Official Madden NFL 13 Thread: Patch #4 Available 11/29; Details pg. 43

Yeah playbooks will be the same, sucks they didn't really change anything at all except for a few new things on defense.

All-Madden is STUPID hard though. I've been playing Madden for forever and my god trying to pull everything out of the bag and nothing is working.

User catching is VERY difficult now. Dropping passes has always been a problem. I remember last year I would go crazy. Unless they're 95+ overall they usually drop a pass after ANY contact @#$# was just ridiculous. Haven't really encountered any dropped passes so far while playing this demo but I"m sure I'll come across it soon.

And I wish they didn't make the game speed so fast. Seems like it's a lot faster than previous years.

I havent touched Madden in years. Going to DL this demo...see what it talkin bout'

I haven't played madden in about 2 years. (haven't owned madden in about 4)

I enjoyed the demo. I won't be buying the game.

-The play calling system is strange with the "game flow" i wasn't feeling it.
-Still animation issues. Guy standing on the sideline waiting for a pass....then goes into run-catch animation and can't catch it in bounds even though he was stationary when the pass left the hand.
-Manually playing defense seems to still be difficult. But may get easier
-Clunky after play animations - player all running into each other and what not.
-A lot of dropped passes.

I found running in space to be not very enjoyable. I wish you could be sprinting stop hitting the sprint button cut with the joystick inside on a guy and get by him. This happens all the time in real life. In an open field its hard to bring down a player in a one-on-one scenario. Yet i had running plays where i would turn the corner and have only a safety or corner there and I couldn't get by him. Tried juke stiff arm spin...nothing.

I miss old days when i would have that scenario with Terrel Davis in Madden 97 and i would hit R2 for juke and could beat a guy.

J,

1. Don't use GameFlow. That is for cowards. Use conventional.
2. With the sprinting issue, remember that the left stick is pressure sensitive. If you are pressing it @ 100% through all movements/cuts, you can't really expect a change in momentum. What you are looking for is actually in the game. You just have to loosen up on how hard yuou are pressing the stick.
3. Sideline screens, I always hold the left stick AWAY from the sideline when making the pass to overcompensate the natural lead that passes have. Don't have it pointed towards the sideline or it will lead him out of bounds. You can actually have it at 0, no pressure, and it should get to him stationary. When pressing left, it leads him into the middle of the field and it tells him to start up his locomotionn to make the catch.
4. Dropped passes happen. Not really fair to say it is too many unless you have a large number of samples.

Last edited:
J,

1. Don't use GameFlow. That is for cowards. Use conventional.
2. With the sprinting issue, remember that the left stick is pressure sensitive. If you are pressing it @ 100% through all movements/cuts, you can't really expect a change in momentum. What you are looking for is actually in the game. You just have to loosen up on how hard yuou are pressing the stick.
3. Sideline screens, I always hold the left stick AWAY from the sideline when making the pass to overcompensate the natural lead that passes have. Don't have it pointed towards the sideline or it will lead him out of bounds. You can actually have it at 0, no pressure, and it should get to him stationary. When pressing left, it leads him into the middle of the field and it tells him to start up his locomotionn to make the catch.
4. Dropped passes happen. Not really fair to say it is too many unless you have a large number of samples.

Appreciate the insight DC. I haven't played madden in forever so i would have guessed a lot of it would come with just playing the game and getting used to things.

This is the **** I hate:

-Man, back shoulder throws are great.... to watch the CPU do! When i try it ends up being a bullet to nothing...and the DB breaks before the WR does.

-Consistently Lynch breaks 1v1, 1v2 and will most likely chain them together and kill your D 8 rushes 87yds ... when you play as him 16rushes 58yds :smh:

- CPU DEs pressure and break blocks easy, User controlled Pierre-Paul DEAD. When he does Alex Smith harlem shakes him off :stoneface:

- 9 routes CPU DBs are GODLY.

This is why FIFA is a better game year after year! It maintains because every move,trick, option is available and accessible to the user.

Had to vent! All-Madden needs to be nerfed.

This is the **** I hate:
-Man, back shoulder throws are great.... to watch the CPU do! When i try it ends up being a bullet to nothing...and the DB breaks before the WR does.
-Consistently Lynch breaks 1v1, 1v2 and will most likely chain them together and kill your D 8 rushes 87yds ... when you play as him 16rushes 58yds
mean.gif

- CPU DEs pressure and break blocks easy, User controlled Pierre-Paul DEAD. When he does Alex Smith harlem shakes him off
indifferent.gif

- 9 routes CPU DBs are GODLY.
This is why FIFA is a better game year after year! It maintains because every move,trick, option is available and accessible to the user.
Had to vent! All-Madden needs to be nerfed.
my dude..i cant throw a 9 for nothing..and i was always a vertical passing type dude in madden..seems like to move the ball on the demo, u gotta go to a more west coast style..not my game at all..

i still have problems with recievers dropping passes...randy moss and vernon dropping passes wide open...really??

i think it is because i try to user catch EVERY PASS..but thats how ive always played..i throw to man coverage 100% of the time when i see it, and its waaay harder to catch the rock this year...

ive played 4 almost games on all madden, most success ive had is with san fran..gore is a beast...but this catching the rock thing is gonna take sum getitng used to.

itll get easier when im playing other people and not the cpu, but so far theyre 4-0 against me(all madden)...

and the game speed is obviously faster...feels more like ncaa than madden of previous years..which sucks..i NEVER change anything on any game i play except the difficulty settings but ive been seriouinsly contemplating moving the game speed to slow...such a noticeable diff in game speed..

2nd and 1, Santana Moss was past the DB, the ball was lead perfectly in stride... DB intercepts, NO WAY NO HOW!!!

I'm more of an underneath passer, but I take a chance every now and then I'm probably 0-for :smh:

I really only have success in the hurry-up against the CPU, hot routing and exploiting the tired D.

I will admit that LBs are WAYYYY better this year.... So more superman 1-hand grabs.

For the record, to get more plays in a single game adjust the settings when the game starts before the actual kick off. Turning off accelerated clock and changing game speed to slow helps. I been out the Madden game for a couple years but my passing game is beyond abysmal. INT's all over the place and I'm only on All Pro. 

I hope the actual game is much smoother than the demo in terms of transitions throughout the game and especially dudes falling allllllllllllll over each other. 

I played a few games last night. Most of my complaints have been said. Tackling and defensive awareness still isnt great. Way too fast for my liking. I'm not getting the game on release this year. .I'm gonna wait for great custom sliders to come out and for Sports Illustrated to run their free Madden promotion.

Basically thats what I have to do with every Madden for the last couple years to make it enjoyable for me.

i literally just threw 4 perfect passes and they were all dropped the same way , wide open right on the numbers
i hope to jesus this is nowhere near complete

absolute trash

I like the speed of the game

User catching has been on and off for me...sometimes they wouldnt even attempt to jump
It absolutely sucks playin madden on a small, non-widescreen TV ....

but yeah...everything's cool, i love the passing now where the WR/DB's have to have awareness of the ball. The physics is pretty cool since it's all about angles. My biggest problem is just how hard EA is making it to call plays
laugh.gif
....like you already cut our time to call plays so why would you make us go through a 3 panel playcalling screen? It should take up the entire screen...like we get it...TV-like broadcast. And then calling hot routes and adjustments on defense. Why they gotta make it soo hard to do something simple like shifting LB's? I know we should be used to it by now but it's dumb.
Yeah they over complicate ****, but they do have the old settings to call audibles still

Liking the game so far but there's still some getting used to like usual. Having a tough time getting used to user catching on defense though. Actually, user catching in general. Alot of times when I try to catch it the DB doesnt do anything at all. Maybe its because he's out of range but idk. On offense though there's alot of times where I make a stupid throw and I user the WR to cut off the DB and get in front of him to catch it but again sometimes it does nothing. Not worried though cause im sure its all about just getting used to it.
Running the ball is a little bit harder but thats ok im the Packers anyway.
Its also MUCH more of a gamble to use the hit stick. I usually try to hit stick every play and connect but ive screwed myself over many times in this demo. Im gonna have to get used to tackling with the X button.
Might just be me but it seems like its pretty easy to return kicks. I returned a kick off and a punt in the very first game and had a few more kick returns after.
The niners D is TOUGH
sick.gif
Not really. For me at least. I carved them with Eli, Cruz and Hicks.

This was my first time playing a Madden game since Vince Young was on the cover and to be honest, there wasn't anything about the demo that would make me buy it come release day. The animations are more fluid, but clunky too if that makes sense. The presentation wasn't anything mindblowing. There were lines that were repeated multiple times throughout the demo in a very short span. If that's a problem in the retail version
mean.gif

Okay I've encountered the drop passes problem. The EXACT same as last year what the ****!!!!!! Victor Cruz catches a pass only to be dropped by just a REGULAR tackle. I can't stand that ****, if they get touched at all it's getting dropped. You're telling me if it's 4th down and the first down depends on the game they're not gonna try to hold onto that ball for dear life? Ridiculous.

downloaded the demo and played a few games. then went back and played some madden 12.
13 i felt like i could be more creative with the ball in open space...
but in the run game.. the o line is soooo focused on the center if theres an OLB or CB lurking to the side your running to, they will not block them.
that and the dropped passes like crazy even when they didnt get hit right after was frustrating.
it did feel more genuine and less generic the way tackles looked and animations i wasnt recognizing the same fall forward animation over and over like in 12.
dont really have the urge to cop, i can wait for 14.

I haven't bought Madden in years but I enjoyed playing the demo.

A few observations, hopefully to be fixed in the retail version.

(1) It might have been my TV, but playing the ********/Seahawks game I had trouble figuring out who was on my team due to the shadows. :smh:
(2) I like the physics, it caused some plays to have a certain amount of realism, while others looked like this

(3) Sometimes Nantz & Simms would commentate on a play that happened the play before. Another flub was the ref would announce a penalty and you couldn't hear the call.

the physics is very good. but i always run into my lead blocker and it knocks me off balance 
mean.gif

the tackling is very good and realistic the passing is also great i had 190 yards with victor cruz

cant wait till it comes out so ican tear it up with vick

Okay after playing this many more times and actually getting a good feel for the game I really like it.

I was FINALLY able to user catch and I've gotten the hang of it. LOVE that there's no more superman linebackers. Lofting the ball right over their heads into the perfect spot is really a great feeling. Passing is just nicer in general without the psychic DBs, you're really able to make some real NFL throws and that in itself is :pimp:

Oh and I love that they fixed they fade route finally! IT ACTUALLY WORKS. Throwing a nice fade in the corner to Nicks and being rewarded (since he was a taller WR) was great to see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom