**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

So I went to Lupe Fiasco's concert Saturday night and I don't know if I just had really high expectations or what....but i didn't enjoy it.

Instead of just having a DJ play the beats, he had a 4 piece band playing each instrumental which provided a cool live experience but didn't feel the same as listening to the original (ie no way a rock band could match the OG 'Go Go Gadget Flow' beat). I also wasn't fond of the fact that he only played 3 songs from FL2, 3 from the Cool and 3 from F&L but 10 from Lasers (even playing I Don't Wanna Care twice :smh: )

Like I said earlier, I was hoping for him to play songs like the Cool, the Instrumental, Little Weapon, etc. but he didn't; he said he couldn't even remember the words to Switch when the crowd chanted for it. I guess it just feels like he's sadly transitioning from conscious hip hop to dumbed down music for the masses which makes me sad.

Was anyone else there? Coolest part of the night was when Bun B came on and they did Swang on Em together.

^^^ Yeah, when I saw Lupe last year it was kinda mehhhh

It was right after Lasers dropped... :smh:

But he did do the instrumental, go go gadget flow, hip hop saved my life, day dreaming, kick push, and then from what I can remember a bunch of Lasers garbage... :smh:

Lupe needs to take some notes out of Kendricks book...

its a tuff thing to find balance between dope lyricism with meaning and appeal to the mainstream... Lupe definitely did that with Food and Liquor and The Cool. Then Lasers sounded like a not-legit give and take with him and his label that did not come off properly sounding really forced and not natural Lupe. And in my opinion I love Lupe's new album but i feel he went to much in the other direction and did not find the balance he had in his earlier work. But still love Lupe and he will always be one of my favorite lyricist.

I still have'nt fully listened to it,just skimmed and I'm a  huge Fiasco fan.

It sounds like a mesh of The Cool and Lasers. Track 1-8 and 13-16 are The Cool, while 9-12 is Lasers.

ITAL is fire,my fav track.

Don't get the hate for Lasers it was a good album.

I still have'nt fully listened to it,just skimmed and I'm a  huge Fiasco fan.
It sounds like a mesh of The Cool and Lasers. Track 1-8 and 13-16 are The Cool, while 9-12 is Lasers.
ITAL is fire,my fav track.

Don't get the hate for Lasers it was a good album.

Production didn't go well with Lu at all on that album.

-Drew

Some new Lupe news fam:

F&L part 2 has been cancelled :wow:

Also, he's gonna be releasing a new yet-to-be-titled album, so it sound like it's not Skullz.

This is the artwork:

I'm wondering if its the label or it's Lupe...

Some new Lupe news fam:

F&L part 2 has been cancelled :wow:

Also, he's gonna be releasing a new yet-to-be-titled album, so it sound like it's not Skullz.

This is the artwork:

I'm wondering if its the label or it's Lupe...

Wow. Whats the source on this?

Its just the name of the album :lol: unless it was planned on being some time of concept album I couldnt care less

I feel you on that. I think we do get caught up on album titles sometimes. I could care less too about what the title is as long as the music is good. I think where some people may be frustrated is with the fact that it is another delay/change with Lupe's work most likely caused by the label.

They gave me a scare on Twitter when they announced F&L2 Part 2 was cancelled, then waited 10 minutes to tweet a different album would be releasing :lol: With all the talk about Lupe possibly retiring a little while back that 1st tweet wasn't what I wanted to see :lol:

As long as the music is good though, he can name it whatever he wants.

F&LII Part II made it seem like the album would be dropping soon because it was the second installment.

I hope changing the title isn't signaling a long wait

But it always seems to be something with Lupe's albums. I would be surprised if the name change was just a meaningless name change and the thing was still around the corner.

Personally I hope he returns to a concept album like the Cool instead of his political crusading on FL2 pt 1, he needs to put something out that will bring new fans i,n not polarize people.

I agree on the concept album.

Here's what I'm confused about though, because there was going to be a part II, it still counted as his 4th album.  Now, I know Skulls was suppose to be his 5th and final album, because of contract reasons, would that mean this would count as his final one?

I'm gonna disagree with those who say "its just an album title". Usually when an artist is in a certain creative space, the entire mood/concept of the project can be attached to the title. An album with one title may sound completely different than an album with another title. I'm pretty sure this new album is gonna be different than what was gonna be F&L2p.2 other than the name, since they're delaying it. I think this is good news anyway, cause I thought F&L2p1 was awful, so if Part 2 was gonna be anything like Part 1, then no thanks! Plus rumor has it that this new album will be a concept album, so hopefully it'll be the return of the old storytelling Lu.

Lupe needs to get his camp back in order. The absence of Gemstones, Sarah Green, Santos etc. where the main reason for his last 2 albums being sub par imo.

Lupe needs to get his camp back in order. The absence of Gemstones, Sarah Green, Santos etc. where the main reason for his last 2 albums being sub par imo.

partially agree.

Funny thing is he doesn't seem to have "lost it", but he somehow doesn't have it together, he seems really uncomfortable near the mic or deconcentrated since the release of The Cool. Which is a shame, he still has the potential to be the best in the game...

From what he's been saying about part 2 for awhile was it was aimed to be more of just a rap album, as opposed to F&L2 part 1 which dealt with social issues, politics, etc. He's said in the past this album was supposed to be more of a straight hip hop album without any theme, so im thinking the name change isn't anything major & hopefully the RD won't get pushed back further because of this :nerd:

@joshrogin: Lupe Fiasco just got thrown off stage here at the Hamilton Live after he went on an anti-Obama diatribe mid set.

@joshrogin: So Lupe played one anti-war song for 30 min and said he didn't vote for Obama and eventually was told to move on to the next song.

@joshrogin: Lupe refused to move to the next song so a team of security guards came on stage and told him to go.

He's at it again.

@joshrogin: Lupe Fiasco just got thrown off stage here at the Hamilton Live after he went on an anti-Obama diatribe mid set.

@joshrogin: So Lupe played one anti-war song for 30 min and said he didn't vote for Obama and eventually was told to move on to the next song.

@joshrogin: Lupe refused to move to the next song so a team of security guards came on stage and told him to go.

He's at it again.

This dude is a certified bum now. Lupe = Chief Keef, is very ironic.

Back
Top Bottom