*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Boone
pimp.gif

did i miss something? where was boone?

I thought we knew Aaron didn't count already..? but now its 3 additional survivors? why did they say 2 before?

EDIT: and how the hell do you put a polar bear down there? whats wrong with getting any other bear to do it?

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Boone
pimp.gif

did i miss something? where was boone?

Nah, Jack just mentioned him in the press conference. I wonder why he chose who he did when talking about survivors and who died?

Also, why is the wheel being moved making Jacob happy now? The O6 would of landed right back on the island had it not been moved right when it did.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

I thought we knew Aaron didn't count already..? but now its 3 additional survivors? why did they say 2 before?

EDIT: and how the hell do you put a polar bear down there? whats wrong with getting any other bear to do it?

Dude you're nitpicking at the wrong things. If it was a brown bear you would've said. "Why not get a polar bear?" Thats not the point.

Originally Posted by schaefmp

So they set us up for another ridiculous storyline being that if and when Sayid goes after Penny for Ben is he going to see Desmond and follow through with the kill or not do it given their history?
Awesome thought.

good point... in fact, this is probably why Desmond wasn't in the casket in the end, because that would've made the answer to the question far tooeasy... (the question(s) being, does Sayid kill Penny (and Desmond) ... not to say that this doesn't happen because I don't know, and I hope not...butwe all know that it's a future possibility)

For someone who is a hopeless romantic, such as myself, the storyline's tension between Desmond and Penny finally breaking and finally finding each otherwas (for me) the best moment in Lost history. One of the most emotional scenes I've ever watched ever. I can imagine that there were very few dry eyes fortrue Lost fans. Wow... just wow. BETTER than Prince Charming finding Cinderella imo....

More randomness...:
-could it be that the very last episode of Lost, when Jack FINALLY gets back to the island, he travels back in time to the moment the plane crashed.... likethe matrix, where the matrix is reloaded with "the one" and several other people to start again?? ... i'm starting to believe in that theory thatthis isn't Jack's first time on the island too... Jack is stuck in a loop, and each time he goes back he tries to "save the world (or the islandor Kate or whatever)"... but he keeps failing so that's why he has to go back so he can try again..... hey it could be... this might also be why Jackdoesn't go back to save Jin, because he knows that Jin isn't dead, though unfortunately, Sun doesn't know that ... give me hope... i don'tthink Jin is dead....
And Jin died also. Unless he is a faster swimmer then a helicopter, even if he made it off the boat, he wouldnt have made it back to the island before it moved.

good point....
ohwell.gif
.... though, what baffled me is that afterPenny's boat rescued them, why didn't Sun convince them to go back to the wreckage to search for survivors?? They couldn't have been that far offof the wreckage and especially if they (Jack) had developed some plan to sail 3000 miles away they could've spared a couple hundred miles just incase...That almost seems uncharacteristic of people who had been in a catastrophe and survived to not investigate another catastrophe for survivors.

-speaking of 3000 miles, has anyone researched the fake crash point and done a radius of 3000 miles to identify where the real plane crash might have been?

-if they ALL have to go back, does that mean Walt has to come too??? I mean because if Ben says Locke has to come back, and he wasn't part of the O6, to methat would mean that Walt would have to go back too... what about Desmond?

-i hope it truly was the end for Michael and there isn't some type of gimmick between him and Christian...hated the character, hated that they brought himback, glad he's gone... waste of screen time ... good riddance

-i also feel the same way about calling Locke "Jeremy" amongst each other... regardless of being "watched", that doesn't make muchsense ... in fact, I think Kate tells Jack not to say his real name.... !$+?! are they mic'ed up? gimme a break... I think this was just bad writing tofigure out who they wanted to put in the casket.... and THAT'S why they didn't say a name amongst themselves.

-anyone else think that Widmore had to once move the island and now he can't get back?

... though pretty much everything i've thought up has been completely wrong, these are my 2 cents for the finale... so take all that crap i just typedout for whatever it's worth...

-jester

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Dude you're nitpicking at the wrong things. If it was a brown bear you would've said. "Why not get a polar bear?" Thats not the point.
no... considering that they're on a tropical island and theres no ice besides down under the hatch, I'm just wondering why they wouldn'tuse a regular bear. Maybe it adds to the mystery of the whole thing, who knows. Polar bears tend to be pretty damn big, if you're gonna put a bear downthere why go out of your way to get a polar bear?

All in all its really not that serious to me, I'm just curious.

-i also feel the same way about calling Locke "Jeremy" amongst each other... regardless of being "watched", that doesn't make much sense ... in fact, I think Kate tells Jack not to say his real name.... !$+?! are they mic'ed up? gimme a break... I think this was just bad writing to figure out who they wanted to put in the casket.... and THAT'S why they didn't say a name amongst themselves.
With 3 different endings it would've been stupid of them to say Locke instead of an alias. Not to mention it adds to the suspense for thecliff hanger.

I have so many questions, I don't even know where to start...

Why did they boot off Michael?

What's gonna happen between Penny and Desmond?

What's up with Sun's vendetta against Jack? I mean, her life was on the line, and they couldn't just rescue Jin.

Why did Christian show up and say something with Michael before everything exploded?

How the hell did John let hell break loose on the island and eventually die?

Where did Sayid and Hurley go?

Are they going back to the island?

I can't wait till season 5, next year can't come soon enough...

one final point after reading all the analysis and theories and whatnot... i can't help to imagine the comparisons between the scene where Locke finds Kateand tells her they have to go back to the island to Doc Brown in the first scene of BTTF 2 talking to Marty:

"We have to go back!"

"Where?"

"Back..... to the FUTURE!"

... lol ...

-jester

-speaking of 3000 miles, has anyone researched the fake crash point and done a radius of 3000 miles to identify where the real plane crash might have been?
Awesome question, I was wondering this as well.

Originally Posted by thejester03

one final point after reading all the analysis and theories and whatnot... i can't help to imagine the comparisons between the scene where Locke finds Kate and tells her they have to go back to the island to Doc Brown in the first scene of BTTF 2 talking to Marty:

"We have to go back!"

"Where?"

"Back..... to the FUTURE!"

... lol ...

-jester

Yeah haha thats what I was thinking too..

-jester

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Awesome question, I was wondering this as well.

Isn't 3000 miles the length of the US... to me that sounds rather large (no Daniel Faraday)

And Jin died also. Unless he is a faster swimmer then a helicopter, even if he made it off the boat, he wouldnt have made it back to the island before it moved.
Well the question remains what happen to Faraday and those other people with him. He could have picked up Jin and other survivors from the boat.

-i hope it truly was the end for Michael and there isn't some type of gimmick between him and Christian...hated the character, hated that they brought him back, glad he's gone... waste of screen time ... good riddance
Dude is dead whatever that means on the Island though is a ????

His TV Guide interview:

TV Guide: Did you know Michael was being killed off when you returned?
Harold Perrineau: I had no idea. It's like, what the hell? I came back for that?

TV Guide: You're laughing as you say that, but you don't sound particularly pleased.
Perrineau: I'm disappointed, mostly because I wanted Michael and Walt to have a happy ending. I was hoping Michael would get it together and actually wantto be a father to his kid and try to figure out a way to get back [home]. But this is [the producers'] story. If I were writing it, I would write itdifferently.

TV Guide:: So when did you get the news?
Perrineau: [Lindelof and fellow executive producer Carlton Cuse] called before the finale scripts were out. They said they weren't going to continue withMichael.

TV Guide:: And what did you say to that?
Perrineau: At this point, I've been on the island, off the island, back on the island - so I just went, "Oh, ok." [Laughs] This is their show andthey know what they can or cannot write. I thought it was disappointing and a waste to come back, only to get beat up a few times and then killed. I felt likeit was sort of pandering to some fans who wanted to see Michael punished because he betrayed people.

TV Guide: Are you referring to when he shot and killed Ana Lucia and Libby in Season 2?
Perrineau: Exactly. I honestly feel like Michael's death served a really weird bloodlust for the fans.

TV Guide: Were you disappointed Michael and Walt didn't reconnect before your character died?
Perrineau: Listen, if I'm being really candid, there are all these questions about how they respond to black people on the show. Sayid gets to meet Nadiaagain, and Desmond and Penny hook up again, but a little black boy and his father hooking up, that wasn't interesting? Instead, Walt just winds up beinganother fatherless child. It plays into a really big, weird stereotype and, being a black person myself, that wasn't so interesting. [Responds Cuse:"We pride ourselves on having a very racially diverse cast. It's painful when any actor's storyline ends on the show. Harold is a fantastic actorwhose presence added enormously to Lost."]

TV Guide: Take me back to your last day of shooting.
Perrineau: My last day was kind of hectic. [Production] was trying to get me out because, at the time, my wife was a centimeter dilated.

TV Guide: Was she in labor at the hospital when you got back to L.A.?
Perrineau: No, I got home and then for another week, the baby would not come! We were like, "Seriously, dude, I was in Hawaii rushing like a madman!"I was talking to the baby, my wife was walking around, practically hiking, but the baby just would not come out! [Laughs] So we went to the hospital a weeklater and induced. A beautiful little girl came on May 7. Wynter Aria - I thought it was a nice name. It's poetic, and she's a little poetry in ourlife.

TV Guide: Let's talk highlights. Surely, you had some positive experiences on Lost.
Perrineau: Doing the job in Hawaii was cool. Getting to meet and work with [co-creator] JJ Abrams was very cool. The day we found out the show [premiered] sowell [in 2004] was an amazing day. We were all so hopeful and excited. The first season was one of my best years as a working actor. Not to say thereweren't tough times, but I loved the first season. And that one of my best friends, Dan [Dae Kim, who plays Jin], and I got to do pretty much the wholefinale together.

TV Guide: Dead characters have a way of returning to the show. Would you be open to that?
Perrineau: I'd love to go back and work with people I really like working with, but I would have to know what was happening [story-wise] before I showed upagain. Because this [last] storyline, I full-on feel, "No, that's not cool.'"

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2008/05/harold-perrineau-dishes-on-his-lost.htmlhttp://darkufo.blogspot.com/2008/05/harold-perrineau-dishes-on-his-lost.html

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap

i just realized something

ok so basically next season we are going to do flashbacks to the island for the 3 years and prob real time showing them all go back to the island right?

So we are going end up seeing Locke leaving the island to come find everyone because all hell broke loose and the island needs them back

Locke dies and Capt. Falafel says "they said it was suicide" with that look of yea right...

we all know he wouldn't kill himself, well who knows but still...imagine this.............

Sun kills Locke

You heard it here first

Thats what I think. You would need money to cover up a death.

End of Season 5, you will have the end of the 3 yr flashback showing Sun killing Locke and then a cut to current real time with Sun going back to the islandand having arrangements with Widmore that we know on the side. Sort of like her turning evil

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap

ok so basically next season we are going to do flashbacks to the island for the 3 years and prob real time showing them all go back to the island right?

So we are going end up seeing Locke leaving the island to come find everyone because all hell broke loose and the island needs them back

Locke dies and Capt. Falafel says "they said it was suicide" with that look of yea right...

we all know he wouldn't kill himself, well who knows but still...imagine this.............

Sun kills Locke

You heard it here first

Yeah next season should be in present time with any flashbacks actually being flashbacks to the Island's "dark time".

Only two seasons left to see what this crap has been all about. w00t

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap

Sun kills Locke

You heard it here first

Yeah next season should be in present time with any flashbacks actually being flashbacks to the Island's "dark time".

Only two seasons left to see what this crap has been all about. w00t
no i know for sure thats what it is just saying how they are setting up for Sun to be evil

And im assuming that we will see who killed Locke next season because thats sort of the end of the "3 yr flashback" just like how the flash foward ofJack telling Kate we need to go back "ended" last yrs season finale but picked up to real time last night.

Got me?

Damn nice find... I thought the sound was messed up but I guess not.

That might explain why she was "doing something" for Sawyer a few episodes back.

And override I can do that theory although Locke was/is one of my favorite characters I definitely hope to see more of his story next season. Also if Jack andthe rest of the O6 get back to the island I wouldn't be surprised to see Locke have a presence like Christian Shepard does on the island.

Locke is my favorite. His back story before he got to the island is just crazy. And how he was the Man of the island.

I really hope he don't screw up in the next two seasons. But, since he ends up dead, somehow I have a feeling he is going to fail in leading the islandback to whatever Jacob wants him to, and that's going to suck!!!!

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

I really hope already know he gone screw up in the next two seasons. But, since he ends up dead, somehow I have a feeling he is going to fail in leading the island back to whatever Jacob wants him to, and that's going to suck!!!!

fixed come on man you know john cant do right,its in his DNA to %%!+ %!%$ up

Originally Posted by ghost43t

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

I really hope already know he gone screw up in the next two seasons. But, since he ends up dead, somehow I have a feeling he is going to fail in leading the island back to whatever Jacob wants him to, and that's going to suck!!!!

fixed come on man you know john cant do right,its in his DNA to %%!+ %!%$ up

roll.gif
Come on, at least give me some hope.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom