OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

^^^ Some of the turnovers are definitely a by-product of the team still learning how to play together; a lot of over-passing and trying to defer to other guys.

Some of them (I’m looking at you, Lou) at from sloppy play.

And it appear that JAM and/or Pat are good for at least one travel/step out of bounds turnover per game on a catch from a lockout :smh::lol:

Great win last night. Doc put on a coaching clinic down the stretch offensively

defensively they hid Lou well, but the double teaming didn’t make sense to me. Clips defense continues to impress though IMO

all in all, winning these kinds of games is so important long term. Lou/PG/Kawhi is so comforting to have down the stretch of games.

I don’t know what the solution is, but then trying to liven up the regular season is a good thing IMO. Somehow, they’ve got to make the regular season mean more

1-16 playoff regardless of conference should of been happening

Trezz had a great game tonight. Feels good to have 4, maybe 5 guys that are capable of giving you 30 on any given night.

11-2 when Kawhichael plays
4-0 when Kawhichael and PG play

should be top 5 in defensive rating after tonight. #1 in the last ten games. Against good teams.

nice

so what is going on with the commentators?

are they going to have a rotating one all year long while corey and chauncy does it when they are available?

Rodney Mac, Zu, Kawhi, Paul George, Moe Harkless, Pat Beverley,

The Clippers were already heading towards #1 defensively w/a bullet before PG got into the lineup.

Best game of the season for the team. Offense is hopefully starting to catch up to the defense.

Lou and Trez vs 2nd units are >>>

The luxury of being able to throw all these long high IQ wings on guys is why I'm bullish on a Clippers team that approaches their ceiling. Best defense in the league since Halloween and the eye test supports it.

7 in a row :pimp:

Rodney Mac was coming around too. Sucks to see him go down while Shamet's still down. This would be a great time for Jerome, a damn lotto pick, to come through.

But this also shows how deep LAC is.

Gonna chalk tonight up as a scheduling loss. Last game of a roadie, night after Thanksgiving against a very hungry team. Odds that Kawhi, PG and Lou all are going to struggle on the same night are low. Oh well. **** happens.

If I have a complaint about last night it’s that the team didn’t not do enough to try and get PG going. Felt they should have at least tried to run at least a couple more set plays for him. Maybe it wouldn’t have made a difference, but I would have given it a shot if I were Doc.

And we complained to the officials way too much. While I think the refs let San Antonio get away with more contact than us, Kawhi and Lou let it affect them too much.

Kawhi was forcing it all night.

He definitely was. Lou too, but to little bit lesser extent. PG just didn’t have it. Honestly, I don’t know how we were in the game as far as we were with Lou and PG both hitting for single digits in points.

Games like last night will be the games where we miss a play making, pnr, pass first point guard imo.

Running more and getting guys easy looks would be great on nights like last night.

Last edited:
Games like last night will be the games where we miss a play making, pnr, pass first point guard imo.

Running more and getting guys easy looks would be great on nights like last night.

Agree. I’d much prefer us to add a guy who fits that description than another big. I just can’t think of a quality back-up PG that’s going to be available for us to acquire by trade or on the buy-out market.

Told y’all my concern bout that lack of a pg a few weeks ago. I literally went through every roster and the best guy I could think of was ish smith. Has a great assist/TO ratio and only making 6mil. Bad team that would be willing to trade.

Clips had 106 with 2 min left in the 3rd and ended up with 150.

Kawhi/pg/Lou/trezz shot 47.5% from the field or higher.

Hopefully kawhi is heating up now.

I agree with HIM HIM after seeing him tonight, I think ish Smith would do well in the backup playmaking, pass first point role.

Reactions: HIM
I’ll excuse the SA game because it was obvious Kawhi was trying to get his revenge game in and it took everyone out of their rhythm. He had like 18 shots in the first half :lol:
Last night was back to our usual offense. Move the ball, open man shoots.

Did anyone notice there was a play where Lou stole a ball and threw it downcourt for PG but PG reacted slowly and the ball went out of bounds. PG ran back and kept saying “now I know.” It was a reminder for me that this is just PG’s 10th game with these guys. He has been involved in about 15 turnovers so far that are straight up miscommunication from he and the guys not knowing each other’s tendencies yet. I’m excited to see the type of ball we’re playing in March.

1575514156507.png

Back
Top Bottom