Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

You guys can watch the Dodgers Intersquad Game < there. It's a 5 min. preview but then you can download software in order to watch the full video.

Thanks for that vid.
pimp.gif

can't wait for the season to get under way
pimp.gif
. i'll be at the first 3 games for sure this season and hopefully a bunch more.

This will be the initial lineup for tomorrow:

LF Pierre
SS Furcal

That is the only ones set,
laugh.gif
, all the regulars will play though, so I amassuming it is going to turn out something like this:

LF Pierre
SS Furcal
CF Jones
2B Kent
RF Kemp
1B Loney
C Martin
3B Garciaparra
P Jason Johnson

Garciaparra could be put in the 3 hole and drop everyone in the order, so it will be interesting to see tomorrow.

More info on the Coliseum game:

McCourt first addressed members of the media on Wednesday about the game, which will likely break the single-game attendance figure of 93,103 that the Dodgers established in 1959, when they played the Yankees in an exhibition game as a fund-raiser for former Dodgers catcher Roy Campanella, who had been crippled in a car accident the year before.

"We're happy to announce that we've figured out a way to accommodate 25,000 more fans for the exhibition game on March 29," McCourt said. "In fact, some fans will get to watch the game right on the field itself. These additional tickets will be available this Saturday, when single-game tickets for the regular season go on sale."

This is good news for a lot of fans who were unable to purchase tickets for the game at the end of January, and if all of the seats and standing-room sections are filled, the game will feature an attendance of more than 115,000 fans.

The game, which will start at 7:10 p.m. PT, is part of a full day of activity around the Coliseum. McCourt and Dodgers chief marketing officer Charles Steinberg announced that the club will hold a Fan Fest at the Coliseum from noon to 6 p.m. on the day of the game, with carnival-type games, baseball discussions with general manager Ned Colletti and other Dodgers personnel and autograph tables.

"The Fan Fest will start at noon and will be free of charge -- all you have to do is have a ticket to the game," McCourt said. "This way, you can come down at noon and spend the day with your friends and your family. There will be all kinds of activities that you would normally find at a Fan Fest, and this way, you can also beat the traffic and find a parking space.

"That is something we are focused on, because it's going to be a challenge getting all the cars into the stadium area. By coming early, that will help that, and we just got permission to open the gates at 4:10 p.m. so fans can actually be here to watch batting practice, which may be as much fun as watching the Home Run Derby at the All-Star Game."

The Dodgers also announced that beginning at 11 a.m. on the day of the game, fans can park for free at Dodger Stadium, and a shuttle service will continue between the stadium and the Coliseum until 11:30 p.m. For parking reservations, fans can call Dodgers guest services at (323) 224-1507. This will enable the organization to know how many cars will be parking at the stadium for the event.

Braves vs Dodgers today and tomorrow

Andruw Jones has said that he will be making the trip to China to play the exhibition games.

I'm not a big fan of Andruw's new Jordans hopefully he can get some better looking Jordans anyway some recent pics.

I miss him already.
frown.gif

el1d2q.jpg

14lt4w8.jpg

2ztfskw.jpg

These are my favorite of Andruw's Jordans
pimp.gif

veb3wm.jpg

21cys1k.jpg

Those Vs are sick. But surely he'll break something sicker out deeper into the season.

What time is the game on ESPN tomorrow?

wow i cant believe there selling more tickets for the coliseum .. that place is going to be hot and jam packed ! the starters better play the whole damn gamebecause 115,000 people are going to be watching that game and torre better play hes stars..

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

wow i cant believe there selling more tickets for the coliseum .. that place is going to be hot and jam packed ! the starters better play the whole damn game because 115,000 people are going to be watching that game and torre better play hes stars..

Where are they selling more??

Those Vs are sick. But surely he'll break something sicker out deeper into the season.

Tomorrow's game is at 1pm Eastern Time.

Top prospect Jordan Schafer went 2-for-3 with a pair of singles. The Braves had only three other hits, including Flowers' wind-blown homer off lefty Brian Shackleford.

Rookie Jair Jurrjens is set to start Friday against the Dodgers at Disney's Wide World of Sports in his Braves debut, with scheduled relief from Buddy Carlyle, Tyler Yates, lefty Will Ohman and Peter Moylan. Right-hander Hiroki Kurode is scheduled to start for the Dodgers.
Jair should be interesting to watch.

BRAVES FIELDING
Outfield assists: Diaz (Kemp at 3rd base), Francoeur 2 (Martin, R at 1st base
eek.gif
laugh.gif
, Repko at 3rd base
eek.gif
).

Jeff Francoeur showing off his cannon.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

wow i cant believe there selling more tickets for the coliseum .. that place is going to be hot and jam packed ! the starters better play the whole damn game because 115,000 people are going to be watching that game and torre better play hes stars..

damn i really dont know.. i just read it in the papers this morning on the sports section..

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

damn i really dont know.. i just read it in the papers this morning on the sports section..
Damn, cuz I looked at the Dodgers' website and they say sold out.

I'm bidding on a couple of them on ebay anyway.

For those looking to buy tickets for the Coliseum game on March 29, McCourt said that tickets will be available to purchase this saturday when tickets will beavailable for purchase as well as single game tickets for the Dodgers.

This is going to be a great game to watch anyone going? Place looks great.

6s8d91.jpg

cowih.jpg

For those looking to buy tickets for the Coliseum game on March 29, McCourt said that tickets will be available to purchase this saturday when tickets will be available for purchase as well as single game tickets for the Dodgers.

This is going to be a great game to watch anyone going? Place looks great.

Thanks for that info MFr3shM, I will definitely be theremyself. And I agree, the place looks great, better than I expected.
pimp.gif

I hope that wall in Left Field will be high enough, otherwise, balls will be flying out. Lol.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Tomorrow's game is at 1pm Eastern Time.

Top prospect Jordan Schafer went 2-for-3 with a pair of singles. The Braves had only three other hits, including Flowers' wind-blown homer off lefty Brian Shackleford.

Rookie Jair Jurrjens is set to start Friday against the Dodgers at Disney's Wide World of Sports in his Braves debut, with scheduled relief from Buddy Carlyle, Tyler Yates, lefty Will Ohman and Peter Moylan. Right-hander Hiroki Kurode is scheduled to start for the Dodgers.
Jair should be interesting to watch.

BRAVES FIELDING
eek.gif
laugh.gif
, Repko at 3rd base
eek.gif
).

Jeff Francoeur showing off his cannon.
pimp.gif

i dont think francoeur was showing off his cannon just bad base running on the dodgers part. better to get that out the way now.

Andy LaRoche hit a hard double (rbi) off of Jair 1st inning.

Still an impressing start for Jair. Hiroki Kurode pitched good too no runs over 2 innings he has a weird delivery.

Javy Lopez with a 2 run homerun
happy.gif
off of Esteban Loiza.

I hope you didn't miss out today and I hope you didn't overpay for a charity game, when the info was posted in the post I made a couple ofdays back.

If you missed out and/or overpaid? Then your to blame for failing to read, in your case, valuable information.

BRAVES FIELDING
eek.gif
laugh.gif
, Repko at 3rd base
eek.gif
).

What is funny is that you think that Francoeur threw out Martin. It was a "gift" assist. Martin tried to steal second and Jeff Kentlined out to Francouer. Martin was still sliding when the ball hit Francouer's glove, so basically giving him no shot to get back to first. Kemp gotthrown out when he tried to go from 1st to 3rd, the only problem was that Loney was standing on third (
eyes.gif
). For reference sake, Kemp beat the throw by a mile, so that is two"gift" assists. It sucks when you just look at the box scores, because once someone tells you what actually happened, it doesn't look thatimpressive.

ST record so far 1-2.

Penny and the gang pitched a good game, but the offense took a day off.

My bad i didn't see the game i just read the box score. Francoeur is still a beast with the assists.

I hope the Dodgers do great this year and Andruw gets better stats this year.

My bad i didn't see the game i just read the box score. Francoeur is still a beast with the assists.
I wasn't trying to go off on you. I understand it is Spring Training and most people just browse the box scores. Most of the big baseballfans I know and speak with do that just for the simple fact that Spring Training games come on at odd times (Especially on the West Coast). I hardly watchSpring Training games since I am at work, but I do tune in on the ol' radio, getting baseball the old fashion way.

For Andruw fans and Dodger fans:

mlb22_ajones2_photo_01_dp.jpg

For Dodger fans:

mlb21_ngarciaparra4_photo_03_dp.jpg

I'm not a huge McFarlane collector, but I do buy one or two of every Dodger.

Back
Top Bottom