OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

All things considered, pretty impressive win. Kept grinding, defending and making needed plays until Kawhi got going offensively...against a very good team.

How much do you guys see the Clippers having to pay trezz and Lou next go round? They make 8m and 6m respectively. I think they can be kept for 12-15m a year...?

How much do you guys see the Clippers having to pay trezz and Lou next go round? They make 8m and 6m respectively. I think they can be kept for 12-15m a year...?

Hard to say and I think it’ll depend on how this season goes. They both already took home team discounts with their last contracts for LAC. I doubt money is going to be the main priority for Lou at his age, but Trezz may figure he needs to take the biggest pay day he can.

Who do we think will be the big man we pick up prior to the postseason?

I would also like a true Point guard on the squad. We might have to move JJ Headdick to make that happen, unfortunately.

Speaking of JJ, once he starts hitting 3’s at his usual it’s gonna be a wrap

another load management for kawhi tonight, sucks we dont get to see giannis v kawhi but i guess it makes more sense to try and win the game against a conference opponent in blazers

Who do we think will be the big man we pick up prior to the postseason?

I would also like a true Point guard on the squad. We might have to move JJ Headdick to make that happen, unfortunately.

Speaking of JJ, once he starts hitting 3’s at his usual it’s gonna be a wrap

Agree about adding a big. Really don’t know who it’s going to be though. I don’t think we’ll really have an idea until closer to the trade deadline.

As far as bringing in another point guard, I’m reserving judgment on that until I see what the team looks like with PG. We may not need it.

With Kawhi and PG, the team really is structured a lot like the Jordan/Pippen Bulls and they didn’t need a traditional point guard.

Reactions: HIM
My only stance with lac and load management was that both parties (Kawhi and LAC) specifically said he was healthy, there wouldn’t be nearly as much load management, and Kawhi even said he planned to play the whole season

Had they lead with the fact that he’s not a healthy player and that Load management would be necessary in order to prolong his career and protect our investment, I would of been in full support of it.

How many games did he sit last season due to load management? Was it all 22 of his missed games?

if they cut it from 22 to ~10 I’s be cool.

kawhis been saying this is the healthiest he's felt in years and actually 100%

i get it not taking a chance and all but its gon' be tough since teyll probably give PG some load management days as well once he returns

My only stance with lac and load management was that both parties (Kawhi and LAC) specifically said he was healthy, there wouldn’t be nearly as much load management, and Kawhi even said he planned to play the whole season

Had they lead with the fact that he’s not a healthy player and that Load management would be necessary in order to prolong his career and protect our investment, I would of been in full support of it.

antidope antidope was saying in the NBA thread that the team and Kawhi weren’t that definitive about him not missing load management games this season. I honestly don’t remember what the exactly was said.

But I think it has to be looked as a fluid thing. Maybe he does feel really healthy, but also feels, based on last year, the best way to wander it stays that way is not to play in B2B games. If that’s the case, so be it.

disappointed that Kawhi didnt go hard for the first 15-20. but its ok. kawhi resting on b2bs will be better team wise once pg is back. right now, just feels like a guaranteed L...(which it isnt) but we are basically going into games w/o Klaw with the same roster as last year minus gallo and SGA. still hopeful we can pull out a few Ws in games like this until PG gets back in the groove. when PG finally gets going, we will be ok when Klaw sits.

I will say I like the strategy of sitting him against the better team on a back to back. We might lose to the bucks with him anyway and would most likely lose to the blazers without him. Might as well give ourselves the best shot at a split

Man, great effort. Low key mad we lost though since we were right there...

they hanged around but I am curious how these load management loses is gon affect their home court advantage, the west is too strong to have these type of loses and any home game against the Lakers might as well be an away game too so ...

Healthy PG and Kawhi hopefully will mean less Lou. He's just so untrustworthy defensively. I cringe at possibly seeing a Clips WCF game and Lou Will on the floor. I say this w/him being one of my favorite clippers of all time, but you rarely see role players who are this bad on defense playing big minutes in may and June.

^^^ Considering all the games he’s helped us close and even won for us at the end over the last two years, hard for me to see Doc not giving Lou a chance to be in the closing group this season. I’m not that worried about it. They can hide him on the worst defensive player and, if necessary, even do some offense-defense subbing to deal with his deficiencies. He’s too proven of a clutch shot maker to be on the bench in crunch time situations.

Yea im gonna stall Lou out. We all know he sucks on defense but he makes up for it on the other end. He will hopefully be better hidden on defense when we’re at full strength

JJ Headdick finally hitting some 3’s was a positive sign

Back
Top Bottom