Official March Madness 2023 Thread

A pair of special edition Foamposites

They are not releasing though

Imagine looking at your personal special edition shoe for the rest of your life, and always being reminded of losing to a team that had previously never won a NCAA tournament game in the history of the program. :lol:

Outside of that one season with Levance fields and Sam young, has Jamie Dixon ever really done anything in the tournament?

Shots fired?
Just to follow up on this because I was bored after the games…looking at the top 50 NCAA selection committee ranked teams…

NET was off by a combined total of -90 spots (factoring in overrankings and underrankings), absolute difference of 384 spots. NET expected seeding was off by -29 seed lines (again factoring overseedings and underseedings), absolute difference of 105 seed lines.

So yea, it’s a pretty flawed metric considering it’s the largest metric the NCAA looks at.

End of the day though, that’s your own problem if you’re counting on Purdue or Virginia to get you through March and into April. NET doesn’t really matter once single elimination starts (especially for those two), but should matter heading into March when the NCAA did away with RPI for NET as a “better measure.”

Last edited:
If my wife goes to lunch with her friends and leaves me alone long enough, I might do more data extraction about how off the NET has been since it’s been instituted as the “better metric” according to the committee. It’s been off for a while, but spacedoodoo spacedoodoo wants to wear a cape for it.

If my wife goes to lunch with her friends and leaves me alone long enough, I might do more data extraction about how off the NET has been since it’s been instituted as the “better metric” according to the committee. It’s been off for a while, but spacedoodoo spacedoodoo wants to wear a cape for it.

607274A5-1835-4B20-B5E5-6C7227782280.jpeg

Man what? I just said it’s flawed, how am I caping for it?

I’m gonna be so pissed when Penn State comes out and shoots 38% from the field and 33% from three tonight

Back
Top Bottom