OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

If no Bev ands Doc doesn’t start Lou, has to to be Robinson because McGruder is most definitely not a point guard.

Lou and Trezz Starting!!!!

we’re gonna have our best first quarter. Book it.

Don’t know what the hell has gotten into Rodney McGruder, but I’ll take it..

i dont want that shorthanded talk bs

we suppose to be super deep but pels was depleted too, much more shorthanded without zio, ingram, ball, hart and they pretty much owned the clips the whole 48min

thats a team they were suppose to beat no other way to look at it

no cup half full here with pg playing well, no excuses, they got beat

Man, Lou really is a defensive liability. Plus, a lot of miscommunication throughout the game. Product of make shift line-ups.

We will be fine, but really should have pulled the game out.

Paul George is so damn good. Basketball comes so damn easy to him.

But I hate load management, man. I understand why you'd do it, and it makes sense if you're the clippers, but if you're a fan it sucks. We're potentially sacrificing seeding for this ****, man. But watching Kawhi walk and run is cringe rn is lowkey cringe, he's not healthy at all IMO but whatever.

We still haven't seen a single game, let alone have a Kawhi+PG sample size to come to a conclusion on anything. Which on one hand is great, on another hand the west doesn't stop.

Last edited:
Should have won these two games but late in the game it helps to have playmakers and we’ve only had 2. And one of them is food on defense. I can’t wait for PG and Kawhi to finally play together.

One other positive from last night besides PG looking sharp (offensively) in his return is that I thought Robinson played some very solid minutes in the second half. Didn’t generate a lot of stats, but I thought he initiated offense well and had some good defensive plays. My biggest gripe was with him passing up some open shots. I’d like to see him get more run because I think lack of confidence is holding him back a bit.

Robinson was only one of 3 guys for us last night who was positive in +\- (Lou was - 20, ouch)

Mann looked really good for it being his first start and major minutes. It sucks that it always takes injuries for Doc to play young guys but I’m glad he played him. Think he has the skillset and body to become a key player on a championship team at least.

I would have liked to win in New Orleans. But pg have a better than expected effort. Defensive rotations were off again with all of the new guys playing. PG got lost on that last 3 to seal it for New Orleans. PG also had 4 fouls early and 4 tos in the 4th. All rust. Beverly was missed also and that was felt in holiday going wild. New Orleans has been playing hard even though results haven't reflected.

Our season is basically starting now. Super excited to see how we play when she full strength moving forward.

TBH, we’re about where I thought we’d be record-wise when I found out PG was going to miss all of October and that wasn’t even factoring Kawhi missing 3 games due to load management.

That’s not to say a few of our losses, particularly last night, weren’t disappointing, but I’m not mad at our record right now, all things considered.

Onward and upward.

Last night was tough but onward and upward indeed.

The worse part of that loss was who we lost too and the ridiculous scores.

Would any of us be surprised at this 7-5 start if we knew Kawhi was going to be load managed this early into the season?

We already knew PG was going to be out 10 games, but had LAC been more forthcoming about Kawhi’s health and said he wasn’t playing b2bs I would have expected something like this

Would any of us be surprised at this 7-5 start if we knew Kawhi was going to be load managed this early into the season?

We already knew PG was going to be out 10 games, but had LAC been more forthcoming about Kawhi’s health and said he wasn’t playing b2bs I would have expected something like this

i had us 6-4 in our first 10 just knowing PG was gonna be out. Which is funny because now I’m mad at 7-5. But I’m greedy like that

i am still surprised even with load management just because we are supposedly one of the deepest in the league and we cant even beat a depleted pelicans and its understandable to lose to a bad team once in a while but we arent really fans if we dont harp on it :lol:

looking at the teams weve lost to, it really isnt too bad

suns is a much better team this year (to everyones surprise) and kawhi was out

utah we should have won both games but a split isnt too bad considering kawhi didnt play in the loss

bucks, kawhi was out

rockets and especially last night feels like it should have been wins but what really worries me was how the last few games, even the wins, clips were hanging around and had to grind it out the last quarter, i feel like they should be a bit more dominant in some of those wins

and to be critical again, the only quality team we have wins over are just the Lakers and Jazz, i was gon' put Spurs there but i didnt notice how bad theyve been this year so far and blazers are so bad they had to get melo :lol:

Back
Top Bottom