OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

defensive rotations off. robinson, harkless, patterson etc etc were the main culprits getting beat last night. not all their faults. i know its still early in the season, but at some point kawhi and/or PG are just gonna have to say..."i got giannis" and when they set a pick for him, we will trap or hard hedge him

i just dont understand why patrick patterson has any defensive possessions guarding giannis. all in all, lac did ok vs. giannis. giannis had about 10-12 easy points with zubac, patterson, harkless, beverly, etc guarding him. bev is still a really good defender, but to check giannis...thats asking too much of him. everyone else had a good game for the bucks. pat connaughton, DiVincenzo, bledsoe, ersan, middleton

1st and 3rd quarter was a nightmare
kawhi and pg had just as many TO as they had FG...5 each

nobody shot well

idk about you guys but, most frustrating game for me all season.

moving on though

Rough game last night. I think the team got frustrated with non-calls/misses in the 3rd quarter and really started forcing things and rushing shots. That‘s when **** really went sideways. I don’t think we were quite prepared for the Bucks and their fans to treat that game like it was the playoffs. Oh well.

Anyone know why JAM didn’t play last night?

Kawhi's last 7 games he's at 46/41/90

I think had LAC been more open about Kawhi's status, his mercurial / ambivalent progression with his efficiency thus far this season would make sense. Let me explain lol

When he was introduced to the media, we were told he was so healthy that he wanted to get after it right then and there. Those were his words. In the months after, LAC and kawhi echoed the same sentiments.

The reality, as we now know, is that he wasn't healthy. He isn't fully healthy now, and didn't play basketball at ALL this summer. You combine that, w/him not playing back to backs (w/LAC having a ton to start the year)it makes it really really hard for Kawhi to build up some momentum.

It makes sense then, that he's starting slow, and is slowly getting there efficiency wise. Progress isn't linear, so it make take him like 40 games or so before you start to see the consistent high level scorer and efficient guy that we know him to be, but it's coming. You can see it. He'll peak in the spring and you can tell he's working his way through the season right now.

early in the season he seemed fine but after a few of those dnps, his shot has been short in mid and feels like at time they just fall because of a soft touch

even some of his ft's were hitting the front of the rim too but glad he is starting to come into shape again

really hope it comes sooner than later as at times, it feel like them trying to get kawhi out of a slump cools down pg, there was that one game where pg scored like 27 in the 1st half and then around 4 in the 2nd because they tried to defer to kawhi too much, the game did turn into a blowout just to be fair but i do think they need to run more plays for pg

Loved what I saw from Derrick Walton JR last night. Liked him as a high schooler at Chandler Park. Killed in the big 10 tourney a couple years ago. Smart kid, makes the right decisions. I’s like to see him get more opportunities

Loved what I saw from Derrick Walton JR last night. Liked him as a high schooler at Chandler Park. Killed in the big 10 tourney a couple years ago. Smart kid, makes the right decisions. I’s like to see him get more opportunities

I was a bit surprised he made the final cut because I was not particularly impressed with him in preseason. Good think Doc is smarter than me :lol: Walton really contributed to the last couple Ws...

I was a bit surprised he made the final cut because I was not particularly impressed with him in preseason. Good think Doc is smarter than me :lol: Walton really contributed to the last couple Ws...

there’s something to be said about bball intelligence. He did getlost on defense a couple of times but he always seems to make the right decision on offense. That Washington game he made 3 awesome little plays/decisions on three straight possessions. If he can knockdown the open corner threes at a decent clip he’d make a case to make the regular rotation.
By the way, I want us to get ish even more after seeing him play us twice :lol:

Think that that's the best win of the year for me. In that environment, on the road, short 3 rotation players, and to handedly handle a very good raptors team like that. Handled an early 3rd quarter run.

And as I said earlier, Kawhi really is just working his way into the season. He's looking better physically as the season goes on and his efficiency is slowly coming around.

Paul George shooting 12 to 15 3's a game with no abandon is a game changer. Make or miss. I love it.

And I mentioned earlier in the week in the NBA thread that the clips defense is ahead of their offense, and to me that seems to be the case. They are so damn talented on that end individually, but they're actually playing in unison on that end for the most part. Love it.

Excellent win. PG didn’t even play that well and we handled them. Doc made a great move throwing that zone on them.

Also, I don’t really understand how our announcer rotations works, but I’m not mad at more Mike Fratello.

PG pulled up for a 3 on a 1 v 3 break. I want him to take 20 3’s a night but he gotta stop doing those :lol:

I’m glad Kawhi didn’t play hero ball like he did against SA.He must have known he cost us the game that day :lol:

Exactly, there's no team in the NBA including the Clippers that has 12 man rotations. So why you feel the need to comment about my critique of 3 or 4 guys that rarely play anyway is baffling.

Relax
Y’all bench is overrated 2 solid players and that’s it, Harkless will be worthless come playoff time...

Lakers in 6
Bum

Y’all bench is overrated 2 solid players and that’s it, Harkless will be worthless come playoff time...

Lakers in 6
Bum
Bum? Watch yourself folk. Keep the discussion to basketball.

Glad you think so, just keep it in the NBA thread or the Lakers thread where it belongs.

All the ad libs can be saved for if we ever have the pleasure of meeting in person. Hope your night is going well.

Back
Top Bottom