OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

I'm kinda rooting for you guys to go all the way if the Grizz don't :nerd:

Clippers had a lot of bad luck in the last few seasons and I know how that feels. Can definitely knock out the Spurs + OKC isn't really a threat anymore. I still think in order to truly beat Golden State, you guys will need additional wing help defensively. The only thing is you lack the assets outside of your big 4 to require that. Maybe you can buy low on a player at the deadline.

Plus, you guys are easier to root for since most of the fans I know on here are "decent" :tongue:

except erupt

Last edited:
To this day I still haven't watched the highlights of game 6 against Houston. 

Me neither. I also haven't tried waterboarding myself, but I suspect it would be only slightly more agonizing than re-watching that game. So, I have no plans to do either. LOL.

To this day I still haven't watched the highlights of game 6 against Houston. 

Me neither. I also haven't tried waterboarding myself, but I suspect it would be only slightly more agonizing than re-watching that game. So, I have no plans to do either. LOL.

I watched the OKC game where we were down 16 with 9 min left and it's crazy because I don't remember the media making such a big deal about OKC choking. Even I didn't rememver we were down so big. That was the game where CP3 started guarding KD late in the 4th :lol:

I haven't watched the Houston game either but I feel like we entered the 4th up 17 or so? It was basically the same situation.

Last edited:
I watched the OKC game where we were down 16 with 9 min left and it's crazy because I don't remember the media making such a big deal about OKC choking. Even I didn't rememver we were down so big. That was the game where CP3 started guarding KD late in the 4th
laugh.gif

You gotta be talking about game 4. I was there. To this day, that's the greatest Clipper game I've ever been to. Never seen Staples so bedlum and chaotic for a clippers game. 

DC, CP, and Blake that 4th quarter was awesome.

I'm kinda rooting for you guys to go all the way if the Grizz don't
nerd.gif

Clippers had a lot of bad luck in the last few seasons and I know how that feels. Can definitely knock out the Spurs + OKC isn't really a threat anymore. I still think in order to truly beat Golden State, you guys will need additional wing help defensively. The only thing is you lack the assets outside of your big 4 to require that. Maybe you can buy low on a player at the deadline.

Plus, you guys are easier to root for since most of the fans I know on here are "decent"
tongue.gif

except erupt
Well OJ is a Grizzlies legend so memphis will always have a place in my heart. Still have the ticket to the Clipper / Grizzlies game I went to where I ended up courtside. I rooted so hard for memphis during the OJ days. 
smokin.gif

But LAC's flameouts have been just flat out unbelievable. From injuries to outrageous collapses, it's like a horrible game of can you top this with playoff flameouts 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

But, The combination of Johnson / Anderson / Mbah Amoute / Rivers is going to have to be the wing stable to defeat GSW, and anyone else really. In theory, those wings should be good enough, and on the buy low market I don't know presently, who the Clippers would be able to grab that would improve that stable in a way that would move the needle for them. There's enough defense there for that to work, I think.

But I said it last year, and i'll say it again, the guy is Wesley Johnson.

I watched the OKC game where we were down 16 with 9 min left and it's crazy because I don't remember the media making such a big deal about OKC choking. Even I didn't rememver we were down so big. That was the game where CP3 started guarding KD late in the 4th :lol:

You gotta be talking about game 4. I was there. To this day, that's the greatest Clipper game I've ever been to. Never seen Staples so bedlum and chaotic for a clippers game. 

DC, CP, and Blake that 4th quarter was awesome.

I was there too :pimp: Greatest games I've been to have to be Game 2 vs Memphis when CP3 hit the buzzer beater or Game 7 vs Warriors. The crowds at both those games were ridiculous. Wish I was at Game 7 vs the Spurs. That would easily be #1

The x factor for LAC is Wes Johnson as of right now though.

He's the only guy who can shoot well enough, and has all of the physical attributes to be a plus defender with the core 4 while shooting <35% from 3. I don't think he's as bad of a defender as people (or doc) make him out to be, and think his defense would improve if he was our consistent starter. 

Like, when people describe the wing that they feel LAC needs, it sounds to me like they're describing someone like wes johnson. He's the perfect buy low guy if it works out. 

Sometimes I try to imagine what I would do if we ever won it all and I honestly get scared. Like, I need to keep some bail money on the side. Lawdog, are you a criminal lawyer?

Sometimes I try to imagine what I would do if we ever won it all and I honestly get scared. Like, I need to keep some bail money on the side. Lawdog, are you a criminal lawyer?

I am not, but I could refer you to someone good.

I guess I'm the only one that still sees okc as a legitimate western conference contender.

Last edited:
I halfway don't even think they'll make the playoffs. 

I don't think they're close to "contenders"

I'm with you. Great as Russ is, going to be a real struggle for him to get Enes Kanter, Vic Oladipo and Steven Adams into the Western Conference playoffs.

I'm with you. Great as Russ is, going to be a real struggle for him to get Enes Kanter, Vic Oladipo and Steven Adams into the Western Conference playoffs.

Okc will be a 4th or 5th seed easy...granted they stay healthy imo.

As currently constructed, okc is still better than Houston and Portland. Okc will still defend at a very high level. Maybe down the stretch they will have better execution being that there is no doubt who's hand the ball needs to be in at the end.

Imo

Lac, gsw, sas are the only teams that are basically guaranteed to finish ahead of okc. Memphis, Dallas, Portland are all a crap shoot. Even if all of those teams finish ahead of them, they're still an easy 7 seed.

I see them finishing 4 or 5, winning a first round series, then pushing whoever they meet in the semis.

IMHO

Last edited:
^^^ Yeah, I think Portland is better on paper than OKC. I also think some of the non-playoff teams from last year will be better, like Minny, Sacramento and New Orleans. Not saying they'll be better than OKC, just that the conference will be overall tougher from top to bottom. Honestly have no idea what to expect from Houston other than they'll score a lot.

OKC was a middle-of-the-pack defensive team last year. They won a lot of games by having the 2nd best offense in the league. I gotta think they will drop a lot offensively and stay around the same defensively. No way they'll be contenders imo. 

DJ literally does what he did in the olympics for the Clippers every single game. That right there was why he was all nba on both sides of the ball. Incredible size, athleticism, out of this world motor, off the charts with his defensive playcalling, extremely durable, he does this 82+ games a year for LAC. His improvement as a basketball player under Doc cannot be understated.

Glad the world is now seeing how great of a basketball player DJ has become.

OKC was a middle-of-the-pack defensive team last year. They won a lot of games by having the 2nd best offense in the league. I gotta think they will drop a lot offensively and stay around the same defensively. No way they'll be contenders imo. 

okc defended pretty well in the playoffs. sometimes it takes a team a bit to get things together especially defensively. there will be a slight drop off offensively but i am sure westbrook having the FULL green light and the addition of oladipo will help the drop off not be as drastic.

oan

i can see how one could say that okc and portland are about even, but i dont believe portland is better.

either way, end of season, we will revisit...back to LAC

Last edited:
watched SAC vs. LAL (the robert horry shot) and that style of play was awesome for that team. it would be cool to add a few of those princeton highpost/back cut sets/principles

much respect to mike bibby. kobe even had issues with him that game.

much respect to vlade and his passing ability, c webb too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom