OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

I wonder how many surgeries Blake has had now? Gotta be easily into double digits...
Good question, i would guess 8 to 10? I don't think it's much higher than 10, if that.

But what sucks is that some of these, like the toe, and the elbow infection, the hand are just freak accidents and when you really look at it, The Quad and the kneecap in 09 are the only real 'serious' injuries he's had since he's been in the league. The time he missed this year from that arthroscopic surgery was from the quad injury last year if i'm not mistaken.

So basically to me, when you look at the totality of blake's injuries it personally doesn't turn me away from him. I can see how it would from others though.

Regardless, we all know the clips need to improve on the margins and I think blake and CP come back which means doc will be back too.

But man, they've got to stay on the floor. I mean the difference between Utah/GSW and OKC/SAS was 4 games man, and Blake and CP MISSED 27 A PIECE. No matter what we do to improve, if we can't stay on the floor then we'll stay getting bounced early because of the draws we'll attract most likely.

Scott Howard-Cooper‏Verified account @SHowardCooper 9h9 hours ago
Clips want to bring 2016 second-rounder David Michineau from France. Would push harder if could develop him with their own D-League team.
 Scott Howard-Cooper‏Verified account @SHowardCooper 9h9 hours ago
Clippers working to add D-League team next season, first reported by @AdamJ_NBAGL at @DLeagueDigest. Comes with international implications.

2 replies 21 retweets 20 likes
Steps in the right direction. Looking like it'll be an expansion deal. Seeing locations potentially in Anaheim, Long Beach, Playa Vista, and Ontario.

Last edited:
Extremely puzzling, but its mostly Lakers fans who came around in the 2000s who feel that way. The long-timers who were fans before that don't seem to care nearly as much. They realize that whatever the Clippers do or don't do has absolutely no bearing on the Lakers status, etc.

They are still mad about CP3 going to the Clippers plain and simple.

Doc today: "We need longer, younger, better two-way players."

ClipperNation: "No ****, Doc."

Doc today: "We need longer, younger, better two-way players."

ClipperNation: "No ****, Doc."
I mean, everyone needs those
laugh.gif
especially the clippers though. Issue is, those guys are en vogue and it's not like you're going to have the money or the assets to trade for a good one. One of your best assets (JJ Redick) isn't even on the team anymore technically, so you can't even trade him if you wanted to lol (I mean you could, but it'd be difficult)

On the margins is where it's at.

I mean it sounds good. This is definitely an area of need, so we'll see.

In terms of minutes played, we were the 29th tallest team in the league this year out of 30 teams. No bigs with size that can go 2 way, and most of our wings and guards can only play one end of the floor as well and are small.

Btw this basically just shut the door on JJ. We'll see what he does with Jamal because based on this, he has no place on this team and rightfully so. Can't win in the playoffs having to do that many gymnastics as far as lineups go.

But with no draft picks and no money, We'll see what the roster looks like next season.

^^^ And also, we've had some younger, longer, more athletic two way players and Doc hasn't found time for them. I mean, looking at last season's team, Wes is the longest, most athletic wing we have and I don't think he played at all in the playoffs. I know its Wes, but still. We had Lance last year, who I felt was a net positive every time he was on the court, but Doc dumped him.

So, yeah, he can say all he wants about what we need, but when push comes to shove is he really going to give players he doesn't know well a chance? That's one of his biggest weaknesses as a coach.

^^^ And also, we've had some younger, longer, more athletic two way players and Doc hasn't found time for them. I mean, looking at last season's team, Wes is the longest, most athletic wing we have and I don't think he played at all in the playoffs. I know its Wes, but still. We had Lance last year, who I felt was a net positive every time he was on the court, but Doc dumped him.

So, yeah, he can say all he wants about what we need, but when push comes to shove is he really going to give players he doesn't know well a chance? That's one of his biggest weaknesses as a coach.

This

Jovan Buha‏Verified account @jovanbuha 9m9 minutes ago
Doc was adamant that he just coaches and Lawrence Frank runs the day-to-day GM duties for the team. Doc simply has final say with his role.
Said it in here, and been saying it for months.

#DocTheGm thing really was over when Lawrence moved to the FO. Which is why it's been so silly as of late to say Doc needs to relinquish his GM duties, when he already has essentially lol

Last edited:
^^^Was low key annoyed they went to Orlando last year. Vegas, baby. Vegas. Always.

wes has never been consistent enough even before being a clipper to stay on court for any extended period of time.

one think i am with coach doc on is not playing him consistently.

wes has never been consistent enough even before being a clipper to stay on court for any extended period of time.

one think i am with coach doc on is not playing him consistently.
Yeah wes was a HUGE dissapointment. He wasn't great in his first year with LAC, but at least he hit corner 3's at a borderline elite rate.

This season he was just flat out awful. In the time he got, he couldn't make a shot, couldn't guard, couldn't stop fouling. He averaged 4 fouls a game per 36 minutes
laugh.gif
He was unplayable and it's a shame because ideally, he would be EXACTLY the type of player you would look to find in FA for this clipper team. Someone you could buy low on, who was disregarded by his previous teams, but had size and length and athleticism, could shoot a bit, and could play the 3 and 4 depending on matchups.

Unfortunately, he just hasn't really panned out at all. I'm interested in what Doc does with him moving forward. This past season was the first in a 3 year deal for him, and Doc couldn't / didn't have any faith in him. I'd assume that he'll try to make him an ancillary piece to a deal or something but we'll see.

Ok, ok, maybe Wes wasn't the best example. But Doc still sucks at giving chances to guys he doesn't know well.

So, my takeaways from the interviews Doc has done after the season ended are:

1. He's not going anywhere voluntarily. He's staying unless Ballmer fires him.

2. Assuming Blake and CP want to come back, the team is not going to look that different next year. He doesn't seem to think a major shake-up is necessary.

3. Only exception to the above is I don't think JJ's coming back.

i assume that a deal including KP sends griffin to NYC in return? not sure of how i feel about that.

oan

wold love to see CP3 get the offense started more instead of yo-yo'ing so much , then get the ball back late in the clock to do work if necessary.

sometimes i feel like he feels like the assists/good offensive plays have to come off of his fingertips. he would also be a great off ball player.

Last edited:
So, CP just tweeted out "Magical #32" -- That's about his birthday right? Not a cryptic suggestion he's going to sign with the Lakers because of Magic? Right? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom