusing in on creating plays for others too

Last edited:
we have a tough schedule coming into that 11th game too. i think PG is scheduled to be back 11/13 v. hou

Yeah, the Clippers version of Kawhi load management seems to be keeping him a 30 or less mpg. Which is fine, I guess, as long as we’re winning.

Looks like Klaw is out tonight, load management. Would've liked to see him go until pg gets back, but no worries

Last edited:
Not a fan of this, especially after Doc and Kawhi said there would be no load management. How many back to backs to we have this year?

Not a fan of this, especially after Doc and Kawhi said there would be no load management. How many back to backs to we have this year?
7 I believe. I'm with you. I would have liked to see a minutes restriction over flat out missing games, even if Klaw only played 15-20 min

Yeahhhh load management 4 games in after saying that wouldn’t be much of a thing this year doesn’t sit well with me

if he truly is healthy and feeling better than ever as doc alluded to, then him load managing in the west before PG even gets back is not the business. These games matter. Sitting healthy Kawhi against a western conference opponent this early is trash

Unless we’re admitting that we have reservations about whether or not Kawhi can finish the season and playoffs healthy, but that wasn’t the indication given at all

and more importantly, he’s 27 right? Idk how I feel about having to load manage my superstar for the next two years (and hopefully beyond) that’s incredibly concerning in the west.

Last edited:
The Kawhi issue aside, can’t complain too much about tonight. Good effort. Too many turnovers and we let struggling Conley spazz on us...

Last edited:
We gave them the moment we announced Kawhi wouldn’t play. We better win tomorrow

You can't just give Utah this game by sitting Klaw. Sane as you guys, I disagree vehemently. However, we will get w's in games like this one after pg gets back.

I feel like there may have been a deal between the team and kawhi regarding back to backs in negotiations. (Just speculation) and I think all of us expected it even in the face of Clippers brass saying it wouldn't be the case. But, I really hoped kawhi would go all out until PG got back.

(Still would like to see a minutes restriction over sitting out)

Last edited:
to me it makes no sense to limit kawhis minutes when he plays if you're going to sit him in back to backs, as i mentioned he sits kawhi with 4min left whether they are up or down, when they were down he gave up because he calls is "fake comeback" and then when they are up its against a team who has been hanging around the whole game and could beat you at any second

i know its early in the season but i have been asking this for a long while now but can this team really win with doc?

his rotations are idiotic at times like last night, yes they were down by 20 but there were about 9-10 min left and he gave up, now the bench brought them back to about 10 pts with 5 min left but nope of course he isnt going to do sh*t about it

its just really annoying and baffling what he does with his line-up, sometime its looks genius but on further look its by accident and makes you wonder what logic are rattling around in his head

I certainly am not happy about Kawhi missing games for load management, but I can’t let myself get too mad about it either. It is what it is. We knew it was probably going to happen when he signed here. It was dumb for the team to say they weren’t going to do it, but I always had my doubts they’d stick to it. It worked for Kawhi last year - why wouldn’t he do it again? (I recognize that this year’s Western conference is not last year’s Eastern conference, but still).

I just hope they’re not overly rigid about it and will consider the circumstances of each B2B.

i really have no issue with him missing games on back to backs but you cant balk and give up on games and take him out in crucial times because you want a minute restriction on him, thats dumb because you are costing the team a game and if you have a chance to win it then you go all out and put your stars in the game

games where kawhi seats might as well be an L but dont give dumb reasons why you take him out when the game is still within reach, thats what annoys me most about doc

like i said, last night they got to within 10 with 5min left, bring back your big guns and try to win it, not kawhi of course but put your best foot forward and try to win, not just leave the bench out there especially when utah has their starters out... just dumb

^^^ Yeah, except for JAM, shooting’s been off last couple games. Bev is cold and Shamet hasn’t made much since that hot 1st quarter against Charlotte.

I don’t get why we don’t consistent run sets early to get Landry open looks. Doc always did that with JJ, but only sometimes with Shamet. I actually think he shots better after having run a route than on just straight catch-and-shoot. Maybe he doesn’t get as many of those plays as JJ did because he usually gets tougher defensive assignments than Reddick had. IDK.

LAC has a B2B wed and thurs, wonder if Klaw sits one of those as well.

i wouldve been ok with Klaw not playing any B2B if he wouldve went hard till PG got back and going...say, for the first 15 games or so.

and i am all for Klaw being on minutes restriction if the game is in hand.

in return, he should do things like pick up booker in crunch time etc. i feel like LAC would have had a real chance in that game @ phx has kawhi picked up booker in the last 6-8 min

What's that?

The Clips have the best offense in the league and start Zubac, Patterson, Beverley and shamet?

This is why their "lack of playmakers" was never that big of a concern to me.

I wasn’t that worried about the play making either, but it’s an added bonus that Kawhi is better in that regard than I anticipated or hoped for.

This load management talk sounds very similar to what Raptors fans were saying last year. Obviously the west is more competitive than the east but at the end of the day y'all should be fine with it. The Clippers have too much talent to finish no worse than 3rd. Even if the Lakers finish ahead of y'all and you meet in the playoffs you still get to play the series at home.

Clippers with a healthy Kawhi and PG can beat any team on the road.

All I'd care about is getting a home seed in round 1 and having Kawhi and PG nearly 100% healthy.

I got to admit I'm surprised Kawhi is resting despite his press conference and other comments that they wouldn't be load managing this season. He's not known as a liar so I'd be interested in knowing what has changed since then.

Back
Top Bottom