Official: Manny Pacquiao Thread

Copped my 11's at 9:04PST. For my bay area peeps, I was at Champs Great Mall today and I just happen to ask if they'll have 'em and mgr. said they will and release on Saturday. I suggest calling them tomorrow to confirm as I was surprised they would have them, but why Saturday release? Unless they don't have their shipment yet....good luck!

Originally Posted by kobewise

Will these be anywhere other than Nike SM in the Los Angeles area?

They gave out wristbands today just go be raffled tomorrow
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DRFT n Dunks

Originally Posted by kobewise

Will these be anywhere other than Nike SM in the Los Angeles area?

They gave out wristbands today just go be raffled tomorrow
eyes.gif
at niketown or nike sm? facebook for nike sm says they are giving out wristbands @ 8

Originally Posted by ERS

Anybody here in the Bay Area headed out to NTSF for the raffle tomorrow?
I'll be out there. I wonder how many people will show up for these. For the EA Fight Night release @NTSF, probably around 15 people showed up for that raffle.

Originally Posted by aypi

I very nice NTer will try to get me a pair tomorrow. I hope he gets my size.

Good stuff NT fam.  I think I will be picking up the Huarache tomorrow instead.  I can't complain getting the Dark Knight Kobes, Gradients and if I can get the Huaraches tomorrow all is well lol.  Good luck to everyone whos gonna line up tomorrow.

Thanks to you for hooking it up at the Nike Vault.  Getting em early is one thing, but those Pacquiao boxing boots are the business!!! Outshines anything I got.

No problem man... I was glad to help out. The boots just go hard!!! Every time I see Manny train in videos and I see him wear those boots, I just look and say OH I got those too lol. I always forget haha.

^congratulations on you pair boots sir. i was drooling simply by looking at it.
smile.gif
i remember seeing in ebay someone selling the pacquio boots from the diaz fight at $2,000 per shoe.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Earl the Pearl

No called several times throughout today.. that conversation with susan was at 1:00 pm central time.  Thanks Ray..
Okay, then what you were told was wrong, since they became available for sale around 10:30 AM CT. 

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Basically yes, some agents do not understand how to read the screen correctly.  I have brought this issue up to the attention of others and hope to have it fixed for future releases.

EastbayRep - Ray
I highly doubt that. I had problems with reps over the last time I purchased a limited release from eastbay (white/gold Pacquiao trainer). That was a while ago and people are still having problems with reps not knowing how to do their job or not having the right info.

But why should eastbay care? We'll be back, we really don't have a choice.
I care about this.  This is the first time I am bring this to the attention of others.  If we keep doing launches like this, it needs to get fixed.  

Originally Posted by elrodo33

I'm about sick of Eastbay releasing shoes early, especially limited shoes. Stick to the release date so people can at least have a fair chance. It isn't right to post the information in here either. I can't sit around and look at a topic 24 hours straight and hope I see the post within a few minutes of the shoes being made availabe. When it is posted in here or anywhere else people do not have a fair chance since the shoes are sold out before most people even see it posted.
Shoes that do not have a hard release date, like the last three Manny Pacquiao shoes, can be sold early once they become active in our ordering system.  Unfortunately, when it comes to shoes with a soft release date, we do not have a set time on when they will become available for sale.  So I just keep an eye on them to see if their status changes.

As for posting when the shoes become available here, I understand your side, but here is my side.  I get a lot of questions asking when the shoe will become available.  I could have just told everyone they will be available on 5/6/11 at 12 AM ET, but as soon as one person finds out they are available before this time, they would let all their friends know and only they would get the shoes, since they are extremely limited.  Then I would be the bad guy for saying they would not be available until 12 AM ET on 5/6/11.  So by me posting information here and on Twitter, I give more customers a shot at the shoes. 

I told everyone that asked about these shoes where they can go to check for updates 1-2 weeks in advance.  You may not be able to check the thread for updates, but you can always ask a friend or someone else you know to do it for you. 

Originally Posted by NCSneakerSummit

Kinda agree with homeboy here. As much as Eastbay Ray is "helping" the sneakers community, I'm not too sure if its really making anything any more easier on shoe collectors alike. Not trying to bash on you, but I'm assuming you have Eastbay's authority to post on behalf of eastbay, which tells me that this is a style of marketing in order to check for market segmentation and also to do a prototype check of this whole "pre-order" thing that most likely eastbay is thinking of implementing further? 
I agree with the fella above that telling people in advance only gives advantage of a certain demographic of collectors (ie, those who follow twitter and those who surf the net 24/7)...if the shoe was released early via internet and it was reported, then i think there's no control...but whether it's a legal or illegal move on your part, i'm not sure if this makes sense from a business organization nor an avid sneaker collector as to how this all benefits. 

Would love to hear your insights. And again, i'm not bashing. I'm just trying to understand this whole "process" better. 

Thanks.
I posted here to give you guys a shot at the shoes, nothing more, nothing less.  Otherwise, I believe most of your other concerns were answered in my reply above.

If you have any other comments, please let me know.

EastbayRep - Ray

Just got back from NTSF, They had about 35 Pairs with biggest size run being a 10-10.5. There was about 30+ heads this morning, pretty much everybody got a pair regardless if it was their size or not, I was able to grab a size 13. Smaller sizes like 8-8.5 were the only sizes left after the raffle which were then re raffled to the folks who wanted to pick up another pair. Congrats to those folks out there this morning who got their pair. Time for the Weigh-In 

Back
Top Bottom