OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

^^^ Yeah,
Hard to say what any of that stuff will do for us in the long run, but I think it speaks to the fact that this isn't the "same old Clippers" anymore. They're not satisfied with the status quo and will keep tinkering to try and improve, even if its small stuff. I like it.
Doc alluded to that in his latest POD with Woj. (Good listen)

He said that Ballmer, as long as it helps the team win is willing to spend the money to hire the necessary people and positions for the advancement of the team. They're hiring 3 more College / Overseas scouts as well. Just a lot of positive things going on off the floor that suggest that the team is really trying to be better.

I want alan anderson
Requested this signing a couple weeks ago. Really happy bout it. 2nd staight summer where doc has worked miracles with the minimum. 

He really isn't nearly the bad GM that his reputation has made him out to be. I still am reserved on the duality with coach and GM, but any other coach for a championship contender that was making these kind of signings would be praised.

I want alan anderson

Requested this signing a couple weeks ago. Really happy bout it. 2nd staight summer where doc has worked miracles with the minimum. 

He really isn't nearly the bad GM that his reputation has made him out to be. I still am reserved on the duality with coach and GM, but any other coach for a championship contender that was making these kind of signings would be praised.
I'll hold my judgment when I see what he allows Jamal to do

Lol Jamal will be Jamal and what you saw from Jamal under doc is probably what you're going to see next season. To expect some type of drastic change in Jamal's game or from doc at this point is a fantasy.

However, the hope or the idea is that with some added continuity and development from guys like Austin, and contributions from other members of the 2nd unit, they can kind of police Jamal to a degree and kind of minimize the impact of "bad" jamal crawford.

I say "bad" jamal Crawford because there is a good side to Jamal crawford and there's still value in what he brings over the course of an 82 game season. 

Lol Jamal will be Jamal and what you saw from Jamal under doc is probably what you're going to see next season. To expect some type of drastic change in Jamal's game or from doc at this point is a fantasy.

However, the hope or the idea is that with some added continuity and development from guys like Austin, and contributions from other members of the 2nd unit, they can kind of police Jamal to a degree and kind of minimize the impact of "bad" jamal crawford.

I say "bad" jamal Crawford because there is a good side to Jamal crawford and there's still value in what he brings over the course of an 82 game season. 
there is but he's become more of a wacky Rollercoaster of consistency than Jr Smith imo

but anyone think we'll finally make the 3rd round this year? I'm not really feelin it

Last edited:
there is but he's become more of a wacky Rollercoaster of consistency than Jr Smith imo

but anyone think we'll finally make the 3rd round this year? I'm not really feelin it
That's the MO for Jamal Crawford at this point. It is what it is. We have to put up with it and hope the others nullify Jamal's inconsistency and hope for the best.

And I'm optimistic that we will. The Clippers have had some terrible luck with injuries but this is a team that features one of the league's most winningest core's right now. They've got some continuity on their side, minimal roster turnover, and On paper, they're the 2nd best team out west. Ironically, KD going to GSW kind of made this the best chance LAC has ever had at making a conference final. 

Just. Stay. Healthy. 

^^^ I'm not making any predictions at this point. Way too many variables go into determining how far a team advances in the playoffs for me to speculate how we might do now. On paper, we have enough talent to get to the WCF or even the Finals, but who knows if we will? Have to see how the new guys fit in, how Blake looks after the weird season he had last year and also how good some of the other West teams are, including GSW and the Spurs.

Maybe I'll be ready to make a playoff prediction in like December. :lol:

We're winning it all, guys. I usually hate spoiling things but I couldn't help it. I already took the two weeks after the Finals off too allow me to recover from my drunken stuper.

hi guys

Any info on Bob Thate? Was he a big reason for improving Blake's midrange jumper?
I would see him work with blake prior to every game, wearing the same black t- shirt and the same black sweats. It was literally like a cartoon 
laugh.gif

Beyond that, I don't know how much I would attribute blake's improvement in the midrange to bob vs him actually just flat out taking more.

He's well respected though, for sure. I don't know much about him though.

Spoke with Bob a few times. Great guy. This is a guy who helped turn Kidd into a 40% 3pt shooter. He definitely knows what he's doing.

All I can say about Thate is that the Clippers broadcasters bring him up a lot and seem to give him a fair amount of credit for the improvement in Blake's shooting. For whatever that's worth.

Bob does encourage blake to do certain things with his jumpshot that I agree with, like releasing at the peak instead of on the way down.

SiriusXM NBA Radio Retweeted
The Cauldron ‏@TheCauldron · 5h5 hours ago

Will biggest fallout from Westbrook’s OKC extension be Chris Paul to … Knicks?! http://on.si.com/2aJ0dV2 |

The garbage that passes for "journalism" these days :smh:

Team looks good on paper. I know GSW got Durant but they lost a lot. Spurs lost their heart with TImmy retiring. I feel if we are healthy we take the Warriors to seven games in the WCF. I just wish Doc got rid of Jamal.

:rolleyes Blake and CP3s health are the main concern of this team,,keep those 2 guys INJURY FREE 'til the PLAYOFFS and CLIPPERS are the team who can compete vs GSW :smokin

just saying....

To this day I still haven't watched the highlights of game 6 against Houston. 

I still can't watch it. 

I just watched Game 5 @ OKC for the first time since the night of the game. 7 point lead with a minute left :lol: :smh: Would have been coming back home up 3-2.

I just watched Game 5 @ OKC for the first time since the night of the game. 7 point lead with a minute left
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Would have been coming back home up 3-2.
You a better man than me. I still haven't watched that either. Dead srs.

Man that **** hurts fam, and I usually don't get that attached and invested in things like sports but ****, that hurts man. 

If this is it for this core and this ride, the thing that'll hurt the most is the way they've exited the playoffs each of the last four years. It always has to be some flukey, dramatic **** man. Just flat out weirdness every single postseason run during this era. I legit told my brother that there was no way they can top themselves after game 6 against houston, and then in the first round both blake and chris suffer series ending injuries 
laugh.gif

Lemme get one full playoff run where our guys are healthy, and not getting in their own way with ridiculously epic collapses. 

Back
Top Bottom