OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

‏Verified account  @ZO2_ 29 Oct 2013
You ain't even gotta watch the Clippers games jus watch there highlights. Cuz every other play is basically one
1f60c.png
#LobCity

3 replies 116 retweets 110 likes
Zo a real one lol

Why not build a package around Griffin that the Pacers would except as long as George agrees to sign a long term deal. LA is where he wants to be so why not? With the Clippers current roster they won't be getting out of the 2nd rd anytime soon.
Because Blake Griffin when Healthy is just as good, if not better than Paul George. 6'10 PF's who shoot 3's and avg 22/8/5 on 50/35/76 at 27 years old aren't really replaceable like that.

PG isn't the answer.

Not to mention Blake's a FA so it's not like we can just up and trade him right now even if we wanted to.

Because Blake Griffin when Healthy is just as good, if not better than Paul George. 6'10 PF's who shoot 3's and avg 22/8/5 on 50/35/76 at 27 years old aren't really replaceable like that.

PG isn't the answer.

Not to mention Blake's a FA so it's not like we can just up and trade him right now even if we wanted to.

That is if Blake can stay healthy. You have to admit he has had his fair share of injury problems over the past couple of years.

Quote:
That is if Blake can stay healthy. You have to admit he has had his fair share of injury problems over the past couple of years.
Absolutely. But I'm pro any basketball player who's injuries are as freaky as Blake's. This isn't a situation where There's a lingering knee issue, or something like that. It's a random elbow infection, a random broken toe off of a layup, injuries that to me scream just bad luck.

I feel like either next season whether it be with us or somewhere else that he'll put it together and stay on the floor. He's not tearing an ACL or blowing out his achillies (Knock on wood) these are just flat out bad luck injuries

Because from where I stand, and I don't know where you'd rank blake, and yes he's had a rush of bad luck with freak accidents injury wise, and I know that NBA culture has kind of forgotten about him, but man Blake is becoming underrated.

He has faults for sure, but how many Bigs can give you what Blake did last season man? In a 'down' year he put up 22/8/5 on 50/35/76. He's a PF that since Feb 1st, is making 37% of his 3's. Ppl are really forgetting how good of a talent he is and I just hope we keep him because I know how great of a basketball player he is.

Yeah, I like PG a lot, but trading Blake for him is a lateral move for the Clips at best - especially considering the team they're chasing is GSW.

Yeah, I like PG a lot, but trading Blake for him is a lateral move for the Clips at best - especially considering the team they're chasing is GSW.

I would actually disagree. While I think BG is the better player, having a 6'9 SF that can create his own shot and play good defense....**** it, sign me up.

I think Cp3, PG, DJ is a better dynamic.

Then again, I'm cool with just waiting out Golden State till they have to make decisions and let Klay or Draymond walk.

Thinking out loud,

If we bring Blake and CP back, that's a 50+ win team, which means we're still trying to win a championship (Even if that's not really a logical outcome for any team not named GSW)

That being said,

How can you have a 38 year old inefficient chucker who can't guard anyone, playing 30 minutes a night, and look in the mirror and say "Yes, we're competing for a ring" that's asinine man. No other 50 win team out west has that.

How can you seriously say you're trying to compete for a ring with a 33 year old undersized 2 who's unathletic and can't guard his position who come playoff time, is swallowed by length, youth, and size of the opposition.

I say this because, if we bring CP and Blake back then that obviously means we're still trying to compete, but bringing either of these two back is completely contradictory of that. The Jamal Crawford, JJ redick types are nowhere to be found on a GSW, SAS, Utah,etc. We were closing games with both of those guys on the floor man. Jamal led us in 4th quarter minutes. Just a flawed roster that becomes even more flawed when injuries take place, and from a roster construction standpoint is a roster that is full of red flags that run contradictory towards what we're trying to do as a team.

Idk how any Clipper fan could want either of these two back, especially Jamal. Still think JJ has some good value and i'd welcome him back in a bench role. Definitely not in a starting capacity.

Yea, JJ maxed out his talents. Lowkey over achieved. I wouldn't mind keeping him just not at that stupid amount of money, and if we have a real SF alongside him.

Jamal, I'm serious when I say this, had the tools to be a perennial all star. If he had, say, Blake's IQ and willingness to pass....he'd be an amazing player. That handle should have made his career so easy. Instead he's been encouraged to shoot any time he touches the ball.

Also it took me a while to figure out who the hell you were talkingn about when you said 38 yrs old lmfao. He still look 30 :rofl:

Mo Buckets opted out. Whatever. He's a better all-around player than I thought before he got here, but not a real differnence maker most of the time. Plus, I kind of think Doc needs to get over this idea we need a stretch 4/5. He's insisted on having someone in that role since he got here and it's never really helped much.

Rather have a back up C who can't shoot, but who can defend and rebound better than Mo, Hawes, Mullens, etc.

[quote name="erupt107th" url="/t/637058/official-los-angeles-clippers-2016-2017-season-thread-playoffs-round-1-v-jazz-sunday-funday-game-7/3720#post_28162107]

Also it took me a while to figure out who the hell you were talkingn about when you said 38 yrs old lmfao. He still look 30 :rofl:[/quote]

Doc also must have forgot how old he was when he gave Jamal a 4 year contract last summer. We got him until he's 42. Yikes.

CP3 leave money on the table and head to San Antonio?

Wouldn't be surprised.

I need CP3 to go ahead and get a ring so it's one less thing people can knock him for. Don't care where he gets it.

Also, letting Blake be the undisputed leader of the team would be fun to watch. 25-8-6 type stuff :pimp:

The long-time Clippers fan in me is really starting to worry that both Blake and CP go elsewhere. But **** it if they do. If both Steph and KD get extended this Summer, nobody from the West is touching the Warriors for years anyway. We'll start our rebuild after the GSW era is over.

The long-time Clippers fan in me is really starting to worry that both Blake and CP go elsewhere. But **** it if they do. If both Steph and KD get extended this Summer, nobody from the West is touching the Warriors for years anyway. We'll start our rebuild after the GSW era is over.
I suppose both leaving isn't the end of the world for us.

All of our future picks that we've traded away are lottery protected IIRC.

Our pick in next year's draft would be top 3, top 5 ish. Move DJ for some more youth or pick(s), and go on from there. My only suggestion in this scenario would be to make sure that you gut the team completely and get as much cost controlled cheap talent in here and bottom out.

But, with that being said, I do not believe BOTH will not resign.

That's over 55 Million dollars for CP that he would be leaving on the table, not to mention the Spurs would have to do some serious gymnastics just to make room for CP and still wouldn't come close to the Clips offer monetarily. Factor in the fact that the Clippers, despite popular notion, are still a really good team and not that far from SAS, and you get an extremely unlikely situation.

Blake's situation isn't as complicated financially but the pastures he could potentially go to can't pay what the Clippers are paying, and the teams he could potentially go to realistically aren't as good as LAC.

I think the Clips trading for Melo and shooting their shot with Chris Bosh at some point are far more likely.

^^^ I'm speculating, but I think legacy is more important to CP than money. I think he'll go where he thinks he has the best chance of winning. If it's SAS, so be it.

I don't think the same is true of Blake. Money, location, winning, etc. will all be a factor for him.

Luc to opt out, as expected. Might be tough to bring him back. Could see another team swooping in with a big offer to him while working on re-signing Blake and CP.

I think we find a way to retain him. Those early bird rights will work heavily in our favor. Hopefully.

Regardless, he deserves it. A big reason why the starting lineup was so potent, and he took a jump offensively. Took a career high in 3pt attempts this season while converting almost 40% of them and being an all NBA defender.

S/o luc
pimp.gif

Love Luc, but don't want him back. Let CP wakl, keep Blake. Get him on the LeBron plan so he never gets injured again. Find a way to acquire a wing player. Win a championship. Get me a bottle of Jameson. Bring some thots to the parade. Take them to the Snooty Fox.

That should be the plan imo.

Back
Top Bottom