Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Kemp is going to beast this year.
Druw Jones looks out of shape.
Schmidt will prove to be a huge waste of money.

ANYONE NEEDS ONE TICKET FOR THE DODGER GAME AT THE COLISEUM TOMORROW.. MY COUSIN IS SELLING ONE TICKET FOR 50 BUX...
PM ME IF INTERESTED.!

section 25 (SEATING)

Nosebleed... but
pimp.gif
nonetheless..

all i can say that i had more fun watching batting practice then the game.. and also , Dodgers players are aholes.. lol i was right behind them screaming forthem to turn around and hand me a ball. and they wouldnt look back.. at least Dice K said hey and waved at me..

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

all i can say that i had more fun watching batting practice then the game.. and also , Dodgers players are aholes.. lol i was right behind them screaming for them to turn around and hand me a ball. and they wouldnt look back.. at least Dice K said hey and waved at me..

laugh.gif
... This reminds me of one moment, in between innings, where MattKemp was tossing the ball with Eithier... once they were done practically the whole right side of the field and "homerun" section also were yellingat him and asking for the ball (basically occurs every game). Anyway, point is there's only 1 ball for xxx,xxx amount of fans and i'm sure the onlycompletely satisfied one is the one that ends up with the ball.
Point is, these dudes are out there doing their job and they can't respond oracknowledge everyone... there would never be a game. But, from what I've heard and read from people that have met Martin, Kemp, Loney, and the rest of theDodgers, hell - even Kent, is that their pretty coo' and will take the time to talk to you/sign a ball if they are able to.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

all i can say that i had more fun watching batting practice then the game.. and also , Dodgers players are aholes.. lol i was right behind them screaming for them to turn around and hand me a ball. and they wouldnt look back.. at least Dice K said hey and waved at me..

laugh.gif
... This reminds me of one moment, in between innings, where Matt Kemp was tossing the ball with Eithier... once they were done practically the whole right side of the field and "homerun" section also were yelling at him and asking for the ball (basically occurs every game). Anyway, point is there's only 1 ball for xxx,xxx amount of fans and i'm sure the only completely satisfied one is the one that ends up with the ball.
Point is, these dudes are out there doing their job and they can't respond or acknowledge everyone... there would never be a game. But, from what I've heard and read from people that have met Martin, Kemp, Loney, and the rest of the Dodgers, hell - even Kent, is that their pretty coo' and will take the time to talk to you/sign a ball if they are able to.

lol that i could understand in between games.. but whens its just batting practice and they are just there standing waiting for the ball to come to them..they could at least acknowledge fans and pose for the camera..

edit: oh yeah Big Papi is a beast.. most of hes batting practice home runs were past the center field..

I'm so glad Joe sacked up and put Pierre on the bench.

Ethier deserves to start. I hope Pierre starts whining, that way we have a reason to get rid of him.

I'm a toronto fan, but i've always loved juan pierre, why all the hate for him? he can hit pretty well (singles at least), his fielding is on point,and speed is where hes strong at...

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

I'm a toronto fan, but i've always loved juan pierre, why all the hate for him? he can hit pretty well (singles at least), his fielding is on point, and speed is where hes strong at...

no power, not a strong arm (runners always take an extra base on him), many people say his on base % should be better for a leadoff type hitter,continuously leaving runners in scoring position or not being able to move a runner over, etc. etc... it's just things that frustrate fans who watch a lotof the games...
he does steal 60+ bases and get close to 200 hits but he also has a high number of outs. I have always considered him like an overpaidPinch runner almost... anyway, glad Ethier got the job....

Go Dodgers!!

Hey guys, who's going to Opening Day tomorrow?
happy.gif

Iron Man, or badboyfolife, do you guys know what time they open the gates tomorrow? What time do you guys suggest to be there?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

I'm a toronto fan, but i've always loved juan pierre, why all the hate for him? he can hit pretty well (singles at least), his fielding is on point, and speed is where hes strong at...

no power, not a strong arm (runners always take an extra base on him), many people say his on base % should be better for a leadoff type hitter, continuously leaving runners in scoring position or not being able to move a runner over, etc. etc... it's just things that frustrate fans who watch a lot of the games...
he does steal 60+ bases and get close to 200 hits but he also has a high number of outs. I have always considered him like an overpaid Pinch runner almost... anyway, glad Ethier got the job....

Go Dodgers!!

interesting, i guess i dont watch enough dodgers games (the only time i watch em is when the jays play em
laugh.gif
) to notice that, i just go by his stats, replays, and know of him through otherthings

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

happy.gif

Iron Man, or badboyfolife, do you guys know what time they open the gates tomorrow? What time do you guys suggest to be there?

Thanks.

man i wish i got tickets for opening day .. but im not going to be there.. i dont what time gates open but usually im always there 30-45 minutes beforegame starts.. thats just me ....
Hope you have fun tomorrow and start off with a good 1-0 .as for me i started the season 0-1 .. hahaha
damn i cant believe we lost yesterday.. even though it was exhibition ..we should have won..

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

happy.gif

Thanks.

man i wish i got tickets for opening day .. but im not going to be there.. i dont what time gates open but usually im always there 30-45 minutes before game starts.. thats just me ....
Hope you have fun tomorrow and start off with a good 1-0 .as for me i started the season 0-1 .. hahaha
damn i cant believe we lost yesterday.. even though it was exhibition ..we should have won..

Thanks for the reply. I ask only because since it's opening day, I'm sure it will be hectic around Dodger stadium.

This will be my first Opening Day in my 23 years of life
laugh.gif

Dang it, I am going to miss the entire game tommorrow due to school
mad.gif

Opening day games are always nice to watch.

It was a wild weekend, I've been working 12-15 hour days since Thursday. Yesterday was wild, but it was an awesome experience. I was behind home plate,next to Andruw Jones (Dope PE AJ III's) in the on deck circle when Furcal scored the first run of the game,
smokin.gif
. Closest I will ever be at an official (exhibition) MLB game, felt as if Iwas at a local recreation park and looking from the backstop.

I would suggest getting there early and "tailgaiting" at Elysian Park and walking to the stadium. Traffic is going to be a b-- so don't try toget there an hour before game time, you will not get in by game time. Get there early, stock the cooler and enjoy the day.

If you all manage to get there early head for the center field gate, they started the "Centerfield Experience", so you can watch BP from the warningtrack in CF. Plus you can get an autograph from a former player. If you have never been on the field, here is your chance, they will be doing it for theentire season.

Gates will open at 11:10 AM, I suggest getting there ASAP and just make a day of it.

Got to hit the hay, back at the ballpark at 6am.

per ITD

Furcal, SS
Ethier, LF
Kemp, RF
Kent, 2B
Jones, CF
Martin, C
Loney, 1B
TBA, 3B
Penny, P

Hopefully the Giants can pull out the W so we can be on top of the NL West for at least 1 day
tired.gif

Bengie Molina batting clean-up
tired.gif

Gonna be weird not watching Giants games without Barry

sorta off topic but damn the mlb gameday is hella sick this year, lots of improvements from last year!

looks like dewitt is playin 3rd, i think jones deserves the cleanup spot though

Back
Top Bottom