Official: Manny Pacquiao Thread

Originally Posted by GZA73

more pics of my collection on my blog www.ShoeAffliction.blogspot.com

eek.gif

I am sooo mad I never got the Lights Out trainers.  Sick sick sick shoe.

So Floyd and Manny talked on Wednesday and agreed to a 50/50 split of 100million so they are both guaranteed 50mil.
Floyd actually went out of his way and called Manny himself to talk to him personally about the fight and negotiate.

Now Mayweather can't complain about a guaranteed purse from a promoter.

The only disagreement is the actual date and of course Bob Arum (Manny's Promoter) who is still hatin' on the fight. Floyd ALREADY has the MGM in Las Vegas booked for May 5th but Pacquiao (not Arum) is saying later in May, while Arum is pushing for November.

Either way, the fight will happen VERY soon. They both want it, and they both agreed. The details just need to be worked out.

See y'all there . . .

Can't wait to what Nike breaks out for this fight.

+!#......can u imagine lenard calling haglar before they fight.......sounds like a booty call to me......either way mayweather was quoted by espn saying he will not take a 50/50 split fight.

So, it's PACQUIAO vs BRADLEY on June 9th 2o12....which means new MP gear awaits:

taken from yesterday Nike+ innovation event:

14cvd5v.jpg

PacMan to JB?
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=50030#ixzz1naw8PQ00
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

In 2008, Manny Pacquiao, boxing world champion in eight different weight divisions, arrived in Chicago to promote his fight against David Diaz.  On his arrival, one of the first sights Pacquiao requested to see was the statue of Michael Jordan outside of the United Center.

Four years later, and with a few more world titles under his belt, Pacquiao is thrilled that following many months of deliberation and exhaustive planning between the principals of Creative Talent & Advisory Group, LLC (‘CTAG’), Pacquioa’s Filipino legal counsel, Franklin Gacal and a few of Pacquiao’s closest confidants, CTAG, on Pacquioa’s behalf is finally in advanced stages of talks with Nike, Inc. (‘Nike’) to facilitate moving all of Pacquiao’s future endorsement from “Nike’s Classic Swoosh

I'm not sure how I completely feel about the switch, but I really liked his Nike apparel and trainers. I'd probably get a shirt, but I doubt I'd get a pair of any of his new Jordan trainers now.

On a sidenote, it'd be dope to see him wearing some retros...

do any of you guys have any information about his current deal with nike? how many years, how much, etc., etc.? would greatly appreciate it.

Great move to have a boxer signed with JB and unbelievable pull that MJ has to have all sports top athletes signing with his brand rather than creating their own path....

kudos to lebron & kobe for not going the Jordan Brand route

Originally Posted by jlm83jays

Great move to have a boxer signed with JB and unbelievable pull that MJ has to have all sports top athletes signing with his brand rather than creating their own path....

Wasn't Andre Ward the first boxer signed? I seem to remember the Jumpman on the USA Boxing Team gear, in addition.

he might have but Andre Ward didn't get any shoes released.....

He's also nowhere near Pacmans popularity...

I remember Mayweather vs Sharmba Mitchell or was it Carlos Baldomir ? well Jordan attended and the ring they fought in was a huge jumpan

Floyd didnt end up signing with him tho

i just find it unreal that all these top athletes can't create their own lanes in the sneaker industry.....

Jordan will always be the GOAT... unreal almost 15 years after his last championship and he is still pimping the top athletes in the worldacross all sports not just basketball !

I personally don't like the idea if he made the switch to JB. Don't get me wrong, i'm a big Jordan fan and avid collector of his shoes just like most of you here. Shoes as in only his numbered series that I buy as the rest outside of the numbered series are not appealing to me and never was. I mean let's get real, do you see CP3's, Melo's and D-Wade's shoes selling out very quickly compared to Lebron, Kobe and KD's? No way you can compare the quality and design you get out of Lebron/KB/KD's vs JB's team athletes. So this is the side where I see the consumers like us suffer and not get a good quality shoe which some might opt not to buy, but I hope i'm totally wrong about this should he sign with JB. Business wise, it seems it's more beneficial for JB to get a caliber like Manny for him to help boost up that side of JB's brand by it reaching out more globally compared to Nike's. Just my 2 cents!

* Manny Pacquiao could be switching his marketing allegiance from Nike to Jordan Brand. Yes, there's a difference, and yes, it would be a big deal if he makes the move. Nike moves a lot of different kinds of merchandise through the power of Pac-Man, so much so that the special sneakers they whip up for him from time to time are probably the least important part of his line. Outside of the iconic Air Jordan series of shoes, Jordan Brand's global reach doesn't feel quite as strong as Nike's, and Pacquiao would be a big boost in that area. It will be interesting to see if Nike sweetens its deal with Manny to keep him in its camp...

Originally Posted by The Stoic Paisano

Originally Posted by jlm83jays

Wasn't Andre Ward the first boxer signed? I seem to remember the Jumpman on the USA Boxing Team gear, in addition.

Roy Jones was the first. Yall musta forgot!

MeaJor23 wrote:
I personally don't like the idea if he made the switch to JB. Don't get me wrong, i'm a big Jordan fan and avid collector of his shoes just like most of you here. Shoes as in only his numbered series that I buy as the rest outside of the numbered series are not appealing to me and never was. I mean let's get real, do you see CP3's, Melo's and D-Wade's shoes selling out very quickly compared to Lebron, Kobe and KD's? No way you can compare the quality and design you get out of Lebron/KB/KD's vs JB's team athletes. So this is the side where I see the consumers like us suffer and not get a good quality shoe which some might opt not to buy, but I hope i'm totally wrong about this should he sign with JB. Business wise, it seems it's more beneficial for JB to get a caliber like Manny for him to help boost up that side of JB's brand by it reaching out more globally compared to Nike's. Just my 2 cents!

* Manny Pacquiao could be switching his marketing allegiance from Nike to Jordan Brand. Yes, there's a difference, and yes, it would be a big deal if he makes the move. Nike moves a lot of different kinds of merchandise through the power of Pac-Man, so much so that the special sneakers they whip up for him from time to time are probably the least important part of his line. Outside of the iconic Air Jordan series of shoes, Jordan Brand's global reach doesn't feel quite as strong as Nike's, and Pacquiao would be a big boost in that area. It will be interesting to see if Nike sweetens its deal with Manny to keep him in its camp...

I totally agree. Any JB's NOT associated with Michael Jordan does not sell compared to the Swoosh. My only basis for such an opinion is the historic sales rapid sellout of ANY Kobe, Durant and Lebron Swoosh limited collections as compared to CP3, DWade and Melos JB supposedly limited ones. Look, they just released the JB's 'college pack' (DWades, CP3 & Melos) hours ago and guess what, they're still there as of this posting!!! Here's the proof.

Melos:

http://store.nike.com/us/...1/pid-440107/pgid-423780

CP3s:

http://store.nike.com/us/...1/pid-548928/pgid-440243

DWades:

http://store.nike.com/us/...1/pid-555460/pgid-438495

Check out ASG pack/limited LBJ9s, KDIVs, Kobe 7s...they're all gone. Resellers sell them on eBay at ridiculous prices.

IMHO, this is a fatal mistake on Manny to switch to the JBs. The design is far weak compared to Swoosh. Come to think of it, how can you put in TWO LOGOS in one shoe? An MJ silhouette and an MP together??? SMH. Manny's JB shoes are Outlet-bound. They will gather dust on NDC, EB, HOH, FA, FL and retail. You will find them all in Outlet stores after 8 months. I'm sorry to say that. As a huge MP collector, it hurts me a lot. This is a very wrong decision, whosoever Manny's advisers are, for MP's to bolt out of the Swoosh design. 

I myself is an MP shoe collector. I don't see any attraction to two logos appearing in a shoe. The MP logo with the Swoosh is simply a perfect combination and eye-catching. Human eyesight never lies, sales never lie. Manny and his inner circle will realize a SUDDEN DROP of MP shoes in the market soon. If the JB designers were savvy enough to make Manny's sneakers more attractive than before, well, they should have done that on the CP3s, Melos and DWades! This is an EPIC FAIL that is about to happen. Well, if the JB designers drop the MP logo then they just totally killed Manny's sneakers marketability.

Manny does not need Michael Jordan's name to attract world wide sales. Manny is a world boxing icon and so does Michael Jordan in basketball. Manny 'Pacman' Pacquiao is a world wide brand itself...a stand-alone brand. He does not need anybody's name to further boost his brand because he himself IS the brand!

Well, at the very least, I have decent collection of MP-Swoosh sneakers and I am done. I might consider the Tees but not the sneakers anymore.

THIS IS ONLY MY PERSONAL OPINION AND I STAND BY IT. LET THE FUTURE SALES OF THE SNEAKERS MP-JB BRAND PROVE ME WRONG.

^I agree. Although his recent stuff (dating past his last 2-3 fights) made their way to outlets, I foresee a GREATER AMOUNT of JBxMP apparel and shoes to be outlet bound if the move becomes official.

JB is definitely a step down.

I'm still laughing at the fact that they came to this conclusion after observing hundreds of filipino males rocking Pacman gear & J's. All you NorCal & SoCal fans are to blame
laugh.gif
, jk
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

JB is definitely a step down.

I'm still laughing at the fact that they came to this conclusion after observing hundreds of filipino males rocking Pacman gear & J's. All you NorCal & SoCal fans are to blame
laugh.gif
, jk
tongue.gif

You chiuckle...as do I.. but there is a bit of truth to that statement my man.
Jordan has gone through ALOT of changes in the last few years.  From the Design Director leaving.. from Mark Smith going and leaving after seeing its not so great...and other designers going to the Nike side because of the new leadership in place.  This ALL after Gentry went from Jordan Europe to NSW.

Im on the same side of the argument with Jordan just not being where Manny should end up. If you look at Jordan Team Shoes and Jordan Team Signature shoes.. they lack appeal.. and speak to performance with old technology and simple EVA use. 

It's Jordan thats supposed to be cutting edge and out in front and honestly.. the Team Signature Kicks have been completely disappointing over the years save for a few kicks.. so what makes us think Manny will get some nice Cross Trainers..unless they make the Trunners Manny's line?  Or even sneakers along the same lines.. unless its just Nike vis Air?

I won't look forward to them thats for sure.. but if they surprise us with something good.. perhaps thats just bonus.

Back
Top Bottom