Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

^ LOL you could throw handcuffs in there too...lol

yezzir....in "the coolest" he says
The ones that had deadbeat daddies and well to do momma's (voice of the game)but not well enoought to keep em from us (voice of the game) The ones that were fighting in class that might notpass..rap record pressured to laugh at a life not fast....

He say she say:

now he's fighting in class got a note last week that said he might notpass...asked me if his daddy was sick of us cuz you aint neva pick him up

off the coolest as well:

Qoute...to a crying and sobbing baby momma who's the mother to a daughter that I hadfathered from afar...my new lady gave me a mercedes and a necklace with a solid gold key like the starter of a car
The crying baby mother ishis mother and the "daughter that he had fathered from afar" is- down by his feetwas a letter from his sister second grade handwriting simply read "I miss ya"

"Sunshine" is not part of the storyline, i have the interview where he broke down the chronological order of the songs, and thereis a website that has the bios of the characters.....there is alot of thought and work being put into this..and even if you dont like him musically, you haveto respect the amount of work and time given as an artist

^ LOL you could throw handcuffs in there too...lol
Doesn't really fit into the storyline

Some Reaching from Just Might Be Okay, didn't write these lyrics, got them from another website

Maybe just might be OK
After all
Sun don't shine (Sunshine)
On these days

This feeling getting heavy is heaven (Mentions something like this in superstar)

God bless the mothers and younger brother is a hustler
Cuz she don't want sob at his waist
But he want to follow in the step
Bang his hat learn his shake
master his swagger in the bathroom
Mirror cop a Chevy steady mob in his place
Chea its just the problem we face look his mom is in the face n promises his strait

Then he leaves the house that love built that
Hug renovate that section 8 pays for
Well lets pray for em
Let the beat play for em
Put the trouble on display for em
Cuz he gotta go face the drama
With a difference face from the one that he use to face his moma
If you look close
You'll see a consist of a smile that hurts a ice grill
in a trace of trauma
little bit of his father

I'm cool I don't for tell best (O RLY?)
I ain't nice as MC, I ain't cornel west (The Cool is apparently inspired byhis speech)

chose a 44 over a mother board
I ain't a credited institute graduate (He Say She Say, Might not pass)

Some reaching from Ghetto Story (Steady Mobbin)

[Lupe: talking]
You know I had to do it, man. It wouldn'ta been right if I didn't. You seen it? You seen the show last night on TV?You seen%*@%!%'s rims man? You seen the new Jordans man? You see her#!%! yo? Yeah, yeah, that's crazy. (The Instrumental)

[Singing:]
Seein' with my ghetto eyes
I walkeded with my ghetto feet
I talkeded with my ghetto speech
I'm copasetic, I won't let it bring me down
Bring me down...

I say it's enstilled
As I peep from beneath the titled brim of my pinwheel
Steady mobbin', heavy problems (Traded his Kufi in for a New Era)
Genocide resynthesize to violence, makes it hard to sympathize
Harden, individuals whose feelings is miniscule
Soon become criminals if you dark-skinned
And you was raised in a project apartment
Public Aid made it that your father couldn't stay (He say, She Say)
He had to part then, left with only a mother
The family structure suffers
He will soon cling to hustlers, as his guardians
He still a boy, needs to fill a void, marchin'
Up the block up to no good, sellin' in the wrong hood
He was taken down by a marksmen
At his wake, 8th Grade Graduation picture
Last words: Don't let the habitation get ya
Pardoned, Lord have mercy on the fallen
Amen, feel like I'm hardened
Got the harbinger for the coming of the carpenter
Til then, I got some big fish to fry like Marlins
Part$$@#@##, steady mobbin'

[Chorus:]
I've got some questions to ask, and I'm waitin' on some answers
Like, Why do the good die young? Why ain't there no cure for cancer?
Won't let the streets dicatate my glory
Cuz it's something out there for me
But I'ma flee my territory
So I won't end up, just a ghetto story
Just a ghetto story, just a ghetto story
Just a ghetto story, just a ghetto story

For anyone else who is lost like me.... got this from another board:

Michael Young History
Born: March 2006
Birthplace: Every Hood, USA

Biography: Since his early childhood days, Michael Young History was conflicted. Raised by a single, hard-working mother, History never really knew his father, a man who abandoned both History and his baby sister. This lack of paternal guidance turned an otherwise intelligent, promising boy into a drug-selling, money-grubbing Scarface-wannabe. Starting off as merely a petty crook, History's torrid affair with his mentor's (Game) wife, The Streets, sent him on a downward spiral of greed, deception, and, ultimately, death.

Cool Point
- An unabashed atheist, History anointed his own "holy trinity"-himself, Streets and The Cool.

The Cool
Resurrected: Amongst the undead since September 2006
Birthplace: Six feet under the Earth's surface

Biography: The Cool is the physical manifestation of History's debt to humanity. Payback for every user abused and every family torn apart by History, The Cool walks amongst the living as a zombie. "He" - that term used lightly, considering The Cool isn't human - reeks of death, an ironic contrast to his polished three-piece-suit appearance. Searching for his purpose, The Cool haunts The Streets.

Cool Points
- His only possessions-two diamond earrings, a gold chain, and a letter from History's eight-year-old sister.
- Despite the long-finished settling of rigor mortis, the sharp sensation of three bullets constantly causes aching in The Cool.
- Only one thought plays in his head like a broken record - "Hustler for death, no heaven for a gangster."

The Game
Born: Given life the moment the snake suckered Adam and Eve
Birthplace: The Garden of Eden

Biography: An immortal, soulless entity, The Game scours city blocks and country landscapes with equal menace. Scheming from morning until night, he changes targets like the wind - hustlers, politicians, celebrities, and impressionable youth have all succumbed to his charms. His most valued accomplice is his wife, The Streets. Together, this "Bonnie and Clyde" duo have affected the lives of every man, woman, and child. The victim closest to their affections, however, was Michael Young History, a tortured man seeking acceptance through fame and fortune. Of course, nothing from The Game comes without a price.

Cool Points
- Quite convincing, his foolproof method of touching minds is through blunt fingertips.
- Through his wire-tapped ears, he's able to hear the approaching of any enemy.
- When not hovering over common society, he lives behind bars, plotting ways to see his son, Heroine, and secretly conversing with his marital lover, The Streets.
- Despite carrying out such heartless actions, The Game does have a blood-pumping system - an amplified system pumping beats through woofer-like veins.

The Streets
Born: Conceived thousands of years ago, when the first paths and roads were paved.
Birthplace: Unknown

Biography: A temptress like none other, The Streets possesses an uncanny knack for seduction and betrayal. An equal opportunity heartbreaker, she exudes an allure irresistible to both men and women. Some have accused her of pedophilia, having lured people into her tangled web at ages as immature as eight years old. The word "love" isn't in her vocabulary -although The Game is her admitted soulmate. Yet, The Streets has always felt a peculiarly strong connection with Michael Young History.

Cool Points
- Often referred to by her condemners as a "demon in a dress."
- No stranger to loss, she's tattooed the names of her murdered ex-boyfriends across her breasts.
- Her ambitions are clear upon eye contact, with dollar signs in the place of her pupils.
- Witnesses to History's slaying reported seeing brown, almost Hennessy-colored tears roll down The Streets.

Here Go The Tracklist:

01. Isesha Poem (Intro)
02. Free Chilly (Interlude)
03. Go Gadget Flow
04. The Coolest
05. Superstar
06. Paris Tokyo
07. High Definition
08. Gold Watch
09. Hip Hop Saved My Life
10. Streets On Fire
11. Lil Weapons
12. Gotta Eat
13. Dumb It Down
14. Hello Goodbye
15. The Die
16. Put You On Game
17. Fighters
18. Go Baby

steady mobbin= my favorite lupe song ever made. ive seen him 4 times, never performed it. and this is even when the crowd was shouting out songs, and he wouldplay them...

A "cool" review

1.) "Baba Says Cool For Thought"
Spoken word intro for the album, breaks down "The Cool" - nice follow up to the intro on F & L. This is Lu's sister's voice, and she wrote this poem too!!

2.) "Free Chilly" ft. Sarah Green & GemStones (aka Gemini)
This beat sets the tone for the dark album, and even though its quick, Sarah and GemStones killed it. Love this!

3.) "Go Go Gadget Flow"
Lu completely rips this beat to shreds, switches flo and reps Chi-town hard on this. This is gonna be alot of peoples favorite cut, trust! Soundtrakk whatup!

4.) "The Coolest"
Introducing Michael Young History. This sets the story, pay attention.

5.) "Superstar"
If you are what you say you are homey! FNF UP!

6.) "Paris, Tokyo"
Might be the next single. Track is crazy from front to end. This one is def for the ladies, Lu has a real playful flow on this one, and it just showcases his talent to another level. Beat is dope too!

7.) "Hi Defintion"
This is my favorite track on the album, maybe it's cause Lu drops my name in it! LOL "Then tell Busy to go and get the pirates" haha! Snoop kills it too…S N Double O, Fresh & Wonderful - FNF and S N Double O P!!! This is def gonna be a single. Radio will eat this up! Shoutouts to Pooh Bear who singles on the hook (he wrote the hook too, if you dont know him - he works with Scott Storch and writes alot of the tracks he produces - Danity Kane, Mya, etc - he also wrote Usher's "Confessions"!!!)

8.) "Gold Watch"
This was one of Chill's favorite tracks on the album, maybe a remix on the way with 2 of the biggest rappers on the way? We shall see…Chris & Drop kill this beat, hot sh*t fellas!

9.) "Hip Hop Saved By Life"
This track is real dope! Lu talks about an up and coming rapper from Houston, and his struggle to reach the top. "Played his freestyle over Whip Me Down"!! Nikki Jean - your voice is amazing! Another track that could be a single!

10.) "Intruder Alert"
Ok here we get one some deep level@+$+, this cut to me is the "Hurt Me Soul" of the album. Ladies listen up, the lyrics on this song are very powerful, and it gives me chills every time i hear this track. Sarah laces simple but amazing lyrics.

11.) "Streets On Fire"
Introducting The Streets. Shes a dirty one, I tell ya. Santos really brings out the vocals on this one, I love this song…The indie kids will really enjoy this…

12.) "Little Weapon"
FOB's Patrick Stump lays down the beat, and it's ridiculous. This song is about Child Soliders, and Lu laces the track, and Bishop G makes his debut, dropping a sick 16 bars!!! I love the marching drums beat pattern.

13.) "Gotta Eat"
At first I was confused by this track, the infamous cheeseburger track, but now its one my favorite cuts. Lyrics are so dope!!!

14.) "Dumb It Down"
Never sir! "Pour Champagne On A $!%@$"!!!

15.) "Hello Goodbye"
This is some different %%+% right here, Hip Hop kids might be confused. But this is in true Unkle fashion of experimental music.

16.) "The Die"
GemStones goes hard on this one, and shows up that he's next in line of hot mc's coming out of the chi!
This track is the DEATH OF THE COOL

17.) "Put You On Game"
2007's version of Biggie's Warning in my opinion. The beat is crazy, shoutouts to Simon! And Lu's flow is untouched in this one, this %%+% is just straight hard. The Game's laugh in the begining of this track is scary.

18.) "Fighters"
I almost cried the 1st time i heard this track, no*@++!! But it's on some deep level@+$+.

19.) "Go Baby"
And we end of a positive high note, the darkness has ended! The track is crazy, kinda reminds me of Andre 3000's "Hey Ya"…I always liked Lu's singing!

http://childrebelsoldier.com/

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

wait.. NT i havnt been in the music section in a while, but what is all this talk of a story??
I know im late, but i honostly have no idea?? Could someone please inform me, lol.
SMH at myself. I thought i was a big fan

remember ya im lookin for Lupe NYC tickets 12/18!!!
I got some nters that got me on watch props
holla @ me though if u got info!!!
thanx

Intro (F&L) - lupe's little sister is the little sister from the story, references just might be ok
He Say, She Say - michael loses his father, sometimes it ain't sunny
Kick Push - misfit, abandoned, get introduced to the streets
Kick Push 2 - mom becomes a crack head, father couldn't be contacted, michael is forced to take care of his sister, at first rejects hustlin, (the game)
Just Might Be Okay - promises to his mom he'll stay straight, references steady mobbin, abandons his mom, gives into temptation (the game)
Sunshine - falls in love with the streets
Ghetto Story (Steady Mobbin) - michael becomes corrupt, clings to the game, hints at his death
Hustlaz Song - michael is now forced to hustle to support his sister, becomes more corrupt
Game Time - talks more about games influence
Fast Money - michael fully corrupt getting his tony montana on

For those of you wondering about the logo.....

"Do I love her?"
I said I don't know
Streets got my heart [bottom right], Game got my soul [bottom left]

small1.jpg

I'm still lost on the skeleton hand though? Anyone know what it represents?

Originally Posted by AC IX

"Do I love her?"
I said I don't know

small1.jpg

Michael young history

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by AC IX

"Do I love her?"
I said I don't know

small1.jpg

Michael young history

just listen to the cool thats just from MYH hand rotting while he was in his casket

And he gets the girl third verse lyrics:
You know today gon be the coolest and you know how far ya school is
know how dangerous the Flu is so button up ya coat
and finish off ya breakfast you know how important fuel is
food is to humans as (idk) to boat
I knew this everday we gotta go through this
and I ask why you qoute, "Cuz im ya father Lucas"
Pop last night I was looking of the futures commodities is failin' rental properties is selling
The biotech market share is at its hugest
I think we should ride this wave we cant reinvent the rubics
WHOA..we should of played em more music
"Lucas, why is your bookbag full of tulips"

ummm well ma..its this girl.....

The hand of bones on The Cool symbolizes Michael Young History losing his "right"eousness

soo0o0o 8 days left and still no one has called a plumber? wow Lupe def. doin a good job keeping this album from being compressed into a .rar or .zip
laugh.gif

this has to be my most anticipated album ever

lupe is a genius i didnt even know all these songs are pieces of a bigger story lupe is trying to convey.....damn

Is this michael young guy just speculation, or did Lupe actually say he was rapping about this dude? I ask because some of you are reaching way too much.

I hope this joint is gonna be good.

I haven't heard anything but Superstar and Dumb It Down, but I'm def gonna pick it up on release.

Back
Top Bottom