*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

Is Desmond back to his normal self now, or no? He's still gonna go back and forth between time?

someone called me during the last 10 minutes and ruined the moment. but damn, that ranks as one of the greatest LOST episodes so far.

that book from the Black Rock probably details the navigation route it took, when it crashed onto the Island. Widmoore planned the boat race around the world (the one Desmond takes to prove his worth to Widmoore) to coincide with this route, and thus leading Desmond right to the Island.
nerd.gif

and the Present Desmond is returned, when the Past Desmond is able to establish a constant with the Present Penny. As he does this, Desmond recognizes Sayidand calls him by name.

Originally Posted by vector23

someone called me during the last 10 minutes and ruined the moment. but damn, that ranks as one of the greatest LOST episodes so far.

that book from the Black Rock probably details the navigation route it took, when it crashed onto the Island. Widmoore planned the boat race around the world ( the one Desmond takes to prove his worth to Widmoore) to coincide with this route, and thus leading Desmond right to the Island.
nerd.gif

and the Present Desmond is returned, when the Past Desmond is able to establish a constant with the Present Penny. As he does this, Desmond recognizes Sayid and calls him by name.
Did you just avy jack me?
laugh.gif

Is Desmond back to his normal self now, or no? He's still gonna go back and forth between time?
He is back to his current state.

that book from the Black Rock probably details the navigation route it took, when it crashed onto the Island. Widmoore planned the boat race around the world ( the one Desmond takes to prove his worth to Widmoore) to coincide with this route, and thus leading Desmond right to the Island.
C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRAAFIP%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif

and the Present Desmond is returned, when the Past Desmond is able to establish a constant with the Present Penny. As he does this, Desmond recognizes Sayid and calls him by name.

you guys are getting MUCH better....very very good observation. (Journal)

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

He is back to his current state.
So he now remembers everyone/everything from the island?

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

nerd.gif

Did you just avy jack me?
laugh.gif
damn son is just cold blooded not only did he but he came in here and posted with it lmao
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

nerd.gif

Goooooood stuff sir...
pimp.gif

roll.gif
@ How blatant that avy jack was tho...

Jblack couldn't even believe it...
laugh.gif

Edit - During the last scene of the preview, It seems as if Farraday, Charlotte, And Juliet are in another hatch...
nerd.gif

The Orchid
wink.gif

Thank you Dajoker for reminding me to make my "focus points" episode post...

1. Daniel making Desmond his constant.
2. Widmore winning the journal.
3. Widmore leaving the faucet on
4. Widmore saying he doesn't dislike Desmond.
5. Jack and Daniel speaking about the helicopter, and how time might be different.
6. George dying.

Ok, I'm not getting it... can someone explain why is it important/shocking that Desmond is Daniel's constant?

It 's probably the best Lost episode so far imo. The episode went by too fast lol probably because it was so good

Best episode I have seen so far.... I really like the time travel thing they did with Desmond and Faraday.

Vector- that is one hell of an observation. I've been working on my watching/observation skills after reading the past 10 pages to see "the bigpicture".

NYC- thanks for the info as always.

Originally Posted by Purple Face

23 42

23 42

23 42

23 42

23 42

23 42

23 42

23 42

23 42

23 42

23 42

23 42

2004-1996=8

Penny's address=423 Cheyne Walk
The numbers just come up about in every episode.

Ok, I'm not getting it... can someone explain why is it important/shocking that Desmond is Daniel's constant?
So Dan wrote that after meeting Desmond....I guess he wrote it down just in case. He knows the mouse died. I take it as a precaution. I don'tthink he wrote Des' name knowing that he would one day run into him again on on island somewhere in the South Pacific.....

I could tell from reading about this episode last week (and that's why I asked nycknicks before the episode aired) that it would be one of my favorites ofall time. It did not disappoint.

5. Jack and Daniel speaking about the helicopter, and how time might be different.
6. George dying.

Before I get to your points, I have a question about Desmond. So we have sort of 2 Desmonds on the boat. One remembers the island, one does not. The one whodoes not remember the island goes back to the past and brings memories back and forth but does not remember the 8 years that have passed. Now, when he findshis constant, the Desmond who does not remember the island is merged back with the Desmond who remembers the island? And, on the other hand, the Desmond in thepast now is the same Desmond from the past, separate from either of the 2 Desmonds on the boat? Or the Desmond who goes back and forth was really the Desmondfrom the past? Is anyone still following me?

I guess the essential issue is the constant. Somehow it allows you to make sense of the difference in time. I wonder what constants Ben and Richard Alpertuse.
nerd.gif
And Hanso too?

2) I think vector23 gave a great answer to this.
3) I don't quite get this. Why was it important? Was it to let Desmond know how long he was out for?

4) So whoever is behind all this has chosen Desmond as the one who will be cursed and Widmore is merely following orders in a way.... That's how I see it.

5) Leaving in dusk and arriving during the day is another huge clue....

6) The other thing was the radiation exposure. We know that's tied to why Desmond has his problems. Daniel has exposure to his head due to his experiments,right? So he probably is at risk for the same problem that Desmond has, which is why he makes the note in his notebook.

The last scene got me emotional too. Of everything in the show, the Penny-Desmond relationship is probably the deepest.

Just something to think about, but I'm still too confused to make sense of it.... But it is especially relevant after tonight's episode:
In an EW.com article, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse answered the fan question, "What is the meaning or significance of the two skeletons that Jack and Kate found in the cave of season 1?"
CUSE: The answer to that question goes to the nature of the timeline of the Island. We don't want to say too much about it, but there are a couple Easter eggs embedded in "Not in Portland", one of which is an anagram that actually sheds some light on the skeletons and hints at a larger mythological mystery that will start to unfold later in the season.
LINDELOF: There were certain things we knew from the very beginning. Independent of ever knowing when the end was going to be, we knew what it was going to be, and we wanted to start setting it up as early as season 1, or else people would think that we were making it up as we were going along. So the skeletons are the living-or, I guess, slowly decomposing-proof of that. When all is said and done, people are going to point to the skeletons and say, "That is proof that from the very beginning, they always knew that they were going to do this."

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

I could tell from reading about this episode last week (and that's why I asked nycknicks before the episode aired) that it would be one of my favorites of all time. It did not disappoint.

6. George dying.

Before I get to your points, I have a question about Desmond. So we have sort of 2 Desmonds on the boat. One remembers the island, one does not. The one who does not remember the island goes back to the past and brings memories back and forth but does not remember the 8 years that have passed. Now, when he finds his constant, the Desmond who does not remember the island is merged back with the Desmond who remembers the island? And, on the other hand, the Desmond in the past now is the same Desmond from the past, separate from either of the 2 Desmonds on the boat? Or the Desmond who goes back and forth was really the Desmond from the past? Is anyone still following me?

I guess the essential issue is the constant. Somehow it allows you to make sense of the difference in time. I wonder what constants Ben and Richard Alpert use.
nerd.gif
And Hanso too?

2) I think vector23 gave a great answer to this.
3) I don't quite get this. Why was it important? Was it to let Desmond know how long he was out for?

4) So whoever is behind all this has chosen Desmond as the one who will be cursed and Widmore is merely following orders in a way.... That's how I see it.

5) Leaving in dusk and arriving during the day is another huge clue....

6) The other thing was the radiation exposure. We know that's tied to why Desmond has his problems. Daniel has exposure to his head due to his experiments, right? So he probably is at risk for the same problem that Desmond has, which is why he makes the note in his notebook.

The last scene got me emotional too. Of everything in the show, the Penny-Desmond relationship is probably the deepest.

Just something to think about, but I'm still too confused to make sense of it.... But it is especially relevant after tonight's episode:
In an EW.com article, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse answered the fan question, "What is the meaning or significance of the two skeletons that Jack and Kate found in the cave of season 1?"
CUSE: The answer to that question goes to the nature of the timeline of the Island. We don't want to say too much about it, but there are a couple Easter eggs embedded in "Not in Portland", one of which is an anagram that actually sheds some light on the skeletons and hints at a larger mythological mystery that will start to unfold later in the season.
LINDELOF: There were certain things we knew from the very beginning. Independent of ever knowing when the end was going to be, we knew what it was going to be, and we wanted to start setting it up as early as season 1, or else people would think that we were making it up as we were going along. So the skeletons are the living-or, I guess, slowly decomposing-proof of that. When all is said and done, people are going to point to the skeletons and say, "That is proof that from the very beginning, they always knew that they were going to do this."

Bravo for discovering Richard Alpert, and Ben do the same.....im very impressed.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Soooooo.........my man nyknicks.......can we get a little teaser for next week like you did last season?

I was just about to do so....

1. Ethan come's back!!!!
2. Tell's Juliet to stop the freighter people.
3. We see her reaction to Goodwins death.
4. New hatch is discovered.
5. Jack and Juliet share a passionate kiss.
6. Charles Widmore makes an appearance.

Thats it for now...next week i will go into much detail as i did earlier tonight. I just need to see the episode one more time before i go into detail.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Only anagram I remember from that episode is Mittelos = Lost time.

tongue.gif

btw, I wonder how all this relates to people coming back from the "dead." Actually, it seems so obvious that I'm not going to say anythingmore.

Back
Top Bottom